English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 21 April 2023, 14:36   #1
rabidgerry

Doom Attack Sound Issue

I've been running Doom Attack for a few years now and only recently began swapping out the sound libraries. I had never used the 060 library before but I've noticed since doing so I randomly will get perfect sound at times

or

I get sound that has what can only be described as intermittent white noise in the background and also the extreme shifts in frequency from very sharp to suddenly very dull. I believe the duller sound is more so a result of having been subjected to the extremely sharp and crispy high end shifts in the sound.

This doesn't happen all the time either, and sometimes it can be fine when I play the game and other times not.

Anyone else had this problem before?

For a while going back to the regular sound library I thought solved it with Doom, at least that was the experience, but so far today going back to the regular sound library playing Doom 2 has not solved the issue.

It is borderline, bearable I must add. But I'd rather fix it than tolerate it.

Any help or advice is appreciated - thanks.