English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 July 2002, 17:42   #1
Unregistered

Defender of the Crown

I am having a problem with winfellow I can't get it to work with defender of the crown. It some wut works but at times doesn't: When u start the game up sometimes it jumps to the end screen of the game. At other points I can't go raid other enemies castles b/c u can't see the men and the game just stops. There aren't any ememies fighting u either. Do i have a corrupt rom version or do i have to set new settings or is it my kickstart rom?

Old 25 July 2002, 06:12   #2
RocketMack

I've tried three or four (maybe more) versions of Defender of the Crown in WinFellow for the last year. All attempts have proved futile. Sometimes the start-up music is too slow or too fast, sometimes the game ends right off the bat, and never can you see the characters when you try to go raiding a castle...

I have about thirty or so fantastic games that won't work in WinFellow for the time being. I hang on to them hoping that future upgrades of my favorite emulator will remedy this. I also have around 450 great games that do work perfectly with WinFellow, so I'm happy with the odds.

It may work in WinUAE, I don't know. But if you haven't already, try the search option at the top of the page for "Defender of the Crown" to see what options have been discussed in the past for this problem. It's a very popular title...

Old 25 July 2002, 20:45   #3
Djay
95th User

i can confirm the Defender of the Crown works with WinUAE, the version i tested was 08.08.R8, infact, i completed it!!! without using the Knights cheat.