English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 16 August 2019, 16:34   #1
Marskilla

Nipper Vs the Kats

I recently discovered Nipper Vs. The Kats ( http://hol.abime.net/3566 ), and I just really get found of this game.

Man, Graftgold were sooooooo good.

I almost made 50k !

I was better than hipoonios ! [ Show youtube player ]

Unfortunatly, if the game rarity is "common as mud" on hol, i only found a "cracked" version by skid row... A cracked Version ??? of a cover disk ???

Anyway, when the scored are written on the disk, the game cannot be launched anymore. I guess the disk is corrupted. That's a shame for a "caravan game".

Furthermore I play with fs-uae, so "overlays" are created automatically, I have to delete them each time I want to play.

Does anyone has a clean version, with no scores on it, which can save the scores correctly on th disk ?

I'll be delighted.

Alternatively, can an Amiga-godlike-coder correct the highscore routine or the bad crack by skid row ?
Old 16 August 2019, 17:39   #2
Marskilla

Ok : I got it working. The problem was not the crack, it was the standard adf format.

With WinUae, I created a Custom ADF Format blank disk, copied it with Xcopy Doscopy+ mode and it worked !

I attach the adf I tested for those who want the adf which allows multiple launch with FS-UAE
Attached Files
File Type: zip NipperVsKats.adf.zip (201.8 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by Marskilla; 16 August 2019 at 17:49.
Old 16 August 2019, 20:10   #3
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marskilla View Post
I recently discovered Nipper Vs. The Kats ( http://hol.abime.net/3566 ), and I just really get found of this game.

Man, Graftgold were sooooooo good.

I almost made 50k !

I was better than hipoonios ! [ Show youtube player ]

Unfortunatly, if the game rarity is "common as mud" on hol, i only found a "cracked" version by skid row... A cracked Version ??? of a cover disk ???

Anyway, when the scored are written on the disk, the game cannot be launched anymore. I guess the disk is corrupted. That's a shame for a "caravan game".

Furthermore I play with fs-uae, so "overlays" are created automatically, I have to delete them each time I want to play.

Does anyone has a clean version, with no scores on it, which can save the scores correctly on th disk ?

I'll be delighted.

Alternatively, can an Amiga-godlike-coder correct the highscore routine or the bad crack by skid row ?
BTW. Someone have this secret Graftgold Amiga game wrote for PowerGen company by Jason Page?

"Oh, and there's also another "secret" Graftgold game which is similar to this one, which I wrote for PowerGen (the electrics company). You had to do pretty much the same thing - with different graphics... It was for their own internal promotion, so never saw the light of day outside of their company and would only have been played by kids on school trips to nuclear power plants or something... unfortunately."

[Source: Jason Page]
Old 17 August 2019, 23:36   #4
Firthy2002
2nd era...

Send a message via ICQ to Firthy2002 Send a message via AIM to Firthy2002 Send a message via MSN to Firthy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to Firthy2002
My cousin had this coverdisk. Unfortunately he sold his A500 before I could grab any of the disks he had.