English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 21 September 2005, 16:18   #1
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Superfrog CD32 - Incorrect Install file Vs Diff Version

This is a message purely for Codetapper really, as it's his install script I've the problem with.

Either I have a diff CD version of Superfrog, or the script is a little muddled.

When you select to install the CD32 version it runs the part of the script...

(copyfiles
(help @copyfiles-help)
(source "Superfrog_AGA:sfdata")
(dest #dest)
(all)
)

my cd32 version has the structure "Superfrog_AGA:superfrog/sfdata" (it's not the islona one), so it naturally throws out an error...

so I edited the 3rd line to read:

(source "Superfrog_AGA:/superfrog/sfdata")

which copied the sfdata files across fine but then it does not copy across the superfrogCD and SFIntro files. (from the parent dir).

I think you need to edit the script a litte.

(This is def no the islona one though, as it's got different icons and layout in wb)

Just thought I'd let you know
Old 21 September 2005, 21:50   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Firstly this is *NOT* the place to report bugs. Do it via email or the WHDLoad website, not here. Would you report a WinUAE bug by going on Lemon and saying it's a post for Toni? I hope not...

The latest Superfrog install allows 2 CD versions to be installed. I do not own either of them and had to go from the directory listings given to me by the original suppliers to work out the paths. AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the script at all - pick the other CD version and try that. Proof:

Code:
    (				;----- CD³² version (Team 17) -----
      (message ("\nInsert your %s CD in any drive." @app-name))
      (copyfiles
        (help @copyfiles-help)
        (dest #dest)
        (all)
      )
    )

(				;----- CD version (Islona) -----
      (copyfiles
        (help @copyfiles-help)
        (source "Superfrog_AGA:SuperFrog/SFData")
        (dest #dest)
        (all)
      )
      (copyfiles
        (help @copyfiles-help)
        (source "Superfrog_AGA:SuperFrog")
        (pattern "(SFIntro|SuperFrogCD)")
        (dest #dest)
      )
Old 21 September 2005, 22:02   #3
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
Firstly this is *NOT* the place to report bugs. Do it via email or the WHDLoad website, not here. Would you report a WinUAE bug by going on Lemon and saying it's a post for Toni? I hope not...

The latest Superfrog install allows 2 CD versions to be installed. I do not own either of them and had to go from the directory listings given to me by the original suppliers to work out the paths. AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the script at all - pick the other CD version and try that. Proof:

Code:
    (				;----- CD³² version (Team 17) -----
      (copyfiles
        (help @copyfiles-help)
        (dest #dest)
        (all)
      )
    )

(				;----- CD version (Islona) -----
      (copyfiles
        (help @copyfiles-help)
        (source "Superfrog_AGA:SuperFrog/SFData")
        (dest #dest)
        (all)
      )
      (copyfiles
        (help @copyfiles-help)
        (source "Superfrog_AGA:SuperFrog")
        (pattern "(SFIntro|SuperFrogCD)")
        (dest #dest)
      )
Well...

the reason I posted it here is because I know you are actively a member here who reads and contributes to the posts and moderates this area of the forum. I'm sorry if you're not happy about me posting a 'bug' report here, I'll be sure never to do it again.

The main reason I did is because whenever I send a bug report to whdload the text in the report seems to remove all formatting and bump all the text up together (or at least it looks that way in the preview you get at the end after sending). This would have made my above post almost impossible to read.

Anyway... if the installer is indeed correct, you need to change the information that is offered to the user when installing. As the version I have here is NOT the islona one, and trying to install using the "CD32" option DOES NOT work. It would work if I chose the "Islona" option to install, however, so a small alteration to the install options is needed.
Old 22 September 2005, 03:22   #4
Codetapper

The text on all WHDLoad bug reports comes through as you paste it - the HTML preview you see is nothing like what we get.

I have not changed the CD32 install script at all so there must be a CD that exists with the main directory containing all files being Superfrog_AGA:sfdata - if some other people with the game could check I will consider changing it but I don't know what I would put anyway? There would then be a disk option, CD32 (Team 17), and this other hybrid CD32 (Team 17 + Islona) version? Won't that be just as confusing as having 2 CD entries as it currently does?
Old 22 September 2005, 10:58   #5
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
The text on all WHDLoad bug reports comes through as you paste it - the HTML preview you see is nothing like what we get.
That's good to know, I now know for the future eh.

Quote:
I have not changed the CD32 install script at all so there must be a CD that exists with the main directory containing all files being Superfrog_AGA:sfdata - if some other people with the game could check I will consider changing it but I don't know what I would put anyway? There would then be a disk option, CD32 (Team 17), and this other hybrid CD32 (Team 17 + Islona) version? Won't that be just as confusing as having 2 CD entries as it currently does?
Well, if people with the same version as me (it's the one in tosec that has been verified by at least two people as being 100%) try to install it, they'll obviously choose the "CD32" option, which will chuck out an error, that is all I'm saying. If you choose not to change it, then ok, I can manage without it.
Old 23 September 2005, 09:52   #6
Codetapper

The 2 versions that I was given directory listings of came from the original owners CD's. I trust their CD's more than an ISO dumped and probably named incorrectly in TOSEC!
Old 23 September 2005, 10:57   #7
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
The 2 versions that I was given directory listings of came from the original owners CD's. I trust their CD's more than an ISO dumped and probably named incorrectly in TOSEC!
You didn't read the bit about me saying 100% did you.

Duke and Idoru (and others) run a cd32 dumping project and it has very strict guidelines. I know because I've spent hours dumping most of my cd collection for them.

As I stated in my last post "If you choose not to change it, then ok, I can manage without it"

I'm bored now, someone delete this or something.
Old 23 September 2005, 12:01   #8
BippyM
Global Moderator

can't a script be written that checks for a file on the discs and then the installer automatically knows which of the 3 it is installing?

By the sounds of things files are in different places on the 3 discs so.. just check for a file that is in a diff folder on each to eliminate versions!

Anyway this thread has obviosly run its course so i'm gonna close it.