English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 April 2020, 17:55   #901
roondar

I really don't get this. Digitally signing an application is useful to stop warnings. Ok, fair enough. However, Cloanto does not need to be the one doing this. Anyone who has $99 a year lying around can have a subscription to a service that does this for you. Costs a bit of money, that's all.

So in short: that Cloanto sign the WinUAE installer is a nice gesture of them, but ultimately means nothing in regards to who owns or who made WinUAE.

Surely that isn't complicated?
Old 10 April 2020, 03:02   #902
Kyle_Human
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
That doesn't mean they own, or made, or even contributed to it.
Correct. Nobody said otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
It just means they took something that is free, and sold it on to you, putting their name on it.
Incorrect. I've never bought WinUAE, I download it off Toni's website for free like everyone else. It still has that msg in it, which is the point.

I think your reactions are very funny. Someone demanded to know what Cloanto have done, I demonstrate that they have at least paid $99 to get WinUAE cert'd for everyone, and suddenly you all pretend I've said they invented WinUAE or something.

When I was at primary school we had a class seperate from English which was called "Reading Comprehension". The point of that class was that it isn't enough to just recognize words and letters on a page and be able to say them out loud. You have to also understand what it is you can read.

It's something a lot of forum posters fail. You read words without grasping meaning. So you think people said things different to what they really did.
Old 10 April 2020, 10:30   #903
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Human View Post
When I was at primary school we had a class seperate from English which was called "Reading Comprehension". The point of that class was that it isn't enough to just recognize words and letters on a page and be able to say them out loud. You have to also understand what it is you can read.

It's something a lot of forum posters fail. You read words without grasping meaning. So you think people said things different to what they really did.
What's really funny is when you launch into these patronizing/arrogant/uncalled for soliloquies, which seems to happen a lot in your posts. And as is usually the case with forum preachers you then proceed to utterly fail in regard to the thing you preach about (see "logic" in that A1200 thread).

In this case it's about reading comprehension. Speaking of which, I understood quite well what the point of your original post was. I then proceed to mock it, because it seemed quite farcical to me that a person can use something so trite and irrelevant as a response to a loaded question regarding Cloanto's supposed Amiga scene contributions.

I'm not sure you yourself can comprehend this rather simple concept though, since you've avoided replying to it, instead opting for some easy (but eyeroll worthy) evasive move.
Old 10 April 2020, 11:06   #904
DamienD
Banned

I have to agree with dreadnought and many other people's replies to you in numerous threads across EAB Kyle_Human.

Seems you do really like to argue and patronise people a lot in your replies.

This needs to stop; I'm getting bored of having to read / reply to people that have "Reported" your posts in the private Moderators section
Old 10 April 2020, 11:27   #905
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
When I was at primary school we had a class seperate from English which was called "Reading Comprehension".
No classes dealing with social skills I assume?
Old 10 April 2020, 23:45   #906
ma693541
Computer Wizard

I agree to that DamienD. Why should we all "install" WinUAE?
Old 11 April 2020, 00:58   #907
ma693541
Computer Wizard

My Hyperion AmigaOS 3.1.4 localized to Norwegian and have the icons to AmigaOS 3.9 with a screen resolution of 1366x768. How dull wouldn't this screen shoot be if all drawers were blue, green, red or yellow. I still have to install ReAction and upgrade it to 3.1.4.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmigaOS 3.1.4.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	66770  
Old 11 April 2020, 13:45   #908
Kyle_Human
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I have to agree with dreadnought and many other people's replies to you in numerous threads across EAB Kyle_Human.

Seems you do really like to argue and patronise people a lot in your replies.

This needs to stop; I'm getting bored of having to read / reply to people that have "Reported" your posts in the private Moderators section

If you can't handle being a moderator then stop. Nobody makes you do it.
Old 11 April 2020, 13:48   #909
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
What the hell is that supposed to mean???

...and how does that relate to my reply to you?

Your attitude in posts are constantly being "reported" by numerous members; I wonder why

Anyway, keep going with your usual rubbish and insulting various long standing EAB members and let's see what happens...

Consider this a final polite warning.
Old 11 April 2020, 14:20   #910
utri007
mä vaan

I ques that those amiga.org trolls has moved here, when thor and olsen started to post here.

Last edited by utri007; 11 April 2020 at 21:55.
Old 11 April 2020, 18:14   #911
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Confirmed.
Kyle_Human: please be carefull of your futur posts at EAB, if we still have complains we will ban you.
Old 11 April 2020, 21:17   #912
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK View Post
Confirmed.
Kyle_Human: please be carefull of your futur posts at EAB, if we still have complains we will ban you.
Hi RCK,

I've been offline from EAB most of the day...

Been thinking about Kyle_Human's smart-ass post to me i.e:

Quote:
...plus his condescending replies to numerous long standing members; not to mention multiple reported posts... all in such short time on EAB.

You know, we don't really need people like this here.

@Kyle_Human; go terrorise another Amiga forum... I've now permanently banned you, good riddance!!!
Old 12 April 2020, 00:17   #913
DamienD
Banned

All subsequent posts regarding Kyle_Human's banning have been moved to Off-Topic.

Back to discussion in relation to the thread title please.

Last edited by DamienD; 12 April 2020 at 00:37. Reason: Spelling mistake...
Old 15 April 2020, 10:03   #914
Rotzloeffel

Quote:
@Kyle_Human; go terrorise another Amiga forum... I've now permanently banned you, good riddance!!!
Thank you, very, very much !
Old 25 April 2020, 15:40   #915
SpeedGeek

WOW! With no fresh news to keep this thread on topic look what happens...

Anyway, back to topic now:

Stipulated MOTION to Continue Trial Date and Related Dates by Three Months to Facilitate Settlement Discussions , filed by Counter Claimants Amiga, Inc, Itec, LLC, Defendants Amiga, Inc, Amino Development Corporation, Cloanto Corporation, Itec, LLC, Consol Plaintiffs Amiga, Inc, Amino Development Corporation, Cloanto Corporation, Itec, LLC. Noting Date 4/24/2020, (Atkins, Michael)

WTF? Hey, you idiot parties have been granted too many extensions already!
IMO the only valid reason to grant you another extension is circumstances beyond your control (e.g. The PANDEMIC!).
Old 25 April 2020, 21:38   #916
ferrellsl
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ferrellsl Send a message via Yahoo to ferrellsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedGeek View Post
WOW! With no fresh news to keep this thread on topic look what happens...

Anyway, back to topic now:

Stipulated MOTION to Continue Trial Date and Related Dates by Three Months to Facilitate Settlement Discussions , filed by Counter Claimants Amiga, Inc, Itec, LLC, Defendants Amiga, Inc, Amino Development Corporation, Cloanto Corporation, Itec, LLC, Consol Plaintiffs Amiga, Inc, Amino Development Corporation, Cloanto Corporation, Itec, LLC. Noting Date 4/24/2020, (Atkins, Michael)

WTF? Hey, you idiot parties have been granted too many extensions already!
IMO the only valid reason to grant you another extension is circumstances beyond your control (e.g. The PANDEMIC!).
To be fair, with all the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19, many of the parties involved can't even leave their home towns let alone travel to the legal venue. Many of the participants live on different continents so it shouldn't be a surprise that a continuance has been granted.
Old 25 April 2020, 22:10   #917
SpeedGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrellsl View Post
To be fair, with all the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19, many of the parties involved can't even leave their home towns let alone travel to the legal venue. Many of the participants live on different continents so it shouldn't be a surprise that a continuance has been granted.
Yes, I know but the request was not made for any of the above reasons, it was made for the same old reason as the previous requests...
Old 25 April 2020, 23:15   #918
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

If there are ongoing settlement discussions that are relevant to a suit, that's a very good reason to grant an extension. It works better for both the courts and involved parties when a settlement can be found instead of requiring a court decision.
Old 26 April 2020, 00:26   #919
ferrellsl
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ferrellsl Send a message via Yahoo to ferrellsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedGeek View Post
Yes, I know but the request was not made for any of the above reasons, it was made for the same old reason as the previous requests...
Well, I have to agree that there's been an excessive amount of foot-dragging, especially when it involves anything that Hyperion touches. Delaying the inevitable judgement against Hyperion gives Ben time to save up some cash to cover everyone's legal fees, so of course he's gonna try to put off hearings as long as possible. Especially in light of the fact that he isn't selling copies of OS4 since there isn't any OS4 hardware for sale and sales of OS3.1.4 can't be very high either.
Old 26 April 2020, 11:17   #920
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrellsl View Post
Well, I have to agree that there's been an excessive amount of foot-dragging, especially when it involves anything that Hyperion touches. Delaying the inevitable judgement against Hyperion gives Ben time to save up some cash to cover everyone's legal fees, so of course he's gonna try to put off hearings as long as possible. Especially in light of the fact that he isn't selling copies of OS4 since there isn't any OS4 hardware for sale and sales of OS3.1.4 can't be very high either.
Probably higher than anything OS4 related so far ... done with zero development costs (coders wordless for free) and mostly as digital download without any production cost...
(same business model as Cloanto ...)