English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 January 2022, 13:05   #1
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Amiga Stream - Cannon Fodder - Real Hardware!

I'm doing an Amiga stream tonight at 20:30 UK time and will be streaming Cannon Fodder, by all means pop by and say hello!

http://www.twitch.tv/retropassionuk

Thanks!!
Old 17 January 2022, 13:58   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Cannon Fodder eh? Alright, interest peaked.
Old 17 January 2022, 14:33   #3
Gordon
Settler

Judging by all the negative feedback I am seeing recently, maybe your time streaming is better spent responding to customer queries and finishing jobs so they get their things quicker?

Seeing you sending Jools and Jops to their impending doom while they wait for their motherboards back may ruffle some feathers.
Old 17 January 2022, 14:45   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I don't really know what you hope to achieve by posting that, there is a time and a place. This is not the place.
Old 17 January 2022, 14:54   #5
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Judging by all the negative feedback I am seeing recently, maybe your time streaming is better spent responding to customer queries and finishing jobs so they get their things quicker?

Seeing you sending Jools and Jops to their impending doom while they wait for their motherboards back may ruffle some feathers.
By all means send me links to the negative feedback so I can respond to them as there is always details not mentioned in these types of posts.

Also this is 20:30 in the evening which is 'my personal time' and enjoying the other side of the Amiga :-)

I'm going to try and save Jools and Jops for as long as I can, see you there!

Last edited by RetroPassionUK; 17 January 2022 at 17:00.
Old 17 January 2022, 14:59   #6
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Cannon Fodder eh? Alright, interest peaked.
LOL well I'm not promising I'm going to complete it!!! I will have more chance completing Halo in one sitting that Cannon Fodder!
Old 17 January 2022, 17:40   #7
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah well Halo is pretty tame compared to early 90's games that were built to physically hurt you
Old 17 January 2022, 19:13   #8
dreadnought

Halo should be played on Legendary difficulty level - it's a completely different game then.
Old 18 January 2022, 03:54   #9
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

Seconded!

The self proclaimed saviour of the Amiga Scene trying to be the self proclaimed saviour of the Canon fodder scene.
Old 18 January 2022, 09:45   #10
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Stop it with the cancel culture BS. You've probably already voiced your grievances the moment you first had it, this is borderline harassment.
Old 18 January 2022, 14:15   #11
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Stop it with the cancel culture BS. You've probably already voiced your grievances the moment you first had it, this is borderline harassment.
Oh no! I’ve surprisingly upset a member of the RP fan club. Shocker!

This is a public forum. If you post on here, then people can have a say.

RP knows the perils of this. Plus he’s a big boy now, so looking at his responses he’s got his own back

But like the last poster I agree with his comment. Just goes to show if a reseller comes on here and boasts how good they are. But is letting people down then trying to make friends by playing games on Twitch to make it up. Then you are going to get flack.
Old 18 January 2022, 15:41   #12
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpor View Post
Oh no! I’ve surprisingly upset a member of the RP fan club. Shocker!

This is a public forum. If you post on here, then people can have a say.

RP knows the perils of this. Plus he’s a big boy now, so looking at his responses he’s got his own back

But like the last poster I agree with his comment. Just goes to show if a reseller comes on here and boasts how good they are. But is letting people down then trying to make friends by playing games on Twitch to make it up. Then you are going to get flack.
It was a great stream, you forget how difficult Cannon Fodder is! You can watch it on Twitch for the next 14 days and it will also be on YouTube soon.

Hope to see you there!
Old 18 January 2022, 15:48   #13
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Seconded!

The self proclaimed saviour of the Amiga Scene trying to be the self proclaimed saviour of the Canon fodder scene.
Yep got to Level 7 with 19 troops left, will stream this in the near future :-)
Old 18 January 2022, 16:08   #14
jotd
This cat is no more

It's amazing(ly stupid) to be lambasted because you're playing cannon fodder and not replying to customers round the clock.

(posting this during my work time, are you going to say something? I'm working for a big company you know).
Old 18 January 2022, 16:25   #15
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
I don't really know what you hope to achieve by posting that, there is a time and a place. This is not the place.
Sorry gimbal I do not like to do it, but I haven't threadjacked and I have not gone off discussion because there was no discussion. It was just an advert to try and drum up a few more customers because they may think being nice in front of the camera may give off a good impression.
But as I say it is not fair he gets to enjoy his computer while others have been waiting months for the motherboards back or waiting for 5 words to let them know the status of their order.

I don't see Mr AmigaKit advertising streams...
Old 18 January 2022, 16:36   #16
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
It's amazing(ly stupid) to be lambasted because you're playing cannon fodder and not replying to customers round the clock.

(posting this during my work time, are you going to say something? I'm working for a big company you know).
No but I don't know what you do. It is not about replying round the clock, it's about showing off.
It's like if you were a spoon seller and I order one off you, but I have waited months and not got it, but then you put a photo on instagram using your spoon while I am eating soup with my hands.....its not nice!
Not the best analogy but you get my point?
Old 18 January 2022, 16:49   #17
jotd
This cat is no more

I get your point. Can't blame you about being pissed about bad service. Not sure if that was worth derailing the thread.
Old 18 January 2022, 17:29   #18
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

I find this entertaining, as its like a broken record, repeating the same thing over and over, but if they get something out of it I'm glad I can help they just want a :-)

You don't see them in Instagram being negative, they don't come on the twitch stream with their virtual pitch forks and the reason why is that there are a lot more positive good people out there that enjoy the hobby for what it is and appreciate what some of us do in the community.
Old 18 January 2022, 18:19   #19
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaPassion View Post
I find this entertaining, as its like a broken record, repeating the same thing over and over, but if they get something out of it I'm glad I can help they just want a :-)

You don't see them in Instagram being negative, they don't come on the twitch stream with their virtual pitch forks and the reason why is that there are a lot more positive good people out there that enjoy the hobby for what it is and appreciate what some of us do in the community.
Hmmm… you don’t do much for the community except take peoples Monies and run!

I re-iterate my last comment. “the self proclaimed saviour of the Amiga Community”.

If you can’t take the flak. Then start sorting out the issues.
The only reason it’s sounding like a broken record, is the fact you are still not sorting out peoples issues. Then blaming people for giving half truths to cover your arse!

Oh and did I mention this is a Forum. So yes I will have my say
Old 18 January 2022, 20:13   #20
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Hmmm… you don’t do much for the community except take peoples Monies and run!

I re-iterate my last comment. “the self proclaimed saviour of the Amiga Community”.

If you can’t take the flak. Then start sorting out the issues.
The only reason it’s sounding like a broken record, is the fact you are still not sorting out peoples issues. Then blaming people for giving half truths to cover your arse!

Oh and did I mention this is a Forum. So yes I will have my say
Jpor I like it when you reply as you keep my threads near the top of the list.

And what flak? Is that what you think your giving? Let me tell you what you're giving (free of charge), and that is entertainment and that's all it is. You are that friend or person you know, you know the one you bring along to a party because they are a good laugh and will ruffle a few feathers for attention and come out with some corkers, completely harmless but very entertaining, Jpor you are that friend and for that I salute you!

Over to you!