English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 16 November 2009, 01:48   #1
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

What is a sensible price for this SNES bundle??

I know it's not Amiga related but it's still good old retro gaming

Anyway i'm thinking about selling a fully modified Snes console but i'm not too sure on the price? I know good condition Snes console's fetch a decent amount on ebay through bidding.

It's a UK PAL snes (Street Fighter 2 bundle version) with a full switchless mod installed! The switchless mod allows the user to enable/disable the CIC region lockout chip and select 50/60HZ screen modes.... The power led also changes colour depending on the settings selected. The cartridge slot has also been widened to allow the larger US carts to be used.

The console modification was performed by Console Passion UK, here is a quick demonstration video: [ Show youtube player ]

This console will be sold with 14 games (carts only):

Shadowrun
Wing Commander - The Secret Missions
Micro Machines
Street Fighter 2
Krusty's Super Fun House
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Home Alone 2
Alien 3
Shaq-Fu
Wing Commander (German version)
Super Battletank
King of the Monsters (US NTSC)
Rival Turf (US NTSC)
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare (US NTSC)

Some of the cartridges have discoloured on the back due to age. This console also comes with the original box and manuals (box is a bit tatty but in one piece) and 2 official controllers. It's all in excellent condition and perfect working order!

Can anyone suggest a sensible price for this lot so i know what to aim for?

EDIT: Also comes with original PSU and RGB scart cable.

Last edited by PowerPie5000; 16 November 2009 at 02:09.
Old 16 November 2009, 02:32   #2
Kitty

Not many great games there, Super Ghouls n Ghosts is probaly the only game thats worth something (although Street Fighter 2 is a classic), but without boxes or manuals snes carts arnt worth a lot at all. (NTSC carts being the most worthless)
I think that you could probaly, maybe fetch £45 - £50 on ebay, but the only problem is that if you list it on ebay as modded they will remove it due to breach of ebay rules, I tried to list a modded Sega Saturn and they removed it straight away!

Btw can you post some pics please
Old 16 November 2009, 02:49   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

Not bad games, but Super Battletank is game to avoid.
Old 16 November 2009, 04:49   #4
mobiusclimber
Mayor of Roron

Whoa, hey now, Shadowrun is absolutely ace. Not as great as the Genny/MD version, but still pretty awesome.
Old 16 November 2009, 12:53   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I think that you could probably, maybe fetch £45 - £50 on ebay
You're joking right? I doubt it would even make £30! There are squillions of them out there and they all come in unmolested cases with multi region carts.

Quote:
but the only problem is that if you list it on ebay as modded they will remove it due to breach of ebay rules
Just say it has a region switch and they'll leave it alone.
Old 16 November 2009, 12:54   #6
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Not many great games there, Super Ghouls n Ghosts is probaly the only game thats worth something (although Street Fighter 2 is a classic), but without boxes or manuals snes carts arnt worth a lot at all. (NTSC carts being the most worthless)
I'm not sure why you think NTSC carts are worthless? Bart's Nightmare is a great game and is one of the more desired Simpsons games Shadowrun usually gets alot of interest on ebay too! I also think Wing Commander (secret missions), Alien 3 and King of the Monsters are also worthy games in my opinion

As s2325 mentioned, Super Battletanks is my least favourite of the bunch! I will try and post some pics soon when i get a bit of time
Old 16 November 2009, 12:58   #7
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Edit : I take it all back. There are people on eBay paying stoopid prices for SNES consoles... WTF is going on?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110452524950

Madness considering there are auctions like this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250520918042
Old 16 November 2009, 13:02   #8
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
You're joking right? I doubt it would even make £30! There are squillions of them out there and they all come in unmolested cases with multi region carts.

Just say it has a region switch and they'll leave it alone.
I've seen many disgusting condition Snes consoles go for over £30 on ebay... and thats maybe with a couple of crap games too! Mine has got a widened cart slot but it's professionally done and maybe a *very* slight bit of yellowing (if any!). Apart from that it's in great condition! and comes with 14 carts

Also both the controllers are immacualte and have had the rubber internals replaced so now the buttons feel as good as new when pressed

All i have to say in the ebay advert are the words "multi region" as i've done with a couple of other systems

Anyway those multi region carts are not all that great and you still need a 60hz switch to play all game's the way they were intended My console can play any Jap/Euro/US game out there due to the CIC, 50/60hz and cartridge slot mod
Old 16 November 2009, 13:05   #9
TCD

Just a thought about Shadowrun : You might try the same as this dude and sell it as VERY RARE (although I doubt he'll sell it, since there are quite a lot 'VERY RARE' Shadowrun catridges for sale atm )
Given alexh's example you could get £50-70 for the lot.
Old 16 November 2009, 13:06   #10
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Just shows some people have more money than sense.

£30 could get you a perfect condition boxed SNES with all the trimmings (without mods) if you are prepared to wait a while for the right auction.

But SNES emulation is pretty good these days, I prefer using XBOX-1
Old 16 November 2009, 13:13   #11
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just a thought about Shadowrun : You might try the same as this dude and sell it as VERY RARE (although I doubt he'll sell it, since there are quite a lot 'VERY RARE' Shadowrun catridges for sale atm )
Given alexh's example you could get £50-70 for the lot.
I never advertise anything as rare, vintage or collectible etc... i just describe what the item is and leave it at that! Pretty much anything i sell has a 99p starting bid so people can pay whatever they feel is worth it I just wanted an idea as to how much this lot is worth as i may decide to Amibay it instead

Also i agree with alexh regarding Snes emulation... I'ts great and i can make the games look better with the various filters I have a nice little Micro ATX system with controllers linked to my tv and it's great for emulation
Old 16 November 2009, 13:18   #12
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
I never advertise anything as rare, vintage or collectible etc... i just describe what the item is and leave it at that! Pretty much anything i sell has a 99p starting bid so people can pay whatever they feel is worth it I just wanted an idea as to how much this lot is worth as i may decide to Amibay it instead
I was joking about that guy, because he uses that cheap trick while there are plenty of cartridges for sale on eBay Around 50 quid sounds reasonable for AmiBay.
Old 16 November 2009, 13:21   #13
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I was joking about that guy, because he uses that cheap trick while there are plenty of cartridges for sale on eBay Around 50 quid sounds reasonable for AmiBay.
Yeah i hate sellers who do that just to fool unknowing victims I'm an honest ebayer and always will be anyway i will try and get some pics uploaded soon!
Old 17 November 2009, 21:55   #14
daznic

Hi, this might help,
6 months ago I sold a Modded NTSC Snes, with50/60 hz and lockout.
The NTSC is more desirable as it plays ALL SNES games including ones a modded PAL can`t like Super mario RPG.
Anyway, it was in a hard case with two Nintendo pads and these games ( Mix of PAL & NTSC )
Secret of Mana, Super mario RPG, Super Mario world, Super mario all stars, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong country 1, 2 and 3, Zelda Link to the past, Super metroid, Super mario Kart, and a few others, I forget but as you can see they all all the top games.
The lot went for £100 on Ebay.

Good luck !
Old 17 November 2009, 22:39   #15
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daznic View Post
Hi, this might help,
6 months ago I sold a Modded NTSC Snes, with50/60 hz and lockout.
The NTSC is more desirable as it plays ALL SNES games including ones a modded PAL can`t like Super mario RPG.
Anyway, it was in a hard case with two Nintendo pads and these games ( Mix of PAL & NTSC )
Secret of Mana, Super mario RPG, Super Mario world, Super mario all stars, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong country 1, 2 and 3, Zelda Link to the past, Super metroid, Super mario Kart, and a few others, I forget but as you can see they all all the top games.
The lot went for £100 on Ebay.

Good luck !
Some nice games you had there I think you would have fetched quite a bit more if you sold the games seperately. I've tried 2 x Super Mario RPG carts on my Snes and one of them worked perfectly whilst the other one got stuck at the title screen... I'm certain there are a couple of different revisions for Super Mario RPG (quite a few games had more than 1 revision).
Old 17 November 2009, 23:29   #16
Kitty

Quote:
Secret of Mana, Super mario RPG, Super Mario world, Super mario all stars, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong country 1, 2 and 3, Zelda Link to the past, Super metroid, Super mario Kart
thats how you get a good price for your snes, sell it with 'good' games.
Old 18 November 2009, 00:40   #17
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
thats how you get a good price for your snes, sell it with 'good' games.
daznic did have some good games there... but could have fetched more if they were all sold seperately Anyway i hate Mario and Donkey Kong games! I have plenty of other decent games that i'm keeping with my original launch Snes console (mainly RPG's). Also any game that i enjoy IS a good game in my opinion and i don't care if it's rare or not.

You can also get a good price by selling a Mint Snes with no games.... and I'm talking about the PAL or Jap version as the US version looks absolutely disgusting! (even crap Snes consoles still sell for more than they are really worth on ebay... fools )

Last edited by PowerPie5000; 18 November 2009 at 00:48.
Old 18 November 2009, 12:05   #18
Kitty

So is your Snes on Ebay/Amibay now? also you got those pics please
Old 18 November 2009, 12:30   #19
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
So is your Snes on Ebay/Amibay now? also you got those pics please
No i've not listed it anywhere yet, I will get the pics sorted soon (been a bit busy)... I also need to take some pics of the Jap Saturn console in the other thread too!

I did try and upload a couple of pics last night but i'm running low on attachment space so i will try and reduce the file size.... there will be pics soon
Old 18 November 2009, 12:51   #20
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
I did try and upload a couple of pics last night but i'm running low on attachment space so i will try and reduce the file size.... there will be pics soon
You could also use http://imageshack.us/ or http://www.imagehost.org/ Great way to preserve attachment space