English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 11 December 2015, 13:19   #41
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strim View Post
If you will make a simple adaptor (just to change the wire positions), then yes. Protocol is exactly the same as in A4000, A3000 etc. Just the wire positions in a plug are different.

Besides, I think spidi mentioned on ppa.pl that he will make an exclusive black verison specially for CDTV.
Thanks
Old 01 February 2021, 14:00   #42
spudje

Sorry to revive this old thread. Do these SUM devices support Logitech unifying wireless keyboards?
Old 01 February 2021, 14:15   #43
spidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Sorry to revive this old thread. Do these SUM devices support Logitech unifying wireless keyboards?

Working wireless keyboard K230
https://www.logitech.com/pl-pl/produ...-keyboard-k230
Old 01 February 2021, 15:06   #44
spudje

Yes, that's a unifying keyboard, so most likely works with all of them. Thanks!
Old 05 May 2021, 05:25   #45
colourspace

sorry to bump an old thread, but i didn't get a reply back from your website's help form so i thought i'd ask my question here:

i'm using a Keyrah V2 along with an A1200 keyboard connecting to a Sum1200 USB -> Amiga adapter and I've noticed a number of quirks that I'm trying to diagnose. initially, i thought the issues were due to the aging flexi-pcb of the keyboard, but after replacing it the issues still persist. i posted in the icomp.de support forum and it appears that the issues are on the Sum1200 side of things:
  • LAMIGA+LSHIFT+any key in the "ASDF" row will not register. LAMIGA+LSHIFT+key in the other rows DO register. RAMIGA+RSHIFT+any and RAMIGA+LSHIFT+any work
  • Numpad [ and ] do not do anything
  • HELP key sends "7"

this is very frustrating since i just the LAMIGA+SHIFT combos a lot in my workflow along with the HELP key. since keyrah+sum1200 appears to be the recommended solution for externalizing a 1200 keyboard, it would be great if the sum could get a firmware update to support the keyrah.

alternatively, if you could provide the community with the firmware source, i would go ahead and make the updates myself.

anyone else seeing this issue? any workarounds?
Old 05 May 2021, 12:23   #46
Jope
-

You've tried these key combos with a PC with some kind of keyboard scancode logger? Do they work there?
Old 05 May 2021, 16:20   #47
colourspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
You've tried these key combos with a PC with some kind of keyboard scancode logger? Do they work there?
with my initial tests they do not: https://pastebin.com/x9jnabPg

my interpretation of icomp's reply was that it should technically be possible to decode this: "Keyrah had to make compromises here: The Qualifiers are *within* the keyboard matrix, possibly causing Ghosting as you experience here.". i've reached out to icomp for clarification on that point

though now i'm back to thinking the issue is on the keyrah side of things. i guess i'll try and see if i can take a look at the lower-level signals coming from the keyrah
Old 05 May 2021, 16:44   #48
kriz

What happens if you connect a different keyboard to the sum1200 ?
Old 05 May 2021, 17:07   #49
colourspace

....aaand the reply from icomp: 'These combos are found to be "ghosting" and therefore swallowed. Only a hardware change can improve this. I have already put this on the Todo list for a future version of this product, but there is no way that we can fix it for this version.'

apologies spidi for bringing this to your thread
Old 06 May 2021, 08:51   #50
spidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourspace View Post
....aaand the reply from icomp: 'These combos are found to be "ghosting" and therefore swallowed. Only a hardware change can improve this. I have already put this on the Todo list for a future version of this product, but there is no way that we can fix it for this version.'

apologies spidi for bringing this to your thread

Unfortunately, from what I noticed, my replies sent to email addresses on gmail.com do not reach to sender (it is not always the case). Responses are likely "junk mail" or are completely lost.