English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 29 October 2008, 19:34   #1
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Filename woes

I am using nero Express 7.10.1.2. I am trying to create a data disk with various files which can be read on a real or emulated Amiga. What options do I need to activate so that I can have filenames that contain the fullstop character?

When the cd is read on the Amiga side, filenames that contain a fullstop get replaced with an underscore. The same thing happens if I use the fullstop character in the volume name.

If nero is unable to offer this option, which burn software can handle this?
Old 29 October 2008, 19:52   #2
OddbOd

For best compatibility you need to create your ISO image on an Amiga using MakeCD, MasterISO or Frying Pan, doing this under emulation works fine and the actual writing can be done with PC software.

You can use Nero, with a few restrictions, but more info is required to give definite answers, the most important thing is what CD file system are you using on the Amiga?
Old 29 October 2008, 20:36   #3
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
When the cd is read on the Amiga side, filenames that contain a fullstop get replaced with an underscore. The same thing happens if I use the fullstop character in the volume name.
Maybe you need to set the keyboard language on the PC to the same keyboard language on the Amiga or Emu. Check to see if they are both set on the same language
Old 30 October 2008, 01:23   #4
exoticaga

Use ImgBurn use Build mode, with ISO9660 on options there are some further ones that make for compatibilty (chr$ length so on). Set ISO9660 or RockRidge in burn software used. Trial and error using a virtual drive is good for testing.