English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 15 November 2015, 21:53   #601
olesio

@Lubomyr on latest right now, version from Google Play I tried remap fourth button as LCtrl to get menu when clicked. But I cannot do it. I select LCtr in device settings, but it still appear as pageup and no reaction in view of current Amiga screen. I have Lenovo Yoga 2 eight inches tablet.

Please explain me what I doing wrong? In early version but did not seen by Google Play which was instaled from old apk, all was ok?. If I remember that good. And is there some method to move screen horizontaly? I have ugly gray right side area in Franko game. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.
Old 15 November 2015, 22:10   #602
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

@olesio,
In one of latest update key for get menu was changed.
Please use F12 for it.
Old 16 November 2015, 02:13   #603
olesio

Thanks. Now it works. But I seen some bugs when using onscreen keyboard. When typing confog name in manager to save it. Sometomes many \ or / chars are shown. Also maybe you can add some options to move screen in horizontal like for vertical position.

And on my device, but maybe not only, a gray background with "Conf. manager" button and other hides down arrow for comboboxes for cuts and vertical position on display tab. And it is very hard to scroll this list. Maybe you can change these comboboxes to small minus/plus buttons to decrease or increase values. Also do gray background below some pixels pess from top edge.
Old 16 November 2015, 08:56   #604
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
But I seen some bugs when using onscreen keyboard. When typing confog name in manager to save it. Sometomes many \ or / chars are shown.
How to reproduce this bug ?
Old 16 November 2015, 09:00   #605
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
Also maybe you can add some options to move screen in horizontal like for vertical position.
I will check what i can to do.
Old 16 November 2015, 19:17   #606
olesio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
How to reproduce this bug ?
I have it once time when shows keyboard by button in top left corner when Workbench show me CLI prompt. Also I have some many chars when clicking on filename field when I wanted to store conf. But right no all is fine. So maybe only sometimes something goes wrong with keboard handling.

Also please think about for some other method to handle cut values, because like I wrote, bottom arrow of scroll bar from combobox "touch" top edge of bottom gray area with buttons and it is hidden by it. And thanks for adding some horizontal screen move option in future.

Ah and new bug found. In Pinball Illusions AGA WHDLoad version when I show virtual keyboard on menu to press space for select tables or table. Sound and graphics are getting laggy and sound is only some "crackies" noises (I do not know how to call it in English). I have very fast four cores CPU in my Tablet, so even some full screen emulators in my opinion should work stable and fast on it.

Edit: lagging when keyboard shown is also in Tiny Launcher, so it is global problem. And changing sound rate to 22k and SOund to accurate did not help. It is possible to fix it somehow?

This movie show mentioned issue: http://olesio.eu/uae4all.mp4

Last edited by olesio; 16 November 2015 at 23:34.
Old 04 December 2015, 10:28   #607
ripley

Quick question. Is there any reason this and other Android emulators don't support IPF? I know it requires an additional library, but could compatibility not be included? It's always a pain finding ADF files that require additional key inputs to bypass the intros.
Old 04 December 2015, 17:04   #608
olesio

@ripley: if you want original popular games in version without cracktros use these made under WHDLoad slaves at http://whdownload.com and prepare some HDF with compilation using Tiny Launcher or other Launcher or prepare hdf with games which you have problems using them from adfs. Ofcourse HDD version load much faster, in this times when we have emulators with high memory support, playing from low loading adf versions is imo masochism.
Old 09 December 2015, 09:57   #609
Baboon
Moon Monkey

I've just copied my Ouya install of Uae4all2 to my phone. All seem good but I just tried running games and I'm now getting this error?

DOS-Error #223 (file is write protected)?

Any ideas how to fix this?

...Infact when I try to transfer any system files etc from DH0 to the Workbench folder it's also saying that the files are 'write protected'?

edit: Well after much trial an error I've since discovered the problem being that Google recently removed the write access to the external SD card by apps in Kitkat for security reasons!

Last edited by Baboon; 09 December 2015 at 13:29.
Old 09 December 2015, 17:38   #610
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
I've just copied my Ouya install of Uae4all2 to my phone. All seem good but I just tried running games and I'm now getting this error?

DOS-Error #223 (file is write protected)?

Any ideas how to fix this?

...Infact when I try to transfer any system files etc from DH0 to the Workbench folder it's also saying that the files are 'write protected'?

edit: Well after much trial an error I've since discovered the problem being that Google recently removed the write access to the external SD card by apps in Kitkat for security reasons!
Single bigest mistake ever made by google. My phone was bin material because of this stupid security rule. First thing I did was root, second thing I did was re-enable write access to SD, third thing was to install linktosd and make my phone use 64GB as internal storage, .
Old 10 December 2015, 09:09   #611
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Single bigest mistake ever made by google. My phone was bin material because of this stupid security rule. First thing I did was root, second thing I did was re-enable write access to SD, third thing was to install linktosd and make my phone use 64GB as internal storage, .
Yeah it is quite annoying (it must have been quite some security issue for them to do this?). Thankfully this doesn't affect the Ouya with external storage as that uses a custom android build and my Sony phone luckily has quite good internal storage anyway (plus I haven't rooted it yet).
Old 10 December 2015, 09:52   #612
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Yeah it is quite annoying (it must have been quite some security issue for them to do this?). Thankfully this doesn't affect the Ouya with external storage as that uses a custom android build and my Sony phone luckily has quite good internal storage anyway (plus I haven't rooted it yet).
Apparently the sercurity was always there but everyone ignored it, until google forced it on everyone.
Old 26 December 2015, 11:30   #613
ransom1122

Hi
Back on this emulator after a long break of no use. Question..
Can you save multiple configs?
When I choose save config for current game, it saves and I can load it. But if I create another save for another game it saves over it.
Config manager won't show multiple saves?
I'm using a lenovo tablet

UPDATE.
Figured out I can rename multiple saves. But it does not save the adf in df0: when I load a config?

Last edited by ransom1122; 26 December 2015 at 11:43.
Old 26 December 2015, 13:09   #614
Ariath

I fear that config manager only works with hard disk configurations.

One thing i miss in UAE4All2 that UAE4ARM has is... the GUI layout, more similar to WinUAE.

I wonder if both emulators could use the same GUI layout. Both make use of the guichan lib for the GUI, true?

See ya!
Old 26 December 2015, 14:25   #615
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

I confirm, config manager designed only for hard-drive configurations (not for floppies)
Old 26 December 2015, 18:12   #616
olesio

Maybe author solve it in future. But anyway, playing from adfs is masochism from turtle slow loading speed reason. In this times when we have lots of WHDLoad games and new 18.2 version do not requerie key file, preparing hdf/HD dir with TinyLauncher or X-Bench and favorite games to use it on mobile device with that emulator will be better sollution.
Old 26 December 2015, 21:12   #617
Ariath

Mmm... i would speak of nostalgia rather than masochism.

I play some games as the EOB saga from HD (not WHDLoad), but i like to play some others (generally 1 or 2 floppy games) from the floppy itself, because i remember the times when i played them in mi own Amiga 500 .

See ya!

P.D: Also, i like to play ZX Spectrum games without instant loading, although in this case, i turn on flash-loading to reduce a bit the 5 minutes loading time of some games XD.
Old 26 December 2015, 23:43   #618
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
I confirm, config manager designed only for hard-drive configurations (not for floppies)
Will config manager ever work with floppies?

Can the backup manager incorporate a front cover image displayed from the net for each backup save config. So we can scroll through our games with covers? Like fs-uae?

Can anyone test buggy boy and see if the first button is able to change gears from low to high? It seems to freeze the game when I try. And if I depress the fire button game resumes without changing gears?

Last edited by ransom1122; 27 December 2015 at 03:23.
Old 27 December 2015, 10:56   #619
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariath View Post
Mmm... i would speak of nostalgia rather than masochism.

I play some games as the EOB saga from HD (not WHDLoad), but i like to play some others (generally 1 or 2 floppy games) from the floppy itself, because i remember the times when i played them in mi own Amiga 500 .

See ya!

P.D: Also, i like to play ZX Spectrum games without instant loading, although in this case, i turn on flash-loading to reduce a bit the 5 minutes loading time of some games XD.
I can understand the nostalgia with loading games on actual hardware running phisicial floppies (or tapes on the zx spectrum) but with emulation now wishing to replicate loading times and numerous disk swapping does seem crazy to me? Each to their own though!
Old 27 December 2015, 12:21   #620
Ariath

Quote:
I can understand the nostalgia with loading games on actual hardware running phisicial floppies (or tapes on the zx spectrum) but with emulation now wishing to replicate loading times and numerous disk swapping does seem crazy to me? Each to their own though!
Well, if we speak of games needing swapping disks every 5 minutes or so... i can't stand this either XD.

BTW, i didn't even know there was game launchers in the Amiga world like MAME or so, i will investigate this :3.

See ya, and merry chritsmas!