English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 07 February 2013, 01:42   #1
crazyegg

Pcd-50b SCSI Card Reader with A4000T LUNS Problem

Hi All,

I am having problems getting the Mechy SCSI card reader to work properly on my A4000T. Mechy has offered advice it did not solve the issue.

I am usings the built in SCSI controller. It only seems to recognize and format the PCMCIA slot (LUNS 0). I cannot format the other LUNS such as SD, CF etc.

Its weird because HDToolBox recognizes all the LUNS on the SCSI card reader but it does not allow for formatting: Explanation below...

After recognizing all the LUNS in HDToolBox, I continue to partition the rest of the LUNS (i.e. CF slot on LUNS 1) and "save settings". Upon reboot, I do not see the new CF volume (LUNS 1) on the desktop. Interestingly, the partition information is still saved on the LUNS 1 as reported by HDToolBox.

Why is the partition not showing up on the desktop?

I am using AmigaOS 3.9 and have also tried multiple brands of CF and SD cards to no avail.

NOTE: I have played with the SCSI DIP swiches on the A4000T in different combinations but its still not working. I always made sure that LUNS and Termination were turned "on".

Can anyone help shed some light on this? Thanks!
Regards,
ed...

Last edited by crazyegg; 07 February 2013 at 02:28. Reason: Extra Info:
Old 07 February 2013, 03:45   #2
k4lmp

Have you tried to format, and do all your work on a regular PC using WinUAE? I use these SCSI readers on three Amigas, 2 A2000s, and an A500+. I use GVP SCSI controllers in all, which work great with LUNs. The A2091 works fine, too, but is slower on bootup unless you use the adapter and LUN 0. I am not sure about the A4000, as I am not lucky enough to have one of those I have even booted up my A2000, and then inserted a SD card, formatted with WinUAE, that I use to transfer files. When inserted, it reads the slot and it pops up, just like when you pop in a floppy in the floppy drive. I don't know if I can help, but feel free to ask me, and if I can, I will help any way I can. Good luck.
Old 10 February 2013, 19:01   #3
crazyegg

Hi k4lmp,

Thanks for the tip. I will try fomatting on a different setup (WinUAE and another real Amiga).

The feature benefits you described are the main reasons why I decided on this purchase: hot swapping an SD card. Keep you posted!
Regards,
ed...