English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 11 July 2007, 15:54   #1
mai

7z-archives scanner in GBA 1.4?

Sorry for asking, suppose somewhere in readme or FAQ already exists answer on my question, but I wasn't able to find

I used to manage my Amiga game collection through Lemonade frontend, but there're no support for 7z-archives. Now I'm thinking about using GameBase instead, after first look GBA seems to me a little bit complicated but powerful, especially because of GEMUS utility. So I need to know can I use it like Lemonade to scan my ADF collection packed in 7z?

Thank you!

Old 11 July 2007, 16:46   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Hi

First of all GameBase has no real scanning function, to sort out peoples existing collections you need to use Romcenter or ClrMAMEPro, ClrMAME definitely has 7zip support.

The question is, is your collection individually 7zipped or have you downloaded 1 big giant 7zip?

If they are individually 7zipped, then you could use CMP to scan them and although GameBase Amiga has everything down as zips, it's easy enough to change them all to 7z.
Old 12 July 2007, 06:26   #3
mai

I've downloaded latest available on torrent-trackers TOSEC-set (~17GB in size unzziped) and scan it with CMP using latest available datfile for Amiga ADFs. Then I needed somehow to zip them and keep collection easy-to-use. So I used GoodMerge utility. Though there're no any availble GoodMerge databases for Amiga ADFs, but it can merge any set according to the names ignoring any service marks like "(Disk 1 of 2)", "[a]", "[cr DLM]" etc. It's not a perfect merge (all ADFs for one game should be stored in one archive, but some ADFs for one game named absolutely different, that's why database is needed for perfect merge), but it saves a lot of space. Merged in 7z TOSEC-set takes only ~3.5GB on my HDD.

Last edited by mai; 12 July 2007 at 06:32.

Old 12 July 2007, 12:29   #4
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

GameBase doesn't support merged sets, disks are meant to be seperate.
The whole GB Amiga adf collection individually zipped takes up about 1.87GB which isn't much by todays standards, and if you're really worried about HD space theres nothing to stop you burning them onto a DVD as it will still work quite happily from there.
Old 12 July 2007, 12:36   #5
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
GameBase doesn't support merged sets, disks are meant to be seperate.
The whole GB Amiga adf collection individually zipped takes up about 1.87GB which isn't much by todays standards, and if you're really worried about HD space theres nothing to stop you burning them onto a DVD as it will still work quite happily from there.
Ok, thanks for help...

Old 12 July 2007, 12:42   #6
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

For future reference and use: Can GoodMerge produce a kind of list saying what it put where? Would be interesting for generating name mappings for future frontends with more flexible file handling.
Old 12 July 2007, 13:02   #7
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar View Post
For future reference and use: Can GoodMerge produce a kind of list saying what it put where?
Yes, when merging is complete, you can save the log file...