Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 05 July 2007, 23:33   #81
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benscoobert
Another world and flashback

VERY unforgiving
Since I think I'm the best Another World + Flashback player out there... They're are both easy when you know how

Last edited by DamienD; 05 July 2007 at 23:47.
Old 05 July 2007, 23:52   #82
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd
Ok, you seem to know the game well some phase after mission 9 are very easy: the one where you get into the rocket-launching chopper is the easiest
More generally every mission you can ride a tank or a chopper it's easier.

Sometimes luck is widely involved: you start the level right in front of a missile turret which fires at you immediately. Sometimes 50% of the men are killed, sometimes not.
And you always have to be very careful when making several teams because CPU wastes missiles and grenades, when it does not kill your soldiers by firing a rocket against the wall or destroy your jeep or missile turret.
BTW, CF devs have said you must have some guys killed.... impossible to make a flawless 0 killed. About the turret with 50 % of the people killed, you just have to wipe your ass out of the way and hide

yay

Ps i'm finishing CF1 with 295 recruits loool

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 06 July 2007 at 00:09.
Old 06 July 2007, 02:30   #83
Floz

Weird Dreams is probably the most frustrating game for me on the Amiga, although also there was this one level on Bart Simpson vs the Space Mutants where I couldn't jump over this gap, no matter how many times I tried... Grrrr it made me wanna scream!!

Old 07 July 2007, 21:35   #84
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
BTW, CF devs have said you must have some guys killed.... impossible to make a flawless 0 killed. About the turret with 50 % of the people killed, you just have to wipe your ass out of the way and hide

yay

The multiple phase thing where you cannot save in-between and the easy first moves of some phases, just before reaching a very hard part, dying, and doing the easy stuff over and over again are the main things that annoy me. It would have been better to be able to save after each phase.

But it's true that higher mission does not mean harder mission. Mission 18 is not so hard for example.
It's true that savestates kill the game somehow, but I'm 35, and I have other things to do, so f**k it!
Old 08 July 2007, 19:55   #85
NfernalNfluence

"rolling thunder" has an unreachable platform.

same with "cliffhanger"

i believe rolling thunder has a programming error although i'm not sure about cliffhanger. i was able to make the very same difficult jump once or twice with the NES version. i just wish i remembered what the hell i did to duplicate it.
Old 09 July 2007, 20:39   #86
ugopaliotto

Immortal! You die quickly if you don't follow the right timing.
Civilization! Yes! This mythic game (that I' ve gloriously finished at king level) has a fastidious bug that doesn't make view your palace correctly after few turns, so you have to imagine how you are building it. After a few time it becomes bizarre...
Old 12 July 2007, 21:16   #87
zenox98
Joy Division

Exile. I just recently fired this up again and realized just how much I hated it the first time 'oh so many years ago'. God I hate this game. The method of movement drives me up the wall
Old 13 July 2007, 16:34   #88
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Yolanda, no question, easily the hardest game ever. I was going to do it for WHDLoad, but when I actually played it, I didn't bother to waste the time on it.
Old 14 July 2007, 14:24   #89
blade002
Zone Friend

The most frustrating game is EVERY ( a couple are ok ) game that makes you slide when you run and stop or jump onto a platform and slide!. AARrrggggghhh..
Old 14 July 2007, 14:34   #90
Graham Humphrey

Hudson Hawk is the worst for that without a doubt, it pretty much ruins an otherwise decent game.
Old 16 July 2007, 06:07   #91
NfernalNfluence

Leisure Suit Larry

VERY unforgiving

Last edited by NfernalNfluence; 16 July 2007 at 06:12.
Old 16 July 2007, 15:52   #92
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Larry :s It has a save game function, how forgiving can you get?
Old 19 July 2007, 10:21   #93
Treguard

1. Blob
2. Dodgy version of Fire & Ice (for whatever reason I couldn't see anything properly and all of the backgrounds/sprites etc seemed to be replaced with odd hazy colours (imagine looking at the white noise on an untuned terrestrial channel

Old 19 July 2007, 15:32   #94
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post

yay

I'm at level 20 (if I remember correctly) with 0 lost soldiers.

I have both save state and save disk, but couldn't get game to load after that mission. (the one where you have to press 3 pads to get chopper)

Didn't play it in 2 months, should problably get back to the game and finish it if possible with newer WinUAE.
Old 19 July 2007, 15:39   #95
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treguard View Post
1. Blob
2. Dodgy version of Fire & Ice (for whatever reason I couldn't see anything properly and all of the backgrounds/sprites etc seemed to be replaced with odd hazy colours (imagine looking at the white noise on an untuned terrestrial channel
Bit harsh calling Fire And Ice frustrating just because you had a dodgy copy... it's a perfectly good game.
Old 20 July 2007, 15:07   #96
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Bit harsh calling Fire And Ice frustrating just because you had a dodgy copy... it's a perfectly good game.
He didn't say Fire & Ice was frustrating!

He said his DODGY copy of Fire & Ice was frustrating
Old 20 July 2007, 18:03   #97
Graham Humphrey

Ahem... yes... well...
Old 21 August 2007, 14:04   #98
skell

Send a message via MSN to skell
It just reminded me on when I was finishing Metal Gear Solid II on Europan Extreme. Every Boss was equal to few days spent on polishing techniques and asking god, mother nature, Uncle Sam, The army, the Whoever was around for some blessing and help.

And I'd say Adventures of Mini Dash - a room-based adventure boulder dash, where you can't save and game is insanely hard.
Also Hoi. I, er, um, uh... It was friggin' hard too.
Alien Breed Tower Assauly was also... When these stupid corridors came, I always decided to press three magic button - Left Amiga, Right Amiga and Control. I was sooo afraid of these exploding corridors, and when I finally decided to play them I had to hold my scream in my lungs, and after fiinshing or losing I breathed hard and jumped everywhere throwing my arms around me .

And mighty Lazarus. Having to memorize the whole game to not die, or jumping from the last pixel and pray to not fall once again into this stupid water....

But I loved them all ^_^.

Last edited by skell; 21 August 2007 at 16:12.
Old 21 August 2007, 18:24   #99
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

From what I can remember :

Bart Vs The Space Mutants - Pixel perfect jumps or was it just buggy I don't know.
Shadow Of The Beast - Just so.. ah forget it
Psycho Killer (CDTV game) - kind of interactive movie, no matter what path you chose you stil ended up dead, but the dialogue was good "Eat my Reeboks freak face!"
Old 01 September 2007, 13:19   #100
danwood

I actually found very few amiga games annoying, the spectrum however is a different matter. When i was a kid i ordered a spectrum from a catalogue and the games on that were incredibly frustrating and i wasnt the only one that thought that it my house, many of the games had annoying bugs in them. I can still remember me and my brother swinging our fists in fury at it and it would bounce inches off the desk as a result, we went through 5/6 spectrums they would last 6 months before being sent back and replaced with a new one. On the amiga 500 which i bought just before leaving school i remember kick off 2 and would play with friends after school, i remember being really annoyed at that when my opponent danced around my defence and tapped the fire button really gently sending the ball trickling under my keeper. I remember screaming and wailing 'crap control system' and seeing the smug look on his face made me furious i never hit my amiga 500 though.