English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 21 March 2009, 01:37   #1
absence

SidMon

Does anyone know where I can find SidMon with documentation? Or explain how the phase shift effect works.
Old 23 March 2009, 02:25   #2
Skope
Protracker

Certainly sir! It can be both found and downloaded from here: ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/trackers/Amiga/SidMon/

If you are referring to pulse-width modulation, the answer is right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation
Old 23 March 2009, 11:40   #3
absence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope View Post
Certainly sir! It can be both found and downloaded from here: ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/trackers/Amiga/SidMon/

If you are referring to pulse-width modulation, the answer is right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation
Thank you for the links. I'm still looking for some documentation however. I'm familiar with PWM, but I don't think that's what it is. See the following screenshot: http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/File:Sidmon_Wave.png

It's the phase shift and phase speed parameters that I can't quite figure out. For PWM you need a pulse wave, but Sidmon seems to use custom wave tables rather than predefined waves.

I also tried to download a couple of Sidmon tunes from Exotica in order to examine them, but I couldn't get them to load no matter what I tried. The age of the program really shines through.
Old 23 March 2009, 18:38   #4
Skope
Protracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by absence View Post
It's the phase shift and phase speed parameters that I can't quite figure out. For PWM you need a pulse wave, but Sidmon seems to use custom wave tables rather than predefined waves.
Hmm I wonder if this is the same principle as when applying the EFF command on a small looping waveform sample (guess one would call it "chip-sound") in protracker. If so maybe there's better luck finding a protracker doc for explanation.
Old 25 March 2009, 00:21   #5
absence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope View Post
Hmm I wonder if this is the same principle as when applying the EFF command on a small looping waveform sample (guess one would call it "chip-sound") in protracker. If so maybe there's better luck finding a protracker doc for explanation.
Is that a guess? Which version of Protracker are you refering to? EFx can be either funk repeat or invert loop.