Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
Thanks.
If you get stuck, have questions or need assistance then just ask me
Old 06 March 2021, 20:47   #4182
hitm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
The games in my collection that I haven't shared with the public, as they are APC&TCP titles & purchases, are the following:

You can grab the "configuration files / gamedirs / sshots" only for the above, for use with any of the above that you've purchased, from here.
This link doesn't work. Your DamienD folder is not on google drive and nothing comes up in a search of the eab grandis ftp. Theres a couple of games in there i think i might buy, so could do with the configs please. Thanks.
Old 06 March 2021, 21:40   #4183
twitek

I tested some games, they are all fine:

Doom2
Alone in the dark enhanced
Blackthorne
HoMM
Jet Pilot
Star Wars Rebel Assault

Warcraft 1: starts with the "PrepareEmul not installed" error several times. Map scrolling at the edge is much too fast. Playing at cycle-exact +0% is very playable if a bit slow, +100% is very fine.

Warcraft 2: Map scrolling is too fast. Playing at ce+200% is fine.

The first Wing Commander on PC was programmed without any timers and just using all the CPU power. It was "soon" unplayable when faster machines came out. I'm surprised and not surprised they did the same mistake with the enhanced version.
Old 07 March 2021, 16:00   #4184
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I can now probably include Black Dawn Rebirth in my collection since it's no longer "purchase only"... but I'd still recommend people support the developer and at least give the minimal £2.00:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeslip1974 View Post
Hi Everybody,
BD Rebirth Deluxe edition was just the original version with the map editor and the originals source code. There is also the standard version also on Itch.IO which is free of charge. After Double Sided games 12 month deal on the game expired I wanted to get it up on Itch.io at either half the price DB games were charging or free of charge to get it out to as many people as possible so that when the expansion Black Dawn Rogue comes out next month it would be available to everyone ( since it requires the original disks).

Black Dawn Rogue will be comming out on both a Physical release and digital downloads. Bitmap Software are handling the phsyical release but as I wanted it as cheap as possible (the 50 pound charge of the original was ridiculous) I think were are going with a3 cases as opposed to a big box, This way hopefully we can get it out for under 20 pounds. Cover arts already done (by Trevor Story) and its amazing (its going on my wall!)

As for the game ? Its my favorite BD game ive done. The engines far more polished, its slicker and faster and i really love the procedurally generated levels. Being able to play it without having designed the levels is awesome!
Here is Black Down Rebirth

Just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".

Quote:
This link doesn't work. Your DamienD folder is not on google drive and nothing comes up in a search of the eab grandis ftp. Theres a couple of games in there i think i might buy, so could do with the configs please. Thanks.
"DamienD's WinUAE Collection - APC&TCP & Purchases_Configs & SShots.rar" has now been put back on the "Amiga File Server" under my "~Uploads" directory: here.

Last edited by DamienD; 07 March 2021 at 16:10.
Old 07 March 2021, 16:31   #4185
hitm4n

Grabbed both. Thank you.
Old 07 March 2021, 21:40   #4186
DamienD
Banned

As Nova has updated his Amiga ZDoom port; I've just updated both "Doom [RTG] [ZDoom]" & "Doom II - Hell on Earth [RTG] [ZDoom]" from ZDoom 1.22.8 --> 1.22.10

So please just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".
Old 09 March 2021, 00:44   #4187
hitm4n

Quote:
If you get stuck, have questions or need assistance then just ask me.
Will do, thanks.

The Caffeine disk you mentioned wasn't much use for my needs so i built my own base disk. An OFS disk, with c, libs and s and a bootblock which i can build on. It has a startup-sequence on it and a few libs (disktrans, mathtrans and some others) and has been working nicely. Pop on the game files, update the startup-sequence, test and in some cases add a missing lib or two.

This method has netted 4 new disks so far, each with a single game on. There has been lots of trial and error, learning and sighing along the way but i think i'm getting the hang of it now.

Code:
Quest For Galaxia - working (this one was easy)
Axel Tetris - working (needed a lib, had to use snoopdos to figure it out)
Pump Up The Volume - working (now a standalone game taken from a 4 game compilation disk, not too bad to do)
GermZ v21.2.12 - (this was a little tricky as disk is very full, but i got it on there)
I emailed the author of "Air Mail" who sent me the game back by email. This is how he likes to distribute it. So i have that game too and will include it.

The list i started working with was close to 60 games to begin with, mostly PD. I went through Lemons entire PD list over the period of a couple of days, checking screenshots and looking for the game files and comparing to your set. I then started testing and playing them all, figuring out the configs to get them working nicely and have been doing this for the last 2 days or so. I still haven't quite finished playing through yet, i'm taking a break from playing to write this actually. Getting the games to boot correctly and then playing them takes a lot of time in itself. Especially if you get lost in each game for 2 hours

Some games have been dropped along the way. For example, Global Thermonuclear War is 2 players only so i took it off my list. Some games were just rubbish so i just deleted those from my list too. In the search for some games, other titles have presented themselves too so the list has been quite fluid. I found a couple were APC&TCP too, so i have dropped those.

I created another thread about the Infocom collection. Shuffled the games around, added 2 disks and ended up with a 30 game collection over the original 20 game collection. Many people i think would like this set of adventure games so i intend to add it but i'm trying to figure out the best way. As the collections first disk is a boot disk and the rest are just WB disks i'm thinking a bootable HDF file would be best here with all the games in one folder. It would be great if it supported savegames too to the HDF, so i'll have to figure that out. The collection rejig was for my own amusement and to prep the set for the HDF creation and has been uploaded to Zone.

I intend to provide a list of requests for you to go through before i start making configs and screenshots of my own (which no doubt won't meet your standards). Once i post the list, if you could let me know which you will or won't include so i can focus on the rest for my unofficial pack. I can supply any disks from the list as i have sourced all the games for testing.

I suppose the ones i've built myself might be useful for some people to use standalone too. For those that don't use the DamienD collection, i think these are worth having (see the 4 titles listed above). Shout me if you fancy any of them.

My request list currently totals 41 games, 12 of which i still need to play / decide upon.
Once done i will post the final list for your attention.
Old 09 March 2021, 01:20   #4188
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
The Caffeine disk you mentioned wasn't much use for my needs so i built my own base disk.
"The Caffeiine" disk was only mentioned for the icon; not to be used as a template

Quote:
I emailed the author of "Air Mail" who sent me the game back by email. This is how he likes to distribute it. So i have that game too and will include it.
Out of principle you won't find any of jojo073's games in my collection. Just like you won't find any of Amiten's games either; mind you these are all pretty poor IMHO.

Re: jojo073; read the threads related to the "EAB Game Competition" under this section to know why: Coders. Contest

I mean, his graphics are great but the games are all very similar, plus they run very badly as they've been created using Backbone

Quote:
Getting the games to boot correctly and then playing them takes a lot of time in itself. Especially if you get lost in each game for 2 hours
Finally someone understands as they've had to do it themselves

Imagine how long some of these "hard drive" games take to get running perfectly
Old 09 March 2021, 09:33   #4189
hitm4n

I read some stuff, didn't really understand what it was all about, some beef with another forum, or someone specific, related to a competition? Anyway, i don't need to know, don't care.

I will not include Air Mail. It was an extremely close call as to whether i kept it in anyway after playing it. It was very slow, and i did get the impression it was a backbone based game, and of all the other backbone based games (few by same author) the criticsm is slowness and bad collision/bugs etc. Air Mail stood out from the others but still isn't great so its no loss to te collection.

So it's gone.

When i post my list, can you please let me know if you have any objections to other games. I'm not an expert on EAB forum history or the problems some authors may have over including their games in this collection, or your own objections DD. I do know about the APC&TCP rule but i don't know which games Amiten made.

I'll post a list later hopefully, still playing through the last bunch.
Old 09 March 2021, 10:49   #4190
Valken

Quote:
As Nova has updated his Amiga ZDoom port; I've just updated both "Doom [RTG] [ZDoom]" & "Doom II - Hell on Earth [RTG] [ZDoom]" from ZDoom 1.22.8 --> 1.22.10

So please just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".
Thanks to Toni, NovaCoder and DamienD for this! It plays just like on the PC in WinUAE but with that retrovibe of the Amiga! Amazing! Solid performance!
Old 09 March 2021, 13:10   #4191
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I read some stuff, didn't really understand what it was all about, some beef with another forum, or someone specific, related to a competition? Anyway, i don't need to know, don't care.
To cut a long story short; jojo073 entered the "EAB Games Competition" with an entry All Valley Karate Championship.

The competition finished, the judges made their decision and his entry came 4th.

jojo073 then proceeded to have a tantrum; accused the judges and the competition of being rigged, wrote a nasty web page about it / mcgeezer's "Rygar: Legendary Warrior", and finally quit EAB.

I personally took offence to this considering that I ran the competition by myself and donated €700 of my own money.
Old 09 March 2021, 14:30   #4192
DamienD
Banned

Here is the first part of "Update Pack #49"

Details are as follows:

2 game purchases now released as free:
... Black Dawn Rebirth v1.1
... Black Dawn Rebirth v1.2

4 game updates:
... Crazy Columns [demo]
... Dark Seed
... Doom [RTG] [ZDoom]
... Doom II - Hell on Earth [RTG] [ZDoom]

1 configuration update:
... RoboSport

3 new "cheats / hints / level codes / manuals / maps / walkthroughs" addition:
... Dark Seed (CD-ROM) [RTG] [ShapeShifter]
... Dark Seed II [RTG] [ShapeShifter]
... Super Wing Commander [RTG] [ShapeShifter]

10 new game additions:

Code:
Act of War
Back to Saturn X Episode 1 - Get Out of My Stations [RTG]   [ZDoom]
Cyber Blast 2
Dark Seed (CD-ROM) [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
Dark Seed II [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
Geo's Quest
Geo's Quest 2 - In Search of Queen Lorrain
Geo's Quest 3 - Gateway to Nowhere
Rise of the Triad [AGA]   [MS-DOS conversion]
Super Wing Commander [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 3270

It's currently uploading and PMs will be sent shortly
Old 09 March 2021, 14:32   #4193
jabybau

awesome Damien!!!
tks
Old 09 March 2021, 14:45   #4194
DamienD
Banned

Grrrrr

I'm unable to add new text into the 2nd post; guess this is due to too much text...

Can a GMod please copy / paste the 2nd post into this thread?

Afterwards I'll edit both the existing 2nd post and the new / copied 3rd post.

Last edited by DamienD; 09 March 2021 at 14:55.
Old 09 March 2021, 15:00   #4195
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

^ not sure I agree
I am polishing it after a rewrite and this will mess all the references in my reInstall script
(joking of course )

Thanks for this new pack Damien
Old 09 March 2021, 15:29   #4196
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Now do I delete Darkseed as I didn't change it to dark seed?
Old 09 March 2021, 16:30   #4197
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Here is the first part of "Update Pack #49"

Details are as follows:

2 game purchases now released as free:
... Black Dawn Rebirth v1.1
... Black Dawn Rebirth v1.2

4 game updates:
... Crazy Columns [demo]
... Dark Seed
... Doom [RTG] [ZDoom]
... Doom II - Hell on Earth [RTG] [ZDoom]

1 configuration update:
... RoboSport

3 new "cheats / hints / level codes / manuals / maps / walkthroughs" addition:
... Dark Seed (CD-ROM) [RTG] [ShapeShifter]
... Dark Seed II [RTG] [ShapeShifter]
... Super Wing Commander [RTG] [ShapeShifter]

10 new game additions:

Code:
Act of War
Back to Saturn X Episode 1 - Get Out of My Stations [RTG]   [ZDoom]
Cyber Blast 2
Dark Seed (CD-ROM) [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
Dark Seed II [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
Geo's Quest
Geo's Quest 2 - In Search of Queen Lorrain
Geo's Quest 3 - Gateway to Nowhere
Rise of the Triad [AGA]   [MS-DOS conversion]
Super Wing Commander [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 3270

It's currently uploading and PMs will be sent shortly
Bah, just finished rechecking things a final time as I usually do...

Made some silly mistakes with the RAM for the "Geo's Quest" series

So, just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".
Old 09 March 2021, 16:35   #4198
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Now do I delete Darkseed as I didn't change it to dark seed?
Ooops, yes you should definitely delete the configuration file "Darkseed.uae" and the <gamedir> "Darkseed".

The other games in the series are now called "Dark Seed", so you want to follow this protocol and have it be in name order

Last edited by DamienD; 09 March 2021 at 19:25. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
Old 09 March 2021, 16:36   #4199
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Ooops, yes you should definitely delete the configuration file "Darkseed.uae" and the <gamedir> "Darkseed".

The other games in the series are now called "Dark Seed" so you want this to follow protocol and be in name order
What I figured but wanted to get clarification on it before I went deleting stuff
Old 09 March 2021, 16:49   #4200
Valken

Seems Doom or Amiga made each other great again in the latest round of updates! Hats off to Toni, NovaCoder and Damien for all the hard work!