English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 14 January 2010, 14:58   #41
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Hey meynaf, it's me again

I tried this solo thing again, this time with a reincarnated Halk. It's going much better. He has 200 health now and is Journeyman Fighter and Ninja, Apprentice Priest and Novice Wizard. His equipment is full metal armor from the big armored guy which I managed to kill He still has food and water left too, and I'm still in the hall of champions killing monsters Turns out this part of the game is much easier than I thought, hehe.

Quote:
You cannot kill all the enemies one by one coz you're not strong enough.

And you're not supposed to do that...
It is possible. I've cleared about 3/4 of the hall of champions now. Here's the save file: savegame.zip

Last edited by Thorham; 14 January 2010 at 15:29.
Old 14 January 2010, 15:48   #42
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Why port the Atari ST version and not edit the Amiga version? - Sounds intresting though porting the ST version.
Because the Atari ST version is much simpler. Really. CSBWin is based on ST version, too.

However, as time passes, features of Amiga versions come in this one, e.g. drink directly at a fountain or click on walls to detect hidden passages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
This could be because you used non-important items such as Screamer slices. Such items can disappear to make room in the item database.
Game has a limited room to store objects, and some monsters actually produce some. Those are marked as "flushable" ; if you want to mark places you'd better use objects that were here from the start.
Even DM2 does this object removeal. Changing this would require a completely incompatible format (this is what CsbWin did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan View Post
I killed every single monster in the object hall, been through the "slow/fast progression" part, found a diamond key. Now I'm running up and down every single level so far, but I'm stuck, really!
And I noticed screamers and worms re-generate no longer, I'm kinda starving!
How many keys (and of which type) did you find, and where ?

Quote:
It's a pity I can't progress any longer. I've really been anywhere and double-checked every single wall, button, corridor, everything. I just can't find the last damn key for the "concentrator". It seems there's no monsters left too, it's sooo silent in here! (and I feel damn lonely too! )
Didn't you miss one gold key ?

Quote:
Hi meynaf,

I've been trying your nightmare dungeon again. This time I'm doing it my way, and I'm going solo Guess what? I've found a way to kill the monsters in the hell, err, hall of champions Halk is now Craftsman Fighter, Craftsman Ninja, Novice Priest and Journyman Wizard, heheh.

The 'technique' isn't perfect yet, it's my first try with this method, and I've exhausted the food you can find early on (where the monsters don't follow), and Halks food is running in the yellows. However, it works, and I've basically allowed myself to take too much damage, resulting in having to rest a lot more than needed. With enough finesse it's probably possible to clear the whole hall of champions of monsters right from the start.

I'll let you know how it goes.
I would have told you I don't think you will kill all monsters in here without starving. But...

Quote:
Hey meynaf, it's me again

I tried this solo thing again, this time with a reincarnated Halk. It's going much better. He has 200 health now and is Journeyman Fighter and Ninja, Apprentice Priest and Novice Wizard. His equipment is full metal armor from the big armored guy which I managed to kill He still has food and water left too, and I'm still in the hall of champions killing monsters Turns out this part of the game is much easier than I thought, hehe.

It is possible. I've cleared about 3/4 of the hall of champions now. Here's the save file: Attachment 23956
You're quite a player, for sure !
Old 14 January 2010, 16:29   #43
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I would have told you I don't think you will kill all monsters in here without starving. But...
The key is to not get hit often, and to not get poisoned. That way you don't have to rest a lot, which saves food.
Quote:
You're quite a player, for sure !
Thanks for the compliment Although I must admit that this takes quite a few reloads
Old 14 January 2010, 21:40   #44
skan
Dream Merchant

Quote:
How many keys (and of which type) did you find, and where ?
Didn't you miss one gold key ?
No, I finally got the final gold key from the "heck button" room!
I put into the "Concentrator" two Diamond keys and one Opal key AFAIR?
Old 16 January 2010, 20:52   #45
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Hi meynaf,

After killing some more monsters in the hall of champions, only the rock piles and a single animated armor are left over. After running low on food, again, I lowered myself down to the worms. Those were easily dispatched After that, I killed the dragon. Man, that took a while. The fastest damage I could manage was with punches, but it was enough. Phew

Time to continue

PS: Those flying snakes s.u.c.k. I managed to kill a bunch and get a key from one of them.

Minor update:

I finally got to the food and water area, my troubles are over Was needed badly, because both my water skins were empty. Also got hold of a potion bottle, which was needed as well. Poison really sucks when you don't have one.

Halk is now:

Adept Fighter
Expert Ninja
Adept Priest
Adept Wizard

All I can say is that going solo is much better for me. That hall of champions just doesn't want me to recruit a full party. Furthermore, even if I did make it out, I would run into food and water problems quickly with four characters.

Minor update 2:

Ventured further, and got two keys I didn't have yet. Obtained the Boots of Speed and the Mail of Darc. Great armour, that darc mail, and it's better than having to wear a cursed item anyway. Also found various food stashes. Halk is now expert in every class. So far this dungeon has proved to be quite doable, but it's certainly not easy

Minor update 3:

Killed the second dragon. Now I have 19 dragon stakes Went from expert wizard/ninja to first level master for both. Guess I'll train a priest level now, and get that to master level 1 as well. Did you know that when you've reached the highest master level you can still gain levels for that class? The game doesn't show it, but internally it works that way.

Minor update 4:

Found the Garnet key and a Moon key. I think I completed Lethal Caughing Quite doable. Got Halk to level one master in everything except Wizard, he's level two master there. There's certainly a lot of food in the dungeon. Hope those dragon sstakes don't disappear on me (stored them in an alcove, so they should be safe, right?).

Last edited by Thorham; 19 January 2010 at 01:51.
Old 18 January 2010, 20:51   #46
Thorham
Computer Nerd

I've found a bug. When you place a chest in your hand to open it and then remove it and place it somewhere in the inventory, you can still click on the area which displays the chest items and grab the items as if theres a chest placed in the hand. It stays like this until you place another item in the hand and exit the inventory screen.
Old 22 January 2010, 15:56   #47
skan
Dream Merchant

It seems our skills scared Meynaf to death and he's now closed in the basement, buzy forging a new kick-ass dungeon!
Old 22 January 2010, 16:54   #48
meynaf
son of 68k

I'm not scared away, I've had bad monitor problems
Got an old tv now and am back in business (I hope !).

Let's see how far our pal Thorham can get. The nightmare dungeon still has some bad surprises in store
Old 22 January 2010, 17:02   #49
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
The nightmare dungeon still has some bad surprises in store
Yes, I know. Some areas are difficult, and I certainly hope I can get through. If I only I had a few more potion bottles, I only have three now
Old 29 January 2010, 10:47   #50
meynaf
son of 68k

New release is available ! (still same address)

It fixes bugs that have been signaled :
- magic foot prints now work as in original game
- chest bug in inventory fixed

Also, smallest dungeon has gained a few levels...

Note to Thorham : you can keep your saved game in the nightmare one so you won't lose your progression (that dungeon didn't evolve this time), but please use new code AND new graphics.dat.
Old 29 January 2010, 17:29   #51
skan
Dream Merchant

DOH! Does it mean I have to start the smaller dungeon over AGAIN?!?! NO WAY!!! ;D
And btw, I still can't find the missing key...
Old 29 January 2010, 19:43   #52
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
DOH! Does it mean I have to start the smaller dungeon over AGAIN?!?! NO WAY!!! ;D
Of course not. Just use the version you have now. Starting over for magic foot prints and a chest inventory bug (see above) isn't needed.
Old 30 January 2010, 12:13   #53
skan
Dream Merchant

Quote:
Of course not. Just use the version you have now. Starting over for magic foot prints and a chest inventory bug (see above) isn't needed.
Alas, I think that works only for the huge badass dungeon, not the smaller (newer) one. I tried to load my gamesave with the new .dats before, but it just didn't work...if I want to see the new levels, I must start over again. Or maybe I'm missing something. Meynaf?
Old 01 February 2010, 10:09   #54
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Sorry

Quote:
And btw, I still can't find the missing key...
Look at places you couldn't go. If everything fails, gimme yer saved game !

Quote:
This isn't exactly what he wanted...

Quote:
Alas, I think that works only for the huge badass dungeon, not the smaller (newer) one. I tried to load my gamesave with the new .dats before, but it just didn't work...if I want to see the new levels, I must start over again. Or maybe I'm missing something. Meynaf?
You've missed nothing. The game stores the whole dungeon in the saved game to keep track of its evolution. I would have loved allowing people to continue with old saved games, but this is not possible.
Old 21 February 2010, 17:05   #55
meynaf
son of 68k

I've made a new release of the archive. It fixes several code bugs, and adds two new levels in the main dungeon (even though no-one will reach them ). Also features some surprises to change some strategic aspects. The game can now be played 'til the end. Of course, even if you don't play that dungeon, using the new code is necessary.
Old 07 March 2010, 16:15   #56
meynaf
son of 68k

It appears everyone died in the dungeons. It's quite calm in here...
Old 24 March 2010, 21:08   #57
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
It appears everyone died in the dungeons. It's quite calm in here...
I've just started your less difficult dungeon. On my new Pentium 3 WinUae runs a lot better (had some problems with my old Pentium 3), and the game is perfectly playable Just played up to the screamer block with Halk (solo, of course ), decided to quit, and post to let you know I'm playing

The nightmare dungeon will have to wait until I get another A1200 mobo (going to happen pretty soon now). If something goes wrong with that (unlikely), I'll copy the progress I've made over to the peecee, but I'd rather not do that just yet, and besides, this new dungeon seems like it's fun, too, so I'll just play that for a while and see how far I can get.

Update:

I started playing seriously now, and I'm currently killing all those mummies right after the screamer block. Almost got my ass kicked there

Last edited by Thorham; 26 March 2010 at 17:21.
Old 22 April 2010, 13:24   #58
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
I started playing seriously now, and I'm currently killing all those mummies right after the screamer block. Almost got my ass kicked there
Any update here ?
Old 22 April 2010, 14:58   #59
skan
Dream Merchant

@meynaf
Oops, I forgot to send you my gamesaves and see what's wrong with the damn key...
To be honest, I lost interest in the dungeon since I had to start it all over for the 3rd (!!!) time to catch up with the updates...
Old 26 April 2010, 08:50   #60
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
@meynaf
Oops, I forgot to send you my gamesaves and see what's wrong with the damn key...
To be honest, I lost interest in the dungeon since I had to start it all over for the 3rd (!!!) time to catch up with the updates...
There will not be any update for quite a long time, so you can safely play the last release.

I'm still interested in your saved game, but please note that there was a way to lock yourself in the old version, that I fixed in the new one.