English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12 April 2004, 13:52   #1
Sleepwalk
 
Posts: n/a
DefJam & CCS Compact Disk Compilation

Hi Everybody!
I was wondering...
Does anyone have all DefJam & CCS Compact Disks Compilations?
There are only 5 of 11 in the tosec dat amiga compilations games : 5(bad)-7-9-10-11
 
Old 17 May 2004, 08:01   #2
DPainter
Junior Member
DPainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 342
Floppy disk

I don't have them all, but attached is #4. Try using KS 1.2, no external drive, etc. I do have another Defjam compact that doesn't say what # it is. It contains the following HOL games: 1251,2108,3809,2449. No room to attach it here.

Last edited by DPainter; 22 May 2004 at 00:38.
DPainter is offline  
Old 18 May 2004, 00:48   #3
Sleepwalk
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPainter
I don't have them all, but attached is #4. Try using KS 1.2, no external drive, etc. I do have another Defjam compact that doesn't say what # it is. It contains the following HOL games: 1251,2108,3809,2449. No room to attach it here.

Hi!
Thank you very much!
Defjam available up to now are:
- n°4 Bone Cruncher, Bubble Bobble, Eco, Fred Feuerstein, Vampire's Empire
- n°5 Frostbyte, Gunshot, Mach3, Rolling Thunder, Slaygon, Wizball (2 games doesn't work) so marked BAD
- n°7 Black Lamp, Fire Blaster, PB Int Football, Sentinel, Strike F. Harrier
- n°9 Beyond Ice Palace, Carrier Command, Star Glider, Thundercats, Vixen
- n°10 Army Moves, Bomb Jack, Computer Scrabble, Quadralien, Skychase, Vectorball, Whirligig
- n°11 Carrier Command, Cybernoid, Nebulus, Netherworld, Virus

The one you're saying probably is needed: Road wars, Starglider, Giganoid, Mercenary

Can You post it?
Thanks!!

Anyone can help us to find the other ones???
 
Old 18 May 2004, 09:51   #4
Big-Byte
Long time member

Big-Byte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 754
The Defjam CCS compacks will always have a special place in my heart - They were the very first copied disks I got and I had them about a week before I even bought the Amiga!

Shame I gave all my disks away when I sold my (first) Amiga back in '91
Big-Byte is offline  
Old 21 May 2004, 12:49   #5
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalk
Hi!
- n°5 Frostbyte, Gunshot, Mach3, Rolling Thunder, Slaygon, Wizball (2 games doesn't work) so marked BAD
I've just upped a fully 100% working Compact Disk n°5 to the Zone for your pleasure!

NOTES:

For Mach 3 and Slaygon, you need a special configuration
(please note that this also applies to users with the real thing!! Both games failed on my A1000 @ KS 1.3)

- Kickstart 1.2 (33.180)
- 512K Chip RAM
- 512K expansion ("slow") RAM

That's mandatory because the ancient CCS cruncher requires this.
andreas is offline  
Old 22 May 2004, 01:12   #6
DPainter
Junior Member
DPainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 342
OK, I put the mystery Defjam compact into the Zone. Haven't tested all games but probably requires similar config as described in previous post by Andreas.
DPainter is offline  
Old 22 May 2004, 10:36   #7
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Codetapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Auckland / New Zealand
Posts: 3,166
Thumbs down Mach 3 and Slaygon corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
I've just upped a fully 100% working Compact Disk n°5 to the Zone for your pleasure!

NOTES:

For Mach 3 and Slaygon, you need a special configuration
(please note that this also applies to users with the real thing!! Both games failed on my A1000 @ KS 1.3)

- Kickstart 1.2 (33.180)
- 512K Chip RAM
- 512K expansion ("slow") RAM

That's mandatory because the ancient CCS cruncher requires this.
Wrong!

1. Neither game fails due to "an ancient CCS cruncher"
2. Slaygon does not require 512k expansion ("slow") RAM
3. The CCS intro is the problem

The reason those 2 games crash is ONE call to a KS1.2 specific ROM address in the Defjam intro. By nop'ing out that one instruction (or skipping the intro completely) both games run perfectly on WB1.3 aswell. Slaygon even runs on an Amiga 1200 configuration:

Mach 3: At $266b6 change $4ef9 to $4e75
Slaygon: At $1b55e change $4ef9 to $4e75

I would guess that both these ORIGINAL games would work perfectly under WB1.2 and 1.3 so I think those comments in HOL should be corrected.
Codetapper is offline  
Old 22 May 2004, 11:58   #8
derSammler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 936
Quote:
so I think those comments in HOL should be corrected.
Or to say it once again: Such comments should not be entered by guess at all! It will be HOLs fall if andreas does not stop thinking that he's always right...

Last edited by derSammler; 22 May 2004 at 12:03.
derSammler is offline  
Old 22 May 2004, 15:21   #9
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Bullshit! I don't think I'm always right, and nobody has said that!
But WindowsKiller, it was clear as anything that YOU jump on the train immediately if there's some occasion to bash!
And mind you, if someone is wrong, the other can correct the one that is wrong! That's why we are a TEAM. (The contrary of AUTOCRAT, btw. Likewise, you would have to agree to change something in your behavior if some team member(s) say you should. You instead would probably go discussing about the justifiedness of your behavior; and talk so long until everyone is blue in the face )

Nevertheless: Errare humanum est [tm].

Yes, I made a mistake. But by the way, what makes you judge about criteria of the rise and fall of HOL as a non-member because of some mere notes? That's just silly.

Codetapper was visibly not amused, but was telling me in an exigent but nevertheless POLITE way. That's the way of criticism I accept - not your kind of going personal, making HOL's rise and fall dependent of single people, etc.

---

@Codetapper:
SORRY man, anyway I was testing on my REAL thing and checked out REAL behavior on REAL 68000 Amiga. It wasn't entered by pure luck! Nor were my findings based on observations made on the emulator because of foolishness' sake.

Secondly: I DO NOT CARE if this can be fixed or not in first place. The report I gave is about the ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED scene release "as-is"!

Quote:
I would guess that both these ORIGINAL games would work perfectly under WB1.2 and 1.3 so I think those comments in HOL should be corrected.
Yes, I would guess that too. That's just why I wrote "the version from the Defjam - CCS compact"!!
I just felt the need to note that down because ppl tend to say that 2 games on that compact are "broken", but they aren't!
Anyway, if you really insist to get every detail right, I can agree on PM'ing you before entering possibly vague infos like "ancient cruncher" next time. But please don't give me the fluff then when I ask you to take a look inside

Well, I'll correct that immediately, according to your explanations.
[edit] done ... if you have anything else to correct, please tell me so.

In case you insist: why not upload a [f Codetapper] version to the zone? It would be modified then, but useful.

Last edited by andreas; 22 May 2004 at 15:49.
andreas is offline  
Old 22 May 2004, 17:23   #10
derSammler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 936
@andreas: The point is that you have not learned anything from the last discussion we had about that.


Quote:
But WindowsKiller, it was clear as anything that YOU jump on the train immediately if there's some occasion to bash!
Don't take it personally. I open my mouth if I don't like something, like you do as well. So keep your stones...


Quote:
And mind you, if someone is wrong, the other can correct the one that is wrong! That's why we are a TEAM.
But the team is not there to correct your stupid guesses! And don't use the argument that you are a team! Do you remember the pm you sent me some time ago in which you've blamed a member of "your" team to defend yourself ? Too bad that most people don't see both of your faces...

Anyway, making a mistake isn't the same as making a guess. If you think that (like in this case) a problem is caused by an ancient cruncher, great. But do not add this to the HOL until it was verified by someone who has the needed knowledge. That's so simple, why can't you understand it ?


Quote:
Yes, I made a mistake. But by the way, what makes you judge about criteria of the rise and fall of HOL as a non-member because of some mere notes? That's just silly.
Not again... Yeah, we are all non-members and we have to shut up. Come on, get serious! I have every right to complain because I'm a HOL user. You know, one of those, for which the HOL was created. Wrong information in such a database will be its death.

Last edited by derSammler; 22 May 2004 at 17:47.
derSammler is offline  
Old 22 May 2004, 22:16   #11
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsKiller
But the team is not there to correct your stupid guesses!
That's the internal problem of the team, and not yours!
That's why we have an internal forum for this kind of internal affairs.
FFS, stop acting as if you're a part of it and as if you were destined for giving me instructions of any kind!

Quote:
And don't use the argument that you are a team! Do you remember the pm you sent me some time ago in which you've blamed a member of "your" team to defend yourself ? Too bad that most people don't see both of your faces...
Ah well...when will YOU ever learn not to publish contents of PMs?
Private messages are private!!! So if you repeatedly prove to be such a fucking untrustworthy snitch, I'll avoid sending you pms of ANY KIND in the future, if that is what you want to achieve!! With a big 'n shiny 'TRAITOR' emblem on your chest, at best!
Always when you appear to run out of arguments, you seem to tend to publish contents of PMs, even though their contents don't fit in this context! That's so freakingly perfidious and cheap!

If you accuse me of not showing both of my (apparently?) two faces, I have to ask you as well: Could the aforementioned behavior be YOUR other face, probably? The one that stabs people in the back by publishing contents of ancient PMs?

Last edited by andreas; 22 May 2004 at 22:30.
andreas is offline  
Old 23 May 2004, 01:37   #12
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Codetapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Auckland / New Zealand
Posts: 3,166
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
In case you insist: why not upload a [f Codetapper] version to the zone? It would be modified then, but useful.
I would prefer to get the originals and crack them properly than a nasty hack of a Defjam compact. Plus it would then create even more alternate versions which isn't really the best thing. There are already far too many games with about 6 alt tags and investigation shows it's usually a bad track/sector or modified high scores or disk name or hacked startup-sequence or something completely useless.
Codetapper is offline  
Old 23 May 2004, 19:00   #13
derSammler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 936
Quote:
That's the internal problem of the team, and not yours!
Seems like you still don't understand. It is a problem for all users of the HOL! It's not an "internal problem" when you enter unproven data. The rest of the team is not responsible for your acts.


Quote:
FFS, stop acting as if you're a part of it and as if you were destined for giving me instructions of any kind!
In your opinion, no one is destined for giving you instructions. Otherwise you would have reacted the first time we had this discussion. But you didn't... Read the old discussion again, I was not alone with my opinion.


Quote:
Ah well...when will YOU ever learn not to publish contents of PMs?
I have not really published any content of that pm. No quotations, no name, so...


Quote:
So if you repeatedly prove to be such a fucking untrustworthy snitch, I'll avoid sending you pms of ANY KIND in the future, if that is what you want to achieve!!
Yeah, please do. It would be nice if you would stop sending me pm's with all those information which I have never asked you for...


Quote:
Always when you appear to run out of arguments, you seem to tend to publish contents of PMs, even though their contents don't fit in this context!
That's so ridiculous. I've shown a pm 2.5 years ago to the moderators of the GAEB (that's not even "publishing" because the public was not involved) but you still keep saying that I do this every time. You think that I'm running out of arguments ? Why do you have to rely on that old story then ?

Anyway, let's stay on topic. You have used the argument that you are a part of the team, so it fits into this context exactly. I just want that other people know what you are really thinking about the team. Because this is what you always do: In public you say only what's good for pleasing other people. But behind their back you use pm's and emails to offend them or others. And then you hide behind that "Private messages are private" thing. This should be true, of course but it's not an excuse.


Quote:
Could the aforementioned behavior be YOUR other face, probably? The one that stabs people in the back by publishing contents of ancient PMs?
Think about who is really stabing people in the back... The one who actually wrote the pm or the one who is telling other people about it ? You have wrote this pm, not I. And it wasn't ancient, it was only 9 weeks ago.

Anyway, I know that I'm an asshole sometimes but I don't hide it! As you can see yourself. And I don't conceal my opinion over others like you do.

btw, can't you discuss without using insult words ?

Last edited by derSammler; 24 May 2004 at 13:40.
derSammler is offline  
Old 23 May 2004, 22:06   #14
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsKiller
Think about who is really stabing people in the back... The one who actually wrote the pm or the one who is telling other people about it ? You have wrote this pm, not I. And it wasn't ancient, it was only 9 weeks ago.
I don't know how old it was. And if at all, what's the problem with it? If some team member would really have complained about the contents, I would certainly have managed to arrange with him and/or talk my way out of this and tell *why* I said these things. But that's definitely not *your* subject to worry about, mind you. Keep out of things that are none of your business. Nor mention them in public!
I really REGRET that I had given this info to you in secret trust. Couldn't foreknow what would happen with it.

Quote:
Anyway, I know that I'm an asshole sometimes but I don't hide it!
Asshole? Would that tell something about your character? Not a pinch!
Incredibly dogmatic person and or extremely patient disputer would rather fit, because it describes YOU instead of foolishly swearing around! Also in the GAEB times, I've hardly ever called you names (= swear words), because I think a characterizing term "hurts" a lot more than such an intellectually undemanding word like "a....le".

Quote:
btw, can't you discuss without using insult words ?
Can't seem to find any in my "speech". The first I read is the one *you* used to (allegedly) self-characterize yourself, the one with a......
(But as I said it doesn't characterize you because this word may be insulting, but meaningless. I prefer meaningful characterizations of people.)

Last edited by andreas; 24 May 2004 at 11:28.
andreas is offline  
Old 24 May 2004, 10:20   #15
Paul
RIP Friends
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 2,157
I don’t want to upset anyone, but please can you two continue this conversation in private. I don’t like seeing arguments.

Last edited by Paul; 24 May 2004 at 10:29.
Paul is offline  
Old 24 May 2004, 11:29   #16
derSammler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 936
Quote:
Can't seem to find any in my "speech".
What's "fucking untrustworthy snitch" then ?

Anyway, I will not continue to discuss at this level. It's too ridiculous, even for me... Discussion ended, bye.
derSammler is offline  
Old 24 May 2004, 12:21   #17
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsKiller
Anyway, I will not continue to discuss at this level. It's too ridiculous, even for me
OK, cowardly draw in your horns, call my level "low" and run away. Fine. Well done.

Bye.

(Btw ... a 'snitch' is a fraction of a 'traitor'. [Compare 'schwindeln' and 'lügen']. A traitor is something lot more serious. I intentionally chose the *weaker* word.)

Last edited by andreas; 24 May 2004 at 12:27.
andreas is offline  
Old 24 May 2004, 13:31   #18
derSammler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 936
Quote:
OK, cowardly draw in your horns, call my level "low" and run away. Fine. Well done.
I don't run away. But I know when it's time to stop.

btw: "at this level" = "auf dieser Ebene", in the meaning of argue that way. I've not called your level low...

Last edited by derSammler; 24 May 2004 at 13:38.
derSammler is offline  
Old 24 May 2004, 13:39   #19
Sleepwalk
 
Posts: n/a
Perhaps I'm a bit off topic.. but does anyone have found any other Dejfam & CCS compact compilation???
 
Old 24 May 2004, 16:14   #20
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

mr_0rga5m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Round yo momma's
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalk
Perhaps I'm a bit off topic.. but does anyone have found any other Dejfam & CCS compact compilation???

LOL
mr_0rga5m is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found some old sourcecode (Defjam & CCS + Megaforce & World of Wonders?) LOGIK123 Amiga scene 7 24 February 2013 20:55
Defjam/CSS compilation disk #7 Kodoichi request.Old Rare Games 0 28 February 2003 14:53
DefJam & CSS compilation disk #5 Kodoichi request.Old Rare Games 8 13 October 2001 12:36

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.12758 seconds with 14 queries