English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 11 November 2007, 21:45   #1
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Question [Found: Chasm] Puzzle game written in Flash, set in desert, involv. diverting water

This is a bit off topic but I am trying to remember a slick puzzle game that I played somewhere between 1 and 5 years ago (small range I know!) that was written in flash.

I think it was written by 2 guys who did about 6 months of research from memory, taking photos and stuff for locations on their trip.

The game was set in the desert. I am not 100% sure but think you had just 1 guy to control (but possibly there were 2), and had to divert water from a dam or river to flow down the valley. The plot had something to do with a nice lush area that slowly had the water stolen from it by guys that diverted it all away.

As for the gameplay, you started walking up a steep cliff (graphics and areas that wouldn't look out of place in Road Runner) and there were dodgy little platforms made of bits of timber and nails, very cartoon like. Paths had junctions where you could choose to go a different way, you couldn't die from falling off the platforms. There were areas you had to activate a switch or turn a big wheel to get the water to flow, gates to cross etc. At the top of the cliff was some big concrete-like station and you could change some switches around that made the water flow across to the other side.

After getting the water diverted there were 4 large pipes you had to get up, and I thought there was some kind of maze to get up the pipes. The pipes were a spaghetti maze. Water slowly dripped down the pipes, maybe the more water flow showed which way you had to go.

The version I played I think had a bug at the end where you seemed to get stuck in the pipes, but maybe that has been fixed by now.

Does this game ring a bell with anyone? It was definitely written in Flash, so not an Amiga game. But I didn't want to post in off-topic as so many people don't read that anymore!

Last edited by Codetapper; 11 November 2007 at 23:42.
Old 11 November 2007, 23:41   #2
Codetapper

Update: I have found it, it's called Chasm. Well worth a look!
Old 11 November 2007, 23:56   #3
BippyM
Global Moderator

link?
Old 12 November 2007, 06:23   #4
Codetapper

http://www.google.com/search?q=chasm
Old 12 November 2007, 20:33   #5
BippyM
Global Moderator

hmmm /me get's a slapped wrist

Cheers CT
Old 12 November 2007, 21:12   #6
Codetapper

Anyone here tried the game? What do you all think?
Old 12 November 2007, 21:16   #7
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

I remember playing this a while back. Seems nice but I find it really hard to get into flash games for some reason.
Old 12 November 2007, 21:23   #8
Dizzy
Pirate

it's good fun, remember playing it some time ago