English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 January 2022, 20:24   #21
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaPassion View Post
Jpor I like it when you reply as you keep my threads near the top of the list.

And what flak? Is that what you think your giving? Let me tell you what you're giving (free of charge), and that is entertainment and that's all it is. You are that friend or person you know, you know the one you bring along to a party because they are a good laugh and will ruffle a few feathers for attention and come out with some corkers, completely harmless but very entertaining, Jpor you are that friend and for that I salute you!

Over to you!
Yawn! Hopefully those who are reading this post will realise what a Joke you are

You offer a service where you don’t support your clients. You are taking more time reading this post and replying than actually sorting out your customers.
Claim to do a lot for the Amiga Community without showing any evidence apart from letting the community down with your so called services and lack of care towards those who trust you with their pride and joys. Big yourself up on YouTube channels.
Oh and I’m definitely NOT your friend
Old 18 January 2022, 20:40   #22
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpor View Post
Yawn! Hopefully those who are reading this post will realise what a Joke you are

You offer a service where you don’t support your clients. You are taking more time reading this post and replying than actually sorting out your customers.
Claim to do a lot for the Amiga Community without showing any evidence apart from letting the community down with your so called services and lack of care towards those who trust you with their pride and joys. Big yourself up on YouTube channels.
Oh and I’m definitely NOT your friend
You know when your a wedding and it's the speeches you always get that person who talks and talks without getting anywhere going round in circles and they get that look from their wife or partner as its getting a little embarrassing? Jpor your wife/partner is giving you that look ;-)

Jpor you are my friend, we have history and long may it last!! :-)

Let have a singalong!!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 January 2022, 21:27   #23
Gordon
Settler

If I was at this wedding and I saw Jpor giving an honest speech about a business’s attitude and work ethics I would get out my seat, shout “here here”, put my thumb up and wave it around in approval
Old 18 January 2022, 21:36   #24
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
If I was at this wedding and I saw Jpor giving an honest speech about a business’s attitude and work ethics I would get out my seat, shout “here here”, put my thumb up and wave it around in approval
And for you I have this, It's nice that Jpor has someone to chat with like in the old days when people had a chat in the backyard over the fence putting the world to rights, we need people like you :-)

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 January 2022, 21:39   #25
Redster

As an "anti Jpor", I would like to say that I have recieved nothing but exemplary service from Retropassion and excellent communication over the last two weeks, whilst the man was future-proofing my miggy1200, so please don't listen to this guy and doubt Retropassions work ethic.

Also enjoyed the Cannon Fodder stream
Old 18 January 2022, 21:41   #26
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
As an "anti Jpor", I would like to say that I have recieved nothing but exemplary service from Retropassion and excellent communication over the last two weeks, whilst the man was future-proofing my miggy1200, so please don't listen to this guy and doubt Retropassions work ethic.

Old 18 January 2022, 21:53   #27
Gordon
Settler

Don’t really want to keep posting here but I have to question someone who has only ever posted twice here, suddenly appears and posts to defend you. My suspicion-o-meter has gone into overdrive
Old 18 January 2022, 21:55   #28
Jpor
Banned

Quote:

Oh no the RP fan club have awoken

Any proof of that? As I was once a client of his. All went well, until I was getting communications such as… “I see your floppy drive doesn’t work… Did it work before? Oh well Not my Problem!”.

Then also “ I only do this as a hobby”.

Then when I decided not to use him ever again…. A mystery A4000 motherboard turned up and a angry and mystified owner then tracked me down (NOT the person responsible for sending it out wrongly )

Oh did I mention he even tried it on with a Amiga 1200 case I was selling on EBay…..
Old 18 January 2022, 21:56   #29
Jpor
Banned

Quote:

Cheers Bud

Oh and there are others who’ve had problems with RP asking me to help them as they don’t want to be using RP anymore due to bad experience.
Old 18 January 2022, 22:01   #30
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Don’t really want to keep posting here but I have to question someone who has only ever posted twice here, suddenly appears and posts to defend you. My suspicion-o-meter has gone into overdrive
Conspiracy theorist, I like your thinking!! So let me ask you this, do you think the US actually landed on the moon or was it on a film set?
Old 18 January 2022, 22:06   #31
Redster

I bought an amiga 1200 accidently on ebay mid November 2021 while drunk. When it arrived it was clearly very cool, so I decided it was worth spending money on.

I found RP through a google search and contacted him, he gave me some advice and then I bought an accellerator card and a Gotek. I decided to get it recapped and spoke to RP just before Xmas, they said they could not do anything till the new year. Which was fine.

I sent it to him on the first week on January and its now done 2 weeks later, which is exactly the same timeframe he gave me, I'm picking it up on saturday.

I have only posted a few times because I'm a n00b and because I'm a lurker, I have chimed in here because I think you are being a bit unfair and might put people off his services in an unecessary way.

Thing is, the many people who are satisfied, more than likely far outweigh those that are dissatisfed, but they wont bother to speak out. I decided to speak out, so your apparent disatisfaction with RP does not appear to be endemic to people like me, who just bought a 30 year old bit of computer hardware for an extortionate amount of money and frankly have fallen in love with it...

Last edited by Redster; 18 January 2022 at 22:15.
Old 18 January 2022, 22:08   #32
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Cheers Bud

Oh and there are others who’ve had problems with RP asking me to help them as they don’t want to be using RP anymore due to bad experience.
Jpor come on, that was a a magnitude 1.0 on the richter scale not even earthworms felt that! :-)
Old 18 January 2022, 22:10   #33
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
I bought an amiga 1200 accidently on ebay mid November 2021 while drunk. When it arrived it was clearly very cool, so I decided it was worth spending money on.

I found RP through a google search and contacted him, he gave me some advice and then I bought an accellerator card and a Gotek. I decided to get it recapped and spoke to RP just before Xmas, they said they could not do anything till the new year. Which was fine.

I sent it to him on the first week on January and its now done 2 weeks later, which is exactly the same timeframe he gave me, I'm picking it up on saturday.

I have only posted a few time because I'm a n00b and because I'm a lurker, I have chimed in here because I think you are being a bit unfair and might put people off his services in an unecessary way.

Thing is, the many people who are satisfied, more than likely far outweigh those that are dissatisfed, but they wont bother to speak out. I decided to speak out, so your apparent disatisfaction with RP does no appear to be endemic to people like me, who just bought a 30 year old bit of computer hardware for an extortionate amount of money and frankly have fallen in love with it...
Unlucky

Good luck with getting sober and coming to your senses next time
Old 18 January 2022, 22:14   #34
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Jpor come on, that was a a magnitude 1.0 on the richter scale not even earthworms felt that! :-)
The more people get educated by your attitude to customers hopefully the more come to there senses and stay away from you.

“Who is more the foolish…The fool…or the fool who uses Retro Passion”

Laters David Attenborough
Old 18 January 2022, 22:57   #35
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
The more people get educated by your attitude to customers hopefully the more come to there senses and stay away from you.

“Who is more the foolish…The fool…or the fool who uses Retro Passion”

Laters David Attenborough
Here is one

"To educate others, one must be educated himself" Steve - RetroPassion

MIC DROP

I will dedicate my next Amiga stream to you Jpor! Monday 20:30 (UK) and don't say your washing your hair or rather watch paint dry.

https://www.twitch.tv/retropassionuk

If your not into Twitch I have uploaded the stream from yesterday to youtube: [ Show youtube player ]

Oh and as a gift as we are friends and a thank you as I have had couple of enquiries and a spike of traffic come in from EAB to the website. Below are two YES 2 discount codes, yes Gorden I'm including you as we have that UK/US special relationship. But not like you and Jpor which are EAB friends (I'm jealous).

10% off anything in the store using the following discount codes including recapping for the Amiga's you sell on ebay all the time Jpor :-)

ILOVERETROPASSION
RETROPASSION4EVER

In case you have not added the site to your favorites (I will ask why not?)

www.retropassion.co.uk

Get them while they are hot!! As someone may use them before you!!
Old 18 January 2022, 23:24   #36
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Here is one

"To educate others, one must be educated himself" Steve - RetroPassion

MIC DROP

I will dedicate my next Amiga stream to you Jpor! Monday 20:30 (UK) and don't say your washing your hair or rather watch paint dry.

https://www.twitch.tv/retropassionuk

If your not into Twitch I have uploaded the stream from yesterday to youtube: [ Show youtube player ]

Oh and as a gift as we are friends and a thank you as I have had couple of enquiries and a spike of traffic come in from EAB to the website. Below are two YES 2 discount codes, yes Gorden I'm including you as we have that UK/US special relationship. But not like you and Jpor which are EAB friends (I'm jealous).

10% off anything in the store using the following discount codes including recapping for the Amiga's you sell on ebay all the time Jpor :-)

ILOVERETROPASSION
RETROPASSION4EVER

In case you have not added the site to your favorites (I will ask why not?)

www.retropassion.co.uk

Get them while they are hot!! As someone may use them before you!!
Well that was a waste of time! Instant dislike to the YouTube video.
At least I’ve got hair

Got better things to do that watch you show off nothing.

Weren’t you on Crimewatch once

Oh well keep on taking peoples monies and showing it on YouTube and twitch on what they could of won.

Old 18 January 2022, 23:45   #37
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Well that was a waste of time! Instant dislike to the YouTube video.
At least I’ve got hair

Got better things to do that watch you show off nothing.

Weren’t you on Crimewatch once

Oh well keep on taking peoples monies and showing it on YouTube and twitch on what they could of won.

Lol you could not resist, I saw you jump back on to the thread, the thread is like a tube of pringles, once you pop you can't stop!

But I am disappointed however, the first thing you noticed is my lack of hair on my head but not my freshly trimmed, shaped beard, did you know (this is fact by the way, look it up) Patrick Stewart was voted sexiest man because of his bald head! Then you have other famous people like The Rock, Jason Statham, who else oh Kojack (Telly Savalas) so I'm in with a chance!!

..........oh hang on you looked at the video! You could not resist and added a view, thank you!!
Old 18 January 2022, 23:47   #38
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Can you all please take this feud into a private discussion? We don't need to see it on the forum anymore. Thanks.
Old 19 January 2022, 00:43   #39
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
Can you all please take this feud into a private discussion? We don't need to see it on the forum anymore. Thanks.
Jpor wont, he thrives on it being public, he likes the attention, being provocative, wants an emotional response... Hang on, i just looked up a definition of a Troll OMG!

Alexa, how do you deal with a Troll?

1: Feed them with kindness - Done they have a 10% discount code for Amiga goodies they just need to type: ILOVERETROPASSION it's that simple, 10% off!
2: Stand-up for yourself - Done replied to every comment with humor (refer to point 1)
3: It's a game of chess, put them where you want them - Done they watched the video of me playing Cannon Fodder!! (not Alexa, I made that one up)

So there you have it, I'm more and happy to deal with it, we are on most social platforms and you have to take the bad with the good, but the good far outweighs the bad and it's an awesome community, and I felt that on the stream yesterday, it's about connecting with people beyond text and photos on a screen, it's about having like minded people in my home virtually talking about our passion and the good old days, but for some that too much and hence why they do what they do, they have to try and knock you down through their own insecurities or jealousy. Social media and forums give them a way to do this without ramifications and do it behind a keyboard.

So I will continue to do what I do and If I see any misinformation I will be there correcting it.

Thank you!!

Steve - RetroPassion
Old 19 January 2022, 08:04   #40
Decker

This was great! There are never too many Amiga streamers, followed.