English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 03 September 2013, 11:41   #1
sonam

Lauching a game available as a directory not as an .adf

Hi all and many thanks for this great amiga emulator.
I have an ECS-Amiga based sim called TD3 comprised of a folder containing various subfolders and files including a TD3_start file as well as an TD3.info file in the root folder. It;s neither an .adf file nor a zip file and it's overall size is about 8 Mbytes.

I attempted to start it by adding the whole dir of the sim as the first HD (of the 4 available in the launcher) and then clicked start but it wouldn't start. I know the game is functional in this form (as a folder with subfolders) because a few years ago I had somehow managed to launch it.

Could you please give me the exact steps that I need to carry out in order to launch it off the fs-uae (or fs-uae launcher)?
Perhaps - aside of mounting the dir as the first HD- by typing something in the WHDLoading arguments field?
Sorry, I'm anything but an amiga guru, still I like amiga era and games very much.
Thanks in advance,
sonam

Old 03 September 2013, 11:53   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi sonam and welcome to EAB

If you have an ADF of Workbench (I'd say 2.x or 3.x is needed from your description), then mount it in DF0 and add your folder as the first harddrive like you did. It will boot up workbench and you will be able to access your folder from there.
Old 04 September 2013, 07:20   #3
sonam

Thanks TCD for your help.
Since I don't have a Workbench adf file and seems difficult to get one, wouldn't be the same thing if I mounted as the first HD a workbench 3.0 folder comprised of subfolders containing *.DMS files?
Or is it that booting can only take place through an emulated floppy disk not via an emulated HD even if the latter contains workbench files?

Old 04 September 2013, 07:31   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Of course mounting an installed WB works too
Old 05 September 2013, 07:12   #5
sonam

Solved - it works great!!

Yeah! It works. And after some experimenting with the settings (particularly by setting amiga model to 'least accurate'), fs-uae runs my sim (and other games I tried out) ultra smoothly. Also I found the joystick configuration tool very convenient.
Thanks again for your help and congratulations on this great emulator

Old 05 September 2013, 07:12   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Glad to hear it worked