English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 February 2018, 11:57   #1
Foebane
Banned

Any way to restore "Host/Game Ports & Input" settings to default?

I'd like to reset everything in these two sections and remove any additions I've made, but I don't see anything like a "Reset to Defaults" button.

Any advice?
Old 15 February 2018, 12:43   #2
Tomislav

You can remove all "input." lines from configuration file.
Old 15 February 2018, 12:54   #3
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
You can remove all "input." lines from configuration file.
So the simplest way is to delete all of them, so WinUAE will be forced to write default ones back in when the config is saved again?

And are the "input." lines always at the end of the config file?

EDIT: On a side note concerning the parsing of .uae files, what does WinUAE do if it comes across something in a .uae file that doesn't match a variable name or allowed parameters for that variable? Does it remove them, and if possible, restore them with a default? It would be handy if it did, but this is why I'm not keen on editing .uae files in Notepad, as I might break something.

Last edited by Foebane; 15 February 2018 at 13:23.
Old 15 February 2018, 13:38   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
EDIT: On a side note concerning the parsing of .uae files, what does WinUAE do if it comes across something in a .uae file that doesn't match a variable name or allowed parameters for that variable? Does it remove them, and if possible, restore them with a default? It would be handy if it did, but this is why I'm not keen on editing .uae files in Notepad, as I might break something.
Yes, if you use -log you will see this happening
Old 15 February 2018, 20:44   #5
Foebane
Banned

What does "Custom Event" mean in the Input section? One of my settings has been replaced with it, and yet I never changed it deliberately.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems it's exactly what I needed for the setting I had (uae-configuration setting). I just reapplied it.

Last edited by Foebane; 15 February 2018 at 21:30.