English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.WinUAE - Kaillera

Old 26 August 2002, 04:57   #1
Amigaboy

Latest WinUAE Kaillera Implementation

I have just tested the latest WinUAE Kaillera implementation. The first thing to note is it runs using WinUAE 0.8.22, thus a better emulator base.

I have only tried this release on a LAN, so the speeds were great. Sane has put alot of effort into this release and it's definately a huge improvement over his previous ones (which were still cool).

I do have a couple of problems with it but they were very minor in the sense that they will not interfere with the game in any way...it's just because I'm used to the older WinUAE ways of doing things.

We tested the game with IK+ and it worked flawlessly. I have still yet to master the whole controls thing (with WinUAE Kaillera, not IK+), but I think I can figure it out if I really want to.

As I said before, I've only tested it on a LAN, so the quality would definately be alot better than playing on the net (dialup or broadband), but if what Sane and Torak have said previously are true, I don't think it would matter much since very little bandwidth is used..

As I type this, I just thought of something which should have been implemented....When we were playing, we were shouting across the house things like "Are you on the uncrunching screen now?" and "Is it running at full speed?", etc....MAME Kaillera implementations allow you to press 'T' and talk while playing...Sane? Something like that maybe (obviously not using 'T')

Overall. A great release, and coupled with the latest WinUAE, it's fantastic. This is definately the release that will get more people involved in multiplayer Amiga gaming

Old 26 August 2002, 09:49   #2
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
:)

oooh tasty, I`m on a nice little LAN, I might have to give this a go!

thanks for the info
Old 27 August 2002, 09:42   #3
§ane

Re: Latest WinUAE Kaillera Implementation

Quote:
Originally posted by Amigaboy
We tested the game with IK+ and it worked flawlessly. I have still yet to master the whole controls thing (with WinUAE Kaillera, not IK+), but I think I can figure it out if I really want to.
I know you like to use the keyboard layouts, they're a bit messed up at the moment.

Quote:
As I said before, I've only tested it on a LAN, so the quality would definitely be alot better than playing on the net (dialup or broadband), but if what Sane and Torak have said previously are true, I don't think it would matter much since very little bandwidth is used..
100ms and better pings are great for real time games, a 400ms ping would be adequate for turn based.

Quote:
MAME Kaillera implementations allow you to press 'T' and talk while playing...Sane? Something like that maybe (obviously not using 'T')
I hope to implement a GUI based chat feature, a console would be a nice addition too, but I can't tell if either will make it in the next release.

Quote:
Overall. A great release, and coupled with the latest WinUAE, it's fantastic. This is definitely the release that will get more people involved in multiplayer Amiga gaming
But a little early, a good little review as always.
Old 17 September 2003, 15:18   #4
Mozzy

the website says it supports more than two players we (me and some friends) are currently trying to get master blaster to work over it and we can get 2 players working fine but how do we get 3 or above? what line in the config do we change as there are no options in the gui?
Old 17 September 2003, 17:24   #5
Mozzy

sorry... my bad... must read things properly... that support was listed in "coming freaures/goals"
Old 17 September 2003, 17:31   #6
§ane

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozzy
the website says it supports more than two players
This is true for the second release version.

Quote:
we can get 2 players working fine but how do we get 3 or above? what line in the config do we change as there are no options in the gui?
So I take it you are all running Release 2 Beta 2. Good. There is no need to change anything anywhere! Wait for all players to join before pressing "Start game".

Quote:
we (me and some friends) are currently trying to get master blaster to work over it
You're referring to "Masterblazer" the two player split-screen game..?

If it's a tournament, figure out between you who will be who, standby until it is your designated turn, don't fidget with the controls while it's another player's shot.

Be a good idea to "disconnect" controllers not in use, particularly the Mouse.
Old 19 December 2003, 13:17   #7
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Hmm, so where do we actually download this V2 Kaillera beta?
Old 27 December 2003, 17:11   #8
RCK
Administrator

http://kaillera.abime.net/
Old 05 December 2004, 02:48   #9
drnovice

Quote:
Overall. A great release, and coupled with the latest WinUAE, it's fantastic. This is definately the release that will get more people involved in multiplayer Amiga gaming
Lastest WinUAE? you refer to release 0.9.91 ??

Old 05 December 2004, 04:03   #10
oldpx

26 August 2002, 05:57

Old 05 December 2004, 05:27   #11
Photon

Sane, they were trying to play Master Blaster, a Bomberman clone, only 10 times as good. You never heard of it?
Old 05 December 2004, 06:50   #12
oldpx

17 September 2003, 16:18

Old 05 December 2004, 14:17   #13
Marcuz

LOL! colorful
Old 06 December 2004, 01:05   #14
drnovice

Wel,l I read dates but I'm only asking about that quote... is there anything to bad?

Old 06 December 2004, 01:09   #15
BippyM
Global Moderator

Look at the dates and you'll realise that winuae 0.9.91 wasn't released back then

THats what ParallaxScroll (what a name Burseg!!) meant!
Old 06 December 2004, 01:11   #16
oldpx

Amigaboy is no longer posting here and winuae kaillera is no longer being updated. In addition to this, it is very obvious that he is not refering to 0.9.91. I don't mean there is anything bad with your post but it makes no sense.

Old 06 December 2004, 07:50   #17
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxScroll
I don't mean there is anything bad with your post but it makes no sense.
Ah, the Chewbacca Wookie/Johnny Cochrane defence! (South Park fans will remember this one-including Amigaboy, whereever he is now )
Old 06 December 2004, 08:14   #18
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxScroll
17 September 2003, 16:18
It's hard to be seen as patronising when it's done in such wonderful colours. Well done Burralax Scroll

Old 06 December 2004, 11:42   #19
drnovice

http://www.winuae.net/frames/history.html

Sorry but before I didn't know release date of 0.9.91..

Old 06 December 2004, 13:53   #20
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
It's hard to be seen as patronising when it's done in such wonderful colours. Well done Burralax Scroll
righto