Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 22 March 2014, 07:44   #1281
Amigan123

Red face Compact Adapter

Sorry my mistake I was half asleep and forgot to actual list the new
design.

its now available from link below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=141232479180

I have multiple listings because they end at different times, so I don't have to renew in one go.

Also I also list Atari ST (Boo Hiss) Adapters Too!
Old 22 March 2014, 09:28   #1282
roy bates

thanks for the link.

ive got an atari st so no boo hiss from me.
Old 22 March 2014, 16:51   #1283
Amigan123

Wink Atari Adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
thanks for the link.

Ive got an atari st so no boo hiss from me.
Yes I do Atari ones two except they have trailing socket due to the Atari underside socket being a pain to keep accessing.

Back in the day I actually had an ST First due to being approx. £100 cheaper then got an Amiga when the A600 came out.
Old 22 March 2014, 18:23   #1284
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigan123 View Post
Yes I do Atari ones two except they have trailing socket due to the Atari underside socket being a pain to keep accessing.

Back in the day I actually had an ST First due to being approx. £100 cheaper then got an Amiga when the A600 came out.

swings and sways like any other system.
my first system was the c64.
i think everyone has a system they like or dislike over others.

if people have multiple systems on lots of platforms they appreciate them for there good and bad points.

good luck with your sale.
Old 24 March 2014, 22:25   #1285
Big-Byte
Long time member

Some Amiga games I've stuck on ebay tonight (3 day auction)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fields-of-...-/400683357113

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Special-Fo...-/400683357805

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jungle-Str...-/400683358190

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/War-in-the...-/400683358525

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Coverdi...-/400683361207

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Historylin...-/400683365771
Old 26 March 2014, 23:19   #1286
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Curious:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Commodore-Ami...bbd905b&_uhb=1
Old 27 March 2014, 23:10   #1287
Amicol

I wonder if moley bought this....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amiga-1200...p2047675.l2557
for £100 phew!
Old 27 March 2014, 23:37   #1288
scrappysphinx

Earsham looks closer to Norfolk which is where airey36 is located I believe.

Great deal if it did go for £100 though
Old 27 March 2014, 23:54   #1289
Amicol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappysphinx View Post
Earsham looks closer to Norfolk which is where airey36 is located I believe.

Great deal if it did go for £100 though
It did go for £100. My friend was watching it. Apparently the guy selling it got this from a house clearance. Someone's going to resell for a big profit I think....
Old 28 March 2014, 00:39   #1290
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
One of the traders I imagine, Airey has plenty of competition now, they all jump on auctions as soon as they're listed making offers outside eBay.
Old 28 March 2014, 11:39   #1291
Mr B

Since this is the thread about eBay links... I got a "Micromys V3 PS/2 Mouse Adapter" that i bought a while back. (Actually, 01/03/2011. Never got around to use it, Amiga compatible mouse still working.)
Now, more for comfort then anything else, i'm starting to look for a optical mouse, with scrollwheel that would be supported by this thing, and the FreeWheel software. I'm sort of thinking cabled, wireless would be good, but for some reason i think battery operation might hamper me when ever i pull the A1200 out of storage.
So, anyone know a optical / lazer cable-connected quality mouse with scroll, that is PS2 compatible enough to work with the Micromys V3, and still available to buy, lie of eBay?

I expect links, hence this thread ;- )
Old 28 March 2014, 11:53   #1292
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Since this is the thread about eBay links... I got a "Micromys V3 PS/2 Mouse Adapter" that i bought a while back. (Actually, 01/03/2011. Never got around to use it, Amiga compatible mouse still working.)
Now, more for comfort then anything else, i'm starting to look for a optical mouse, with scrollwheel that would be supported by this thing, and the FreeWheel software. I'm sort of thinking cabled, wireless would be good, but for some reason i think battery operation might hamper me when ever i pull the A1200 out of storage.
So, anyone know a optical / lazer cable-connected quality mouse with scroll, that is PS2 compatible enough to work with the Micromys V3, and still available to buy, lie of eBay?

I expect links, hence this thread ;- )
I've got a Logitech M-BJ58 like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-2-B...-/111291723777 with an adapter, as it is USB.

It works perfect with the Micromys V4. The scroll too, just installing the drivers on my AmiKit Real version.
Edit: AmiKit Real already has installed Freewheel, so you only need the Micromys drivers: http://www.micromys.de/Micromys.lha

Edit: Look at this too http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-M-B...-/200946639689
The brand is half deleted. I guess you clean it with alcohol and you've got an ivory white mouse without brand perfect for an Amiga.

And I want to comment: since you install it, the pointer moves much more smoothly on the screen.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 March 2014 at 12:54.
Old 28 March 2014, 16:46   #1293
Mr B

How is that mouse on uneven, or shiny surfaces?
(Uneven, i'm thinking like frosted glass, PC cases and similar.)

The USB adapter i got a bunch of, shouldn't be a problem. It just has to be PS2 compatible, which not all USB mice are. Lately, at least around here, it's a lot of hit and miss, or i'd simply buy a new one in a local store.
Old 28 March 2014, 17:18   #1294
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
How is that mouse on uneven, or shiny surfaces?
(Uneven, i'm thinking like frosted glass, PC cases and similar.)

The USB adapter i got a bunch of, shouldn't be a problem. It just has to be PS2 compatible, which not all USB mice are. Lately, at least around here, it's a lot of hit and miss, or i'd simply buy a new one in a local store.
Yes, you can hit and miss and buy whatever. I tell you this because is the one I use with a ps2 adapter. I can't tell you "how good" is it, I find it perfect on different surfaces. Anyhow I use to use a mouse mat and not frosted glass, on the sand or Pc cases

I have also the first mouse Mounty made with his adapter. That mice used to stop working and didn't like at all shiny surfaces; just wasn't working there and I had to change the mat.
Another thing is the cable. Some cables are too rigid; this is very flexible.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 March 2014 at 17:26.
Old 28 March 2014, 17:23   #1295
Mr B

I actually use the marble living-room table, when it's in the living room, or as now, when it hooked up in the server rack for testing, i run the mouse on top of the rack mounted gear. Thank you for the tip, and the follow-up info.

Just found my self with an email looking at a link to a local reseller that has white Logitech RX250. Instant recognition. I used to sell these with my PC systems, only, those were black. As far as i remember there wasn't any issues using them with the v3.

I suspect the side to side function of the scroll wheel to be 4'th and 5'th buttons, and they might not work, but the rest should. Or so i think. I think i'll snag 2, and put them away for the future. (They are the equivalent of 9 bucks each, brand new. I should get a box and resell them for profit, muahaha...) A quick search turns up GGS-data here in sweden, that sells a Micromys v4 boundled witht he RX250. My own old thread about my own V3 and the box of black RX250's i used to have, also shows up. So it's pretty much confirmed that this mouse works, and i actually thought it was fairly ok. It was just black, so it didn't last. Sold them mice with PC systems... Didn't remember that thread, or what the mice was named, so it was just a lucky shoot in the dark that it turned up like this. I'm buying em on monday.
Old 28 March 2014, 17:34   #1296
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

LOL... must be a casuality because I do not have so much mouses...

I have that exact model RX250 too, and it was the first one I tried. I changed it for the other of my link, the M-BJ58 as I like it more. The RX is now stored in a box under the table where I am writting .

Edit: So yes, both work. I don't know the specs of each one, but I find this more precise, more smooth the movement -just my feelings-.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 March 2014 at 19:14.
Old 28 March 2014, 18:03   #1297
Mr B

Was there any amiga specific reasons you prefered the M-BJ58 over the RX250? Seeing as i've used the RX250 a LOT over the years, i know i could live with it, but i never did use it much on the Amiga.
I confessed this over and over, The Amiga is some way of my inner child to act out and do all the things it couldn't do when it ruled my body. Back then there was so much i couldn't afford, just a luck of the draw that i managed to buy a second hand A1200 to start with. With that in mind, all the mouse is ever going to get to do is play games. A 2 button, no scroll, mouse, would work just fine, (actually, it does, since thats what i got currently) but a good spare should have all the options available.

The Logitech M-BJ58 is a 800DPI unit. Polling the USB can apparently be done at rates of up to 1kHz. Pretty amazing for a budget mouse aimed at office use. But nothing that will ever be critical on the Amiga, i suppose. Over all i think the M-BJ58 is a better mouse, but for the price of one, with shipping from the states to here, i can get 4 RX250's, and still have a little over to buy icecream. Main "issue" with the RX250 if my memory is right, is that it's not exactly great at tracking where your actually going. It has some skipping issues, and it tends to want to go vertical, or horizontal rather then on a diagonal for what ever reason. Known issues, and as i said, i think i can live with em for the price difference. Going to suck on it over the weekend, and go down there on monday.

Again, huge thanks for acting as a bulletin board. I toss a lot of junk on it, and see what sticks, and try to go with that.
Old 28 March 2014, 18:11   #1298
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

i use these for my amiga and they work great

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUST-1586...item1e74ece334
Old 28 March 2014, 19:29   #1299
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

The RX is 1000dpi and the M-BJ58 800dpi. Dunno, I like more the last. Perhaps it is the click of the buttons or just the color of my models. As I say 800dpi is enough to work perfect, at least for me.

Well, both run without problems anyway.
Old 28 March 2014, 20:09   #1300
Mr B

M-BJ58 always was a good mouse. The RX250 has been criticized for having a tad to cheap optical sensor, causing the slight preference to go horizontal, or vertical rather then diagonal. It's not really an issue, and i'm not even sure how noticeable it is on the Amiga. But since i can get them for peanuts, i think i'll snag a pair.

Johnim, thank you to for your great input. That Trust mouse is about the same price as the RX250, + shipping. But in honesty, the main reason to pick the RX250 over it is superficial. Color. Call me racist if you have to, but i want my A1200 to have a similar color mouse. :- )