English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 04 January 2015, 13:11   #381
Dissasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissasta View Post
I've run into exact same issue on my shield tablet with Lollipop. I can't get WB to boot up when using a directory as a HDD. Got no problem with using exact copy of that HDD folder on my ouya using the same or for a matter of fact any Uae4All versions. Works flawlessly on my Ouya.

Did anybody find a solution to this? really frustrating as I actually got shield to play Uae4All via WHDload as obviously ADF ain't perfect.

Thanks,
Jan
Lubomyr, you as the developer of this fine app maybe will have a clue what might be going on. Here are a bit more of my findings in regards to the above problem:
- HDD dir works fine from within Internal Storage
- HDF HDD works fine from both IS and EXT (fat32 SD card)
- HDD dir does not work from EXT as it goes into AmigaDos and complains about write permissions when executing any commands
- UAE4DROID works with the very same dir on EXT and in any other configuration for a fact

Could this be an issue with how Uae4All2 handles writing on SD cards?
What is weird and might be actually android related is that I can't create folders on my SD card and some of the apps see it as read-only mounted. EZ file browser complains as well but it asks to select root of the SD card and then it actually gains permission rights and creates/copies files and folders without any problems. It seems there is some sort of an issue with those permissions but some of the apps can overcome them somehow. That's what UAE4Droid probably can do while Uae4All2 can't.

Would be awesome if anybody had some ideas. I can of course move my HDD dir onto internal storage but it's 6GB in size and my internal has 3GB left so this wouldn't be the nicest way to go about it.

Thanks,
Jan

Old 04 January 2015, 14:29   #382
olesio

As far as I know problem with writing data on external SD Card in some devices like tablets is caused by no root access. Sometimes like in my Lenovo Yoga 2 allow to write only for Total Commander and intenal filemanager. And I do not want to root it by myself to do not loose guaranie of their service for two years.
Old 04 January 2015, 22:32   #383
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
- HDD dir does not work from EXT as it goes into AmigaDos and complains about write permissions when executing any commands
I tried to reproduce problem via emulator with Android 5.x, but without success. Android Emulator used only one storage (sdcard) which work with HD-DIR

At first, will be good to check full-path which been received after using dir-request window.
Do you can try to select directory on external storage. Write custom config and check one line in this config file: hard_disk_dir= ?
Old 05 January 2015, 20:49   #384
Dissasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
I tried to reproduce problem via emulator with Android 5.x, but without success. Android Emulator used only one storage (sdcard) which work with HD-DIR

At first, will be good to check full-path which been received after using dir-request window.
Do you can try to select directory on external storage. Write custom config and check one line in this config file: hard_disk_dir= ?
line reads:
hard_disk_dir=Workbench:/storage/sdcard1/Emulators/Amiga/Workbench

Anyhow, got things to work from internal storage but run into a different issue which makes me want to take a completely different approach.

Some of the WHDLoad games such as Monkey Island 2 or Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis gave me some sort of a mismatch error and say something about updating file system.

After reading through internets I came to a conclusion I need to produce a HDF file with a SFS or PFS file system in order to make all the games work.

After some time fiddling around i've managed to come up with a 4GB HDF file which consists of DH0 of 150MB standard FFS(with classicwb) and a 3800MB DH1 partition on PFS3. This set up works perfectly fine in WINUAE but when I run the HDF in Uae4All I get an error saying DH0 not a dos disk or something very simillar.

Lubomyr, any idea what this might be? is it caused by the HDF being created in RDB mode which Uae4All doesn't handle? should I be creating a single partition HDF without RDB?

Thanks,
Jan

Old 05 January 2015, 22:57   #385
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

I think uae4all2 not support RDB, and better create single partition HDF without RDB and then re-format it via uae4all2.

This games (Monkey Island 2 or Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis) is supported by ScummVM. It better way to play it on Android plaftorm.
You can try official port of ScummVM from google-play or my ScummVM-SDL port from my site http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7

As i see hard_disk_dir path is correct. Problem with something else. I don't know yet
Old 06 January 2015, 09:27   #386
Dissasta

Quote:
I think uae4all2 not support RDB, and better create single partition HDF without RDB and then re-format it via uae4all2.

This games (Monkey Island 2 or Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis) is supported by ScummVM. It better way to play it on Android plaftorm.
You can try official port of ScummVM from google-play or my ScummVM-SDL port from my site http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7

As i see hard_disk_dir path is correct. Problem with something else. I don't know yet
Is there any chance Uae4All2 could support RDB in future releases? it makes it so much easier to manage large HDF files as these get mounted as proper hard drives rather than huge floppy directories. If you don't take RDB route then you can't really re-partition your large HDF(using HDToolBox) and change the file system type to either PFS3 or SFS. Even if I create such a HDF with predefined PFS3 filsystem using WinUae when I boot up in workbench and try formatting that drive I can't really format it as PFS3 but only as standard FFS. Or at least I couldn't find a way of doing this...

I'm aware of ScummVM but it currently doesn't work with Lollipop as it crashes on load.

Also, i'm really looking to making my Shield as compatible with WHDLoad as it can be. Also, having a proper HDF would actually help with the external storage issue too.

Thanks,
Jan

Old 06 January 2015, 20:44   #387
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Is there any chance Uae4All2 could support RDB in future releases? it makes it so much easier to manage large HDF files as these get mounted as proper hard drives rather than huge floppy directories. If you don't take RDB route then you can't really re-partition your large HDF(using HDToolBox) and change the file system type to either PFS3 or SFS. Even if I create such a HDF with predefined PFS3 filsystem using WinUae when I boot up in workbench and try formatting that drive I can't really format it as PFS3 but only as standard FFS. Or at least I couldn't find a way of doing this...

I'm aware of ScummVM but it currently doesn't work with Lollipop as it crashes on load.
Jan
I don't know what uae4all2 will be support in future versions. At current time no active development.
Do you tried to run scummvm-sdl version or only official version ?
Old 07 January 2015, 11:07   #388
Dissasta

Quote:
I don't know what uae4all2 will be support in future versions. At current time no active development.
Do you tried to run scummvm-sdl version or only official version ?
Ahhh, my apologies Lubomyr. Didn't realize you're only responsible for porting this to Android, not developing the app itself.

I played around yesterday and found a way to overcome the issues I had so now most, if not all, of the WHDLoad games work fine from HDD directory. For the titles I had mismatching file size errors or any other kind of loading problem I just removed PRELOAD option from .slave tooltypes which makes loading a lil bit more sluggish but the games work well nonetheless. Still way better than with NoWriteCache or NoFileCache(any of these two resolved the issue as well with PRELOAD still being available) tooltypes or straight from ADFs.

Still, having a proper RDB HDF file in Uae4All2 would be a nice feature

Old 10 January 2015, 10:18   #389
Amigajay

Still no luck for me, moved my HD DIR to INT SD, doesnt boot, as i said real shame as igame is so slow and arkward on nvidia shield (4.4.2), kgload is so much better and faster.

Edit:

Yes!! Got it working! After many attempts, i thought what else could it be, so i thought maybe folder options, too many files, filenames too big or characters not being liked, turned out it was the latter! All i did was rename the kgload folder from 'KGLoad_Launcher' to 'KGLoadLauncher' and it works again!

Im not saying this will work for everyone, just maybe Android doesnt like any special characters in newer versions, hope this helps someone else!

Last edited by Amigajay; 10 January 2015 at 10:43.
Old 10 January 2015, 16:07   #390
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Amigajay,
It very useful info
Big thanks for solution
Old 11 January 2015, 05:08   #391
lesta_smsc

Sorry to be naïve and not check through all the posts, but where can I find the latest version? Want to test this on my Samsung Galaxy S5!
Old 13 January 2015, 00:15   #392
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

You can download it from first post of this thread or from google-play
Old 19 January 2015, 20:48   #393
lesta_smsc

Quote:
You can download it from first post of this thread or from google-play
Thank you! No idea where to put the files but ended up using the Cloanto Amiga Forever Essentials and it got it working! Working well! Thank you!
Old 25 January 2015, 05:44   #394
Jibbajaba

I can't figure out how to stop the Amiga keyboard from popping up on my JXD s7800b. Pressing the physical B and D buttons at the same time makes the virtual keyboard pop up. The problem is that these are the two buttons that I want to use for jump and shoot (playing Turrican.) Pressing the corresponding "virtual" buttons on the screen causes the same thing to happen. These buttons correspond to joystick buttons B and Y.

Thanks!

EDIT: Those two keys are physically mapped to "Page Up", and "End", if that helps. If I physically re-map those keys, then they become unavailable in the emulator as joystick buttons.

EDIT 2: Just to clarify, pressing those two buttons, either the physical buttons or the virtual ones, acts just like pressing F15.

Last edited by Jibbajaba; 25 January 2015 at 06:08.

Old 25 January 2015, 18:41   #395
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

uae4all2-sdl-2.3.6.2-neon.apk

- Bugfix: Graphic glitches in very rare situations after loading a saved state (Thanks to TomB)
- Bugfix: Crash while loading/saving states (Thanks to TomB)
- textUI vkeybd via pressing "B"+"Y" been removed from default control, and now works only with quick switch scheme 1
Old 25 January 2015, 19:05   #396
Jibbajaba

Thanks, lubomyr! Certainly sounds like it will fix my issue.

EDIT: Confirmed. Problem solved. Thanks again!!!

Last edited by Jibbajaba; 25 January 2015 at 19:37.

Old 26 January 2015, 00:50   #397
olesio

Savestates also works better. No crashes now under FrankoPl WHDLoad on TinyLauncher. Thank you.
Old 29 January 2015, 01:58   #398
lesta_smsc

Just an update. I'm trying to run Rainbow Islands and if doesn't seem to progress following displaying Rainbow Project. Using A500 setup. Any ideas why? I'm using Cloanto Essentials for the rom.
Also, for some reason Golden Axe runs VERY slow ... currently using the version off Play Store.
Any input much appreciated!
Old 29 January 2015, 11:56   #399
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

lesta_smsc,
I confirm problem with Rainbow Islands.
but you can play it on android via e-uae.
Golden axe (whdload version) works correct with uae4all2.
Old 29 January 2015, 12:15   #400
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Just an update. I'm trying to run Rainbow Islands and if doesn't seem to progress following displaying Rainbow Project. Using A500 setup. Any ideas why? I'm using Cloanto Essentials for the rom.
Also, for some reason Golden Axe runs VERY slow ... currently using the version off Play Store.
Any input much appreciated!
What you got it set to?