English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 July 2019, 10:32   #81
Glen M

3 months ago the channel hit 100 subs and I set a goal of 150 by the time the channel is 1 year old.

Well with 1 week to go we made it. 150 subscribers to CRG.

Mind well and truly blown and a massive thank you to all who continue to support me.

Should I set another goal? 200 subs by Christmas?

Also as promised here is a dropbox link to a zip file containing a CAD and PDF file for the arcade controller.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b13l30iiqt...Stick.zip?dl=0

I have amended the size of the holes to 30mm diameter for each button and 42mm diameter for the trackball so you hopefully won't have to do any filling but before you would get this cut please check all dimensions against the actual buttons, joystick, trackball you are using. The PDF is to scale on an A0 page. Feel free to ammend the design as you see fit for your project but hopefully this will be a good starting point for anyone looking to build their own.

Alternatively for members with the UK only I will offer to help design a layout and get it cut in MDF or Acrylic if you would prefer. NOTE acrylic is 5mm thick so would need bracing inside due to length. It will also be more expensive as its laser cut whereas the MDF is CNC cut. If you are interested in this drop me a PM.
Old 03 August 2019, 19:28   #82
Glen M

In this weeks video I show you how to setup a CF card with X-Bench for use in a real Amiga.

X-Bench is an easy to use front end for loading WHDLoad games, demos and even hard drive installed software. It works really well in combination with the CD32 for playing games on the TV.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 August 2019, 15:05   #83
Glen M

So apologies for the poor quality of the last video but it would seem stupid youtube processing is either taking forever or its just screwed the quality because it looks like crap like 360p when it should be perfect 1080p (or at least as perfect as my other videos)

Don't know if I should reupload it or not. Don't want to loose the views but then again I think I need to fix it. I'll maybe leave it another 24 hours to see if it sorts itself.
Old 05 August 2019, 22:29   #84
Glen M

I have reuploaded the video to fix the video quality issue. It was driving me crazy that my most popular video in a while looked so bad. I don't often ask for favours but if you watched and liked the original video I would be forever grateful if you would do so again. Its just unfortunate I've lost all the views and comments etc but stupid YouTube!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 August 2019, 18:13   #85
Glen M

We all know that RGB is the best picture you can get from your Amiga and most 90s retro consoles but how do you connect that to a modern HDMI display without spending £300 on a frame meister or even an expensive Indivision.

In this week's video we take a look at a cheap £20 alternative that produces a decent picture but more importantly has next to no lag.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 August 2019, 21:34   #86
Glen M

Just a quick video this week to say a massive thank you to all those who have supported me over the last year and a quick man cave update tour.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 August 2019, 21:45   #87
DamienD
Banned

Wow, very cool man cave

I'm more interested in your desks / vinyl collection though; personally I have over 1000 X 12" / 7" vinyls here in London and probably another 1500 or so at my parent's house in Sydney. That's not counting over 500 CDs, and these days, loads of digital stuff.

Mainly house / electronica though (all genres from the early 90's upwards)
Old 18 August 2019, 22:38   #88
Gordon
Settler

Great channel and well done on it growth.

I watched the xbench one you mentioned about restarting the CD32 because of the quit key issue but you can actually quit using a CD32 pad or in your case, your new arcade controls, using button combinations.
Scroll to the bottom here
http://whdload.de/docs/en/rawkey.html
Old 19 August 2019, 00:29   #89
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Wow, very cool man cave

I'm more interested in your desks / vinyl collection though; personally I have over 1000 X 12" / 7" vinyls here in London and probably another 1500 or so at my parent's house in Sydney. That's not counting over 500 CDs, and these days, loads of digital stuff.

Mainly house / electronica though (all genres from the early 90's upwards)
My collection is all happy hardcore from mid nineties and some from the early 00's when I played on cheeky tunes radio (shout cast radio)

I used to have a fair few hard house records too but sold them on. I'll never sell the hardcore though.

I have plans once the second 1200 is fixed to try some mod mixing with pt1200. All in the future though.
Old 19 August 2019, 00:30   #90
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Great channel and well done on it growth.

I watched the xbench one you mentioned about restarting the CD32 because of the quit key issue but you can actually quit using a CD32 pad or in your case, your new arcade controls, using button combinations.
Scroll to the bottom here
http://whdload.de/docs/en/rawkey.html
Thanks. I'll look I to this and maybe do a follow up video.
Old 24 August 2019, 17:25   #91
Glen M

Philips CDi Refurb Part 1.

If you watched last week's man cave tour you would have seen the Philips CDi that I picked up a while back from ebay sold as spare repairs not reading discs. In part 1 we try to get it working again.

[ Show youtube player ]

quick edit:

Could a moderator or admin please change the title of this thread to read

CRG - Casual Retro Gamer YoutTube Channel

Since I've been doing this for over a year now I think its bit odd for it to read my new youtube channel.

Last edited by Glen M; 24 August 2019 at 21:45.
Old 01 September 2019, 14:24   #92
Glen M

In this week's video we continue working on the CD-i and build a SNES to CD-i adapter using an arduino uno.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 16 September 2019, 10:09   #93
Glen M

Sorry for no videos for the past fortnight. I was away the first weekend and then last weekend I spent most of it pulling my hair out on this mess

I've been trying to RGB mod the CD-i 450 with little luck. I have an image but there is serve ghosting on it that I cannot resolve. I have about 20 minutes of video so far on this project so I may release that and split this into a 2 part episode but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?
Old 22 September 2019, 15:25   #94
Glen M

I'm still struggling with the CD-i so for now lets get back to Amiga things.

I've finally got my TF330 upgraded to revision 2 firmware so in this weeks video we put it to the test to see just how much faster it is.

We take a look at 2 Amiga games, 1 PC port, a classic demo and sysinfo.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 September 2019, 18:37   #95
xubidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
I'm still struggling with the CD-i so for now lets get back to Amiga things.

I've finally got my TF330 upgraded to revision 2 firmware so in this weeks video we put it to the test to see just how much faster it is.

We take a look at 2 Amiga games, 1 PC port, a classic demo and sysinfo.

[ Show youtube player ]

Great video, love the Amiga stuff altho i noticed a huge difference in you drive speeds compared to mine, i also have a TF330 on the latest rev , but my drive speeds are a lowly 2.1 - 2.2mbs compared to your 5!!!
something wrong on 1 end or another.

I found Gloom Deluxe perfectly playable in full screen 1:1 tho ,but yes while Doom is playable to a degree its more of a novelty on 030 cpu,best left to other platforms unless you have an 060, which im considering getting when released.
But loving the videos, great work ,hope to see many more.

Old 22 September 2019, 21:39   #96
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubidoo View Post
Great video, love the Amiga stuff altho i noticed a huge difference in you drive speeds compared to mine, i also have a TF330 on the latest rev , but my drive speeds are a lowly 2.1 - 2.2mbs compared to your 5!!!
something wrong on 1 end or another.

I found Gloom Deluxe perfectly playable in full screen 1:1 tho ,but yes while Doom is playable to a degree its more of a novelty on 030 cpu,best left to other platforms unless you have an 060, which im considering getting when released.
But loving the videos, great work ,hope to see many more.
The cf card is setup using the pfs3 file system. I must admit I was a little shocked myself with just how fast it is. I tested it a few times to be sure.

Thanks for the kind words, plenty more content to come.
Old 23 September 2019, 10:15   #97
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Great looking man cave there! I've enjoyed some of you videos too. Subbed! You heading to Amiga Ireland?
Old 23 September 2019, 15:55   #98
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Great looking man cave there! I've enjoyed some of you videos too. Subbed! You heading to Amiga Ireland?
Yep, I'll be there for the full weekend with my 1200 and CD32 plus the arcade controller (if I ever get it finished)

Just can't decide what hotel to stay at. The sheraton is a bit expensive but would be handy since I'm bringing so much with me.
Old 28 September 2019, 13:35   #99
Glen M

In this weeks video we take a look at a method I use for transferring small files from my PC to the Amiga using ADFs but not emulation. Using ADF OPUS we can create and manipulate ADF disk images within windows.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 September 2019, 16:00   #100
DamienD
Banned

I haven't watched your video Glen M, but you can also use Total Commander with the AmigaDX plugin:

Quote:
With this plugin you can extract/view ADF, DMS, ADZ, HDF, HDZ, DMP file types for Amiga Emulators (WinUAE, U*AE). You can also create/modify ADF files. If you are an old Amiga user who have installed WinUAE or other Amiga emulator then this plugin is for you.