English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 01 June 2010, 17:54   #41
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You mean the 'MutationGoldCompilationCD.zip' in the folder 'Amiga CD-ROM' of the file server? I know that Adrian did some different versions, but it's worth a try
Old 01 June 2010, 18:05   #42
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Cheers I tried that and unfortunately the Games give me software failures

CyberPunks and Doodlebug are versions that work with CD32 pad so im realy after this - If anyone grabbed the ISO please upload
Old 01 June 2010, 22:20   #43
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I burnt the files to CD and they seem to work under Quickstart CD32 - But ive had no luck running the games from HD -They dont use anything like RNC CD32 loader do they?

This is from the ReadMe
INSTALLING AND RUNNING THE GAMES FROM HARD DRIVE...

Copy the entire 'CONTENTS' of the INSTALLHD
directory on the CDROM to the ROOT DIRECTORY of DH0:
Then run MenuHD and all the titles should run even
faster from your hard drive. You MUST however only
copy the files to DH0: HD0: TH0: etc. and not DH1:
HD2: TH3: etc. or any other partion device name -
else the software will not funtion correctly !.

In some extreme cases your hard drive may also not
be compatible with the HD file system software,
and in this case you will only be able to play the
Old 02 June 2010, 00:05   #44
Josh
Lord of Amiga-Manuals

I just uploaded my ISO for you - try this. Maybe it helps.

Cheers Josh
Old 02 June 2010, 02:15   #45
MethodGit

Actually, Adrian uploaded a much better image at some point that wasn't just created fresh out of an extracted directory - it came in both ISO and CloneCD flavours!

I should have the archive backed up on one of my DVDs somewhere, so I'll up it at some point. May have to wait till tomorrow though.
Old 02 June 2010, 11:25   #46
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Thanks Guys -@MethodGit That would be great if you still have it

Ive had some luck running from my A1200 HD -I tried CyberPunks and as soon as I press any button expect Pause on my CD32 Pad the game exits - ill have to have a better look.
Old 15 June 2010, 20:11   #47
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Can anyone shed some light on the problems im haveing with this Running Cyberpunks or Doodle bug from HD

As soon I press any of the Fire buttons its Game Over on my real Amiga I have the Lowlevel.Library they seem to run fine under WinUae QuickStart CD32 but not my A1200 -

Any Ideas would be great id realy like to use CD32 pad instead of tapping the keyboard with my foot.

Yo MethodGit did you find those CD images?
Old 26 June 2010, 14:30   #48
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

All I can add is that the hard disk versions all run fine from a regular Amiga IDE HD with CD32 control pad.

Yes the loader was RNC based.

This is from the old docs...

INSTALLING AND RUNNING THE GAMES FROM HARD DRIVE...

Copy the entire 'CONTENTS' of the INSTALLHD
directory on the CDROM to the ROOT DIRECTORY of DH0:
Then run MenuHD and all the titles should run even
faster from your hard drive. You MUST however only
copy the files to DH0: HD0: TH0: etc. and not DH1:
HD2: TH3: etc. or any other partion device name -
else the software will not funtion correctly !.

In some extreme cases your hard drive may also not
be compatible with the HD file system software,
and in this case you will only be able to play the
games from floppy disk...

Works fine from HD on my Amiga 2200 Hybrid anyway.

Cheers,

Adrian.
Old 26 June 2010, 14:47   #49
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I know its quite a strange problem, it seems to work fine under WinUae I can only think its because my A1200 is expanded and this is causing some kind of problem -with the CD32 PAD?, ive got Cyberpunks running from ADF/Floppy disk at some point ill see if anyone else with a CD32 pad can test it.
Thanks for the reply
Old 23 September 2010, 22:37   #50
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
Does the menu not even load on the real CD32? (meaning CD32.TM is missing) or does the menu load but none of the actual games do not (meaning the device path is wrong i.e. not CD0: which would be beyond strange on a real CD32 of course).

I tried Alcohol to make an ISO and Clone CD and here is the new archive containing both versions to download if you wish...

http://bit.ly/MGCALC

The TM file is not seen as a standard file if I remember rightly - rather it is written to a fixed place on the disk when the disk was built... hence this 'may' be the problem with the master Amiga CD->ISO rip on PC - I just don't remember.

Other than that I'm going to have to leave it there for now tho as I have Windows 7 to install on several machines LOL - so good luck ok!
Just thought I'd give a fresh heads up that I just upped this zip file to the EAB Server for preservation.

Now if only I could work out why only Doodlebug and Cyberpunks load correctly from the CD Frontend. I have even worse luck with the HD Frontend as no games want to work at all, and I'm just using the CD³² Quickstart setup.
Old 23 September 2010, 22:44   #51
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

M'kay, that explains it then
Old 25 September 2010, 17:07   #52
MethodGit

And now we have Mutantology back in public hands also. Multiple Kudos to Exile.
Old 29 April 2011, 11:55   #53
paulo_becas

Does anyone have the covers for this compilation scanned?
I can't find them anywere.
Old 29 April 2011, 12:22   #54
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

http://hol.abime.net/4478/boxscan ?
Old 31 January 2013, 19:33   #55
James

Missed this thread before... I actually own a copy of the Mutation Gold Compilation. This is the front cover...

Old 30 December 2015, 04:03   #56
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Has anyone ever had this working? For me Cyberpunks or Doodle bug from HD when I press Fire go to Game Over and the other three games are bugged on CD32 - do any of these games work propely CD32 or any Amiga - apparently there was also a Epic marketing release.
Mutation Gold Compilation - only 2 out of 5 games work.

Last edited by Retro1234; 30 December 2015 at 04:09.
Old 09 November 2020, 09:47   #57
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

[Update after a very long time] I have just acquired a CD32 again and will have it here soon.

That means I can retest the original Mutation Software release gold master again and go from there.

It appears that the ISO in circulation after all this time is corrupted after I ran some tests on it in earlier in Jan 2020. That would explain much of the above past I guess - ooops.

I'll see what I can do about a CD32 only CDROM / ISO rerelease if all goes well.

If that works then I can also debug the previously pulled Wiz CD32 release and move on from there with that perhaps.

When I have done all that then I will go back to working on CyberPunks2 LOL

Give me some weeks to see if I can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Adrian

P.S. That Epic/Mutantology release had nothing to do with me for the record and I made no money from it either.
Old 09 November 2020, 12:07   #58
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
[Update after a very long time] I have just acquired a CD32 again and will have it here soon.

That means I can retest the original Mutation Software release gold master again and go from there.

It appears that the ISO in circulation after all this time is corrupted after I ran some tests on it in earlier in Jan 2020. That would explain much of the above past I guess - ooops.

I'll see what I can do about a CD32 only CDROM / ISO rerelease if all goes well.
Is that that the result of a mastering error by the CD duplicating service that was used for the retail release, or is it just specific to the ISO that's been circulated and reported on in this thread?

Quote:
P.S. That Epic/Mutantology release had nothing to do with me for the record and I made no money from it either.
I have an original copy of this, but could never lay my hands on a copy of Mutation Gold.

Just a quick question Adrian, if you don't mind, for my own research....did Epic Marketing have your permission/blessing to release Mutantology, or did they do a dodgy Alive Mediasoft release of your material??!! I can PM you about this, if you prefer not to openly comment on it here.

Last edited by DrBong; 09 November 2020 at 13:20. Reason: Fixed link!
Old 09 November 2020, 13:03   #59
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
But they included Wizio, that has direct sequel Wiz 2
Old 10 November 2020, 08:48   #60
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

@DrBong The ISO image that has done the rounds for years I think came from a corrupted CDR backup from about 23'ish years ago [Edit: no it didn't - it was made but others at the initial time of this thread from files provided by me]. I found the problems at the start of this year but I won't know for sure until the CD32 arrives and I can run some tests. I now have found the original CDR that I know works 100% on stock CD32 revision 1 laser as I recall testing the entire build all those year ago
I never had the CD pressed as it was way too expensive back then and I think we sold less than <500'ish back then anyway and the rest went in the bin I guess, even now with low numbers of Amiga sales, I am not convinced pressing is the way to go yet and think that all CD releases will be made as ISO downloads in future so people can burn and play them - just an idea at the moment mind and I have yet to explore all options until I can get the build 100% working again on CD32 OK.
Regards the Epic/Mutantology release, I recall I gave them permisison to use the games on that particular compilation but I never saw a dime in payment from any sales of it. Sadly there were some dodgy people around in those days and I would like to further distance myself and Mutation from anything like that as it's just not cool to rip people off. For us here this is primarily about retro fun of doing it but in modern times. If you take that out of the equation then I can honestly say I would no longer wish to do it. My mum (RIP bless her memory) used to be a driving force in the old early starting days of Mutation on Amiga and she would come and haunt me to death I think if I ever tried to hoodwink or rip anybody off or anything like that LOL

@Predseda Yes I never even seen or heard of that game until you mentioend it recently I think I may of mentioned that Wiz (Amiga) was actually born from an unreleased PC game demo of the same name I wrote for eGames (US) back in 2000 but they never took it up for publishing after Dweebs (PC) was released. I think eGames went bust not long after or something like that. I will try and dig out a picture off the server of the old PC Wiz game if I can find it and post it here.

Thanks,

Adrian

[Edit]

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 10 November 2020 at 09:38.