English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 07 November 2020, 14:43   #3601
mcgeezer

I nearly went my ends with you as I had thought you had included Wiz in the collection on its release day. Luckily I downloaded the pack and found it wasn't in the collection which then led me here.

Really well done for not including it and supporting active devs!

Geezer
Old 07 November 2020, 14:45   #3602
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I nearly went my ends with you as I had thought you had included Wiz in the collection on its release day. Luckily I downloaded the pack and found it wasn't in the collection which then led me here.

Really well done for not including it and supporting active devs!

Geezer
Come on mate; you should know by now that I never include any games that are new for purchase, or still on sale in my collection...
<click>
Old 07 November 2020, 17:07   #3603
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
No, as the game is now 2 disks and I've also updated the "Demo" title screenshot...

I've put a file in The Zone! "Wiz - Quest for the Magic Lantern AGA_No Game Files.zip"

Just do the following:
  • Delete the configuration file "C:\WinUAE\Configurations\Wiz - Quest for the Magic Lantern [AGA] [demo].uae".
  • Delete the gamedir "C:\WinUAE\Games\Wiz - Quest for the Magic Lantern AGA".
  • Download / extract the file from The Zone! into "C:\WinUAE".
  • Rename the purchased .ADFs i.e. "WizDisk1.adf" --> "Wiz - Quest for the Magic Lantern (2020)(Mutation Software)(AGA)(Disk 1 of 2).adf" and "WizDisk2.adf" --> "Wiz - Quest for the Magic Lantern (2020)(Mutation Software)(AGA)(Disk 2 of 2).adf".
  • Copy these into C:\WinUAE\Games\Wiz - Quest for the Magic Lantern AGA".

Thanks Damien, it's now working fine with trainer included though I get a message "Please Insert Disk 2 into DF0" as the game is loading. Is this normal? Anyways I can just manually add the disk to get past it.
Old 07 November 2020, 17:39   #3604
dax

As usual, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for Your work and for me still being on Your list
Old 07 November 2020, 18:05   #3605
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Thanks Damien, it's now working fine with trainer included though I get a message "Please Insert Disk 2 into DF0" as the game is loading. Is this normal? Anyways I can just manually add the disk to get past it.
Yes, that is normal with the full version.

You boot with Disk 1, it loads stuff into RAM, and when finished you are asked to insert Disk 2 into DF0:

That's the way Adrian created it.
Old 07 November 2020, 18:50   #3606
capitanGiaco

I am having trouble to play 'Gravity Force', the game seems to stuck itself on first background image (drive at sector 41).

Giaco
Old 07 November 2020, 20:10   #3607
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanGiaco View Post
I am having trouble to play 'Gravity Force', the game seems to stuck itself on first background image (drive at sector 41).

Giaco
Errrm, press the <Fire Button>.

Seriously, I've tested all games in my collection. Do you really think I'd add something that doesn't work?

...then there's the question of how did I take the screenshots if the disk used is faulty?
Old 07 November 2020, 20:58   #3608
capitanGiaco

Quote:
Errrm, press the <Fire Button>.

Seriously, I've tested all games in my collection. Do you really think I'd add something that doesn't work?

...then there's the question of how did I take the screenshots if the disk used is faulty?

I become to be old and I forget to try the swap ports....

Giaco
Old 07 November 2020, 21:10   #3609
DamienD
Banned

What do you mean?

You don't need to swap ports; "Port 2" is already set as "Keyboard Layout B (Cursor keys, Right CTRL and ALT = Fire, Right SHIFT = 2nd Fire)"... so you just need to press the <Fire Button> on the title screen once disk loading stops.
Old 07 November 2020, 21:44   #3610
capitanGiaco

Quote:
What do you mean?

You don't need to swap ports; "Port 2" is already set as "Keyboard Layout B (Cursor keys, Right CTRL and ALT = Fire, Right SHIFT = 2nd Fire)"... so you just need to press the <Fire Button> on the title screen once disk loading stops.
I probably somehow messed up the configuration.
I overwrite the .uae configuration with the original and now it works!

thanks for your amazing patience

Giaco
Old 08 November 2020, 12:32   #3611
Nounouss33

Just unbelievable !!!!

Wow, just Wow !!!!!
I would never had imagined that is was possible to have such a giant "plug & play" Amiga game package for my PC. this is just incredible and so easy to deploy.
You just Rock Damien !!!!!
Thank you so much
And also thanks a lot to my friend Ransom who just let me know about this massive & impressive collection
Old 08 November 2020, 12:35   #3612
DamienD
Banned

So today I was playing "Dragon Slayer"... but I'd forgot the in-game keys that I discovered...

This meant that I had to go back and re-read this thread: DragonSlayer - Starbyte CDTV Demo.

Anyway, I've now updated the .HDF with the above information:

So, please just download / extract this file into "C:\WinUAE"

Last edited by DamienD; 08 November 2020 at 13:00.
Old 08 November 2020, 13:30   #3613
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounouss33 View Post
Wow, just Wow !!!!!
I would never had imagined that is was possible to have such a giant "plug & play" Amiga game package for my PC. this is just incredible and so easy to deploy.
You just Rock Damien !!!!!
Thank you so much
And also thanks a lot to my friend Ransom who just let me know about this massive & impressive collection
Cheers for your feedback Nounouss33
Old 08 November 2020, 14:06   #3614
Nounouss33

Quote:
Cheers for your feedback Nounouss33
Maybe you can answer this question about URIDIUM2 : The game loads but at some point i will be requested to insert a DATA DISK. I thought you had configured all the games to have all required disks mounted. Does it means the game does not support 2 disk drives and i have eject / insert the 2nd disk manually ? Thanks ! Having tons of fun !!!!!! And i loooove the scanlines, at last, someone who knows what retro means
Old 08 November 2020, 14:15   #3615
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you can answer this question about URIDIUM2 : The game loads but at some point i will be requested to insert a DATA DISK. I thought you had configured all the games to have all required disks mounted. Does it means the game does not support 2 disk drives and i have eject / insert the 2nd disk manually ?
Yes, some games only support one disk drive... and Uridium 2 is one of them.

There are numerous ways you can swap disks:

a) Press <F12> to bring up the GUI, select "Floppy drives", at the end of the "DF0:" line there is "...". Press this, then navigate to the <gamedir> and double-click on the required disk.

b) Press <End> + <F1> to bring up the window for the disk insertion into "DF0:", then navigate to the <gamedir> and double-click on the required disk.

c) The quickest and easiest way is to use the "Disk swapper". For all multi-disk games, the "Disk swapper" has been populated in a logical way:

So when asked to insert "Disk 2" into "DF0:", you'd just press <End> + <2> to insert the disk in slot 2 from the "Disk swapper" into "DF0:".

Please read Important Keys for usage

Last edited by DamienD; 08 November 2020 at 14:25.
Old 08 November 2020, 14:38   #3616
Nounouss33

Quote:
Yes, some games only support one disk drive... and Uridium 2 is one of them.

There are numerous ways you can swap disks:

a) Press <F12> to bring up the GUI, select "Floppy drives", at the end of the "DF0:" line there is "...". Press this, then navigate to the <gamedir> and double-click on the required disk.

b) Press <End> + <F1> to bring up the window for the disk insertion into "DF0:", then navigate to the <gamedir> and double-click on the required disk.

c) The quickest and easiest way is to use the "Disk swapper". For all multi-disk games, the "Disk swapper" has been populated in a logical way:

So when asked to insert "Disk 2" into "DF0:", you'd just press <End> + <2> to insert the disk in slot 2 from the "Disk swapper" into "DF0:".

Please read Important Keys for usage
Thanks a lot DamienD, Yep remembered you had warned me about Important keys and indeed End+F1 did the trick !
I'm really blown away by all the stuff you've done !
- You kept cracktros
- You put rasterlines
- One single configuration file for each game !!!
Old 08 November 2020, 14:54   #3617
ransom1122

@Nounouss33 I told you...
Old 08 November 2020, 15:05   #3618
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
and indeed End+F1 did the trick !
Using the "Disk swapper" is the best option

Quote:

Old 08 November 2020, 19:16   #3619
Decypher

Thanks for another great update Damien!

I'm wondering if you're considering uploading the full pack again some time (to merge all updates), maybe after 45th?
Old 08 November 2020, 19:30   #3620
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decypher View Post
I'm wondering if you're considering uploading the full pack again some time (to merge all updates), maybe after 45th?
No, I only re-upload the "Base install plus "Update Packs #1 - xx" incorporated" every 10 x "Update Packs"... too much time / effort involved.

So the next time I do this will be "Base install plus "Update Packs #1 - 50" incorporated"... if I ever get that far