English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 07 June 2021, 23:02   #1
deathbypixel

Protracker stalling / unresponsive on CD32

Hi folks,

I have a problem with ProTracker, both 3.15 and 3.61 running on my CD32 from harddrive. The program boots and is responsive but as soon as I press "disk op" to load a module the cursor turns green and I cannot interact with anything.

The list of disks does not show up. I believe this is some kind of hardware config problem but I don't know how to solve it. Running the CF card install as is in FS-UAE works fine.

I suspect this could be a problem with Protracker expecting a DF0 drive but I am unsure. Is it possible to map e.g. a folder to DF0, to see if that could fool the system? Any other ideas greatly appreciated
Old 08 June 2021, 04:37   #2
redblade
Zone Friend

I have managed to read files from dh0: on WinUAE and on my real Amiga, but I think it defaults to df0: first??

That could be a job for the whdload guys, 8bit busby was fixing a Pro Tracker version, if you post in that thread he could fix his release so that it runs on a CD32. I think it could be 2.3 he was working on though.
Old 08 June 2021, 11:45   #3
Shaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypixel View Post
Hi folks,

I have a problem with ProTracker, both 3.15 and 3.61 running on my CD32 from harddrive. The program boots and is responsive but as soon as I press "disk op" to load a module the cursor turns green and I cannot interact with anything.

The list of disks does not show up. I believe this is some kind of hardware config problem but I don't know how to solve it. Running the CF card install as is in FS-UAE works fine.

I suspect this could be a problem with Protracker expecting a DF0 drive but I am unsure. Is it possible to map e.g. a folder to DF0, to see if that could fool the system? Any other ideas greatly appreciated
Try this, put the content of the zip attached in S, this should point to DH0 instead of DF0 when entering disk op.

If it works you can change your path to your modules directory and then save the config in the setup menu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PT.zip (571 Bytes, 59 views)
Old 08 June 2021, 21:54   #4
deathbypixel

Thank you! Will try tomorrow.