English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 July 2020, 00:51   #21
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Thanks AMIGASYSTEM but actually the MOS release is still at V11.9. The OS3 build of V12.0 should run OK on MOS though.
Old 19 July 2020, 01:54   #22
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you, correct the News
Old 25 April 2021, 19:54   #23
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Amigan software are proud to announce the 100th release of MCE, V12.7, now supporting (coincidentally) 100 games! Available at http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#mce
Old 30 August 2021, 02:07   #24
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

It's a bit soon after V13.2 to release it to Aminet etc. yet, but the new version with Speedball 2 editing and enhanced Bloodwych editing is now available at http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#mce
Old 03 June 2023, 15:16   #25
Turran

Wrote an email as well before I found this, but might as well ask here as well.

I tried it with Phantasie (Whdload 1.0 version) but it does not work. Seems to read the save somewhat fine, except chars are listed as purged. When saving, the game have a very hard time reading it and char names are corrupted/missing. Gold or whatever you add is not there.

To replicate:
Remove Phantasie save game dir.
Start game. Create one char. Click Save game.
Try to modify said char. Just add 1 gold or whatever and click save.
Try to load it in game.

Version tested: 14.13 from https://aminet.net/package/game/edit/MCE

Hm, just saw now that it requires OS 3.9. I'm on 3.2.2.1. Guess that could be why.
Edit2: Tried running it on OS 3.9. Same error.

Last edited by Turran; 03 June 2023 at 15:48.
Old 03 June 2023, 17:11   #26
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

OK, I have fixed this for V14.14, now available from http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/#mce
Old 03 June 2023, 19:18   #27
Turran

That was quick, thank you!
Old 07 June 2023, 21:22   #28
EctoOne

Didn't know there was a thread here for this. I'm not quite sure but it seems to me that the Eye of the Beholder editors are a little bit broken.

When I Max out either a Mage, Cleric or any Hybrid Caster class, the amount of spells seems weird.
Something like clerics have a lot of first level spells to assign but no level 2 spells. Quite the opposite happens with Mages.

On EOB2, clerics (or mages can't remember) have no spells at all. And the other class has some weird numbers of spells if I remember correctly.

I've tried this with the english version of EOB and EOB2 WHDLoad versions.
Old 07 June 2023, 22:41   #29
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I'll investigate this and get back to you.
Old 11 June 2023, 05:12   #30
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

OK, V14.15 has been released; this issue should not happen anymore.
Old 11 June 2023, 07:39   #31
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
OK, V14.15 has been released; this issue should not happen anymore.
I just tried it, and while it does seem better it seems that there is still something going on.
I've made a Paladin and he had something like 3x level 1, 3xLevel 2, 0x Level 3, 64x Level 4 and 3x Level 5.
As far as I remember, you need to find scrolls to actually learn spells so Level 3 might be correct since the spell list was empty anyway. But it's been to long since I played it to actually know if there is something wrong.
But there are still some weird amounts of spell slots going on with clerics and mages.

Anyway, I appreciate the update although I had to switch my resolution because the new editor didn't quite fit anymore.
Old 13 June 2023, 09:40   #32
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

EOB1 can't handle high character levels: the limits are 10th level cleric, 11th level mage, 22nd level paladin. Exceeding these values will trigger the spell bugs you described. I will make MCE enforce these limits in the next version. EOB2 seems OK with 90th level characters.

Last edited by Minuous; 13 June 2023 at 10:43.
Old 06 January 2024, 17:17   #33
EctoOne

Hey again, I just noticed the latest update added support for Dungeon Master and Chaos strikes back. Unfortunately it seems that it isn't compatible with meynafs Atari port. https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49830
Would it be possible to add support for that version?
I would really appreciate it, because for some reason the WHDLoad version of Dungeon Master refuses to actually save any game.
Old 06 January 2024, 17:51   #34
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I didn't read that whole thread but didn't see anything about it being based on the Atari version. The links in that thread are dead, is there a working download link, preferably with source code? If it is just the same as the normal Amiga version but with different dungeon data, I'm not sure why MCE wouldn't work with it. Support for the ST, IBM, etc. formats would be very easy to add, I will probably do that for the next version.

Saving the game does work on WHDLoad, you need to choose a slot though (eg. via the WHDLoad splash screen).
Old 06 January 2024, 19:00   #35
EctoOne

Only the first link is dead, the ones under the Late Edit work for me. But here's the link to meynafs english homepage which also has the links. http://meynaf.free.fr/pr/index_en.html

But I don't think there are any sources available.

I believe most of meynafs ports are from Atari versions, at least a lot of them are listed here: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85200

And I tried using choosing a save slot but it didn't work. I remember keeping the old 1.3 version of the slave (which uses disk images instead of files) because of that issue. But even that version doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
Old 06 January 2024, 20:09   #36
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

It uses its own incompatible format and has no source so I don't think I will bother supporting that version.

Slave V2.0 works fine here, maybe you should lodge a bug report at http://www.whdload.de if you have tried everything and it still doesn't work for you. Or you could just run the floppy version of the game, MCE will work with those too.

Last edited by Minuous; 06 January 2024 at 20:29.