English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 May 2006, 03:18   #1
unclet

What is the difference .....

My goal is to use the keyboard to play most games, but I would also like to use the mouse to play specific "mouse" required games ...... and I have the following questions:

1) In the "Game and I/O Ports" section, in the "Mouse and Joystick ports" section, I was wondering what the difference was between the "Port 0" and "Port 1" settings? What do the separate "ports" mean?

2) In the "port" settings, I can choose "Mouse" and "Windows Mouse", but what is the difference between these two settings?

3) I am creating a separate UAE file for each game I have and then I will be using an emulator front-end to select one of these games to play. The UAE files are created based on three base UAE file I created. Basically, I will create one UAE file for the Amiga500 games, one for the Amiga 1200 games and the third UAE file will be for the Amiga CD32 games. I will then generate a separate UAE file for each of the games I have using one of these three base UAE files as a template.

Anyway, when a game is selected in the frontend, the game's specific UAE file will be started via the command line parameters to start WinUAE. I would like to each of the UAE files I create to have a default setting which activates the keyboard and activates the mouse at the same time so if the game happens to be a "mouse" type game, then I can use my mouse, but if the game is a keyboard type game, then I could use the keyboard. Is there a way to tell WinUAE that the mouse and keyboard should be active at one time?

Did this make sense?

Last edited by unclet; 17 May 2006 at 03:25.

Old 17 May 2006, 07:47   #2
thomas

Quote:
I was wondering what the difference was between the "Port 0" and "Port 1" settings? What do the separate "ports" mean?
The Amiga has two equally equipped game ports. Usually you connect the mouse to the first one and a joystick to the second one, but both can handle mice, joysticks and paddles (or analogue joysicks). So WinUAE just images the real hardware.

Last edited by thomas; 19 May 2006 at 11:30.