English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 12 January 2005, 19:55   #21
Psygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
All that uncopyprotected stuff, yes.. But these are few.
Nope
If the disk has dos tracks and if there is a (or several) mfm track for the protection, DIC will skip this track.
So if you have an adf (without the track protection), it can be installed with whdload
Old 13 January 2005, 06:49   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

At the moment, until RawDIC supports IPF files natively, there is a simply conversion process that you do in WinUAE by converting the .IPF files to MFMWarp files.

Rawdic 2.2 can decode these files without having to be written to floppy. The conversion process is quite painless, and most people with access to .IPF files, have access to a PC with a decent version of WinUAE.

After downloading Hellbent.IPF, I had it converted to .MFM, serial transferred across and started writing the Rawdic imager in less than 10 minutes. Its quite painless at the moment.

Standard DOS Images from a .IPF file are simply done with DIC, no need for WWarp, because it will generate a proper DOS image which you then transfer across and place in your directory.

I only use MFMWarp at the moment because its the most stable warper that RawDIC currently uses, and it works fine with WinUAE, and I've proved it because I've managed to go from an .IPF of Hellbent, to getting it installed thru WHDLoad on a real Amiga, without touching a floppy drive.

A year ago I didn't see the point in CAPS.... I was very very wrong
Old 13 January 2005, 08:50   #23
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Galahad - does this mean you could re-start the work on Treasure Trap now, seeing that it is in the CAPS ;-) :

1731 Treasure Trap
Old 13 January 2005, 15:02   #24
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

As soon as I get an image of Treasure Trap, I will indeed complete it, so for instance if TreasureTrap.IPF (ID:1731) found its way to my inbox at galahadfairlight@yahoo.co.uk, then you are correct Tomcat666, I would be able to do it
Old 13 January 2005, 15:05   #25
Frog

i've done an icon for it... it was planned to be released in a new package "soon"
Old 13 January 2005, 18:25   #26
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog
i've done an icon for it... it was planned to be released in a new package "soon"
'Thanks' for the sarcasm Frank!
Old 13 January 2005, 18:44   #27
Frog

sorry i understand the misunderstanding and i never wanted it consciously. I've effectively done an icon for it and it must be in my next Pygmicons package.

if you're interested i can send it to you

Last edited by Frog; 13 January 2005 at 18:49.
Old 13 January 2005, 19:14   #28
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Lightbulb Use WWarp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
I only use MFMWarp at the moment because its the most stable warper that RawDIC currently uses, and it works fine with WinUAE, and I've proved it because I've managed to go from an .IPF of Hellbent, to getting it installed thru WHDLoad on a real Amiga, without touching a floppy drive.
You are kidding right? WWarp is by far the most stable - MFMWarp will on occassion simply lockup when reading a disk and crash. It's like DMS in that respect, some games just can't be imaged.

WWarp is far safer to use as an intermediate step. And you can go directly from an IPF to WWarp on the Amiga side without needing WinUAE at all! (And I should know, I wrote the MFMWarp, NOMADWarp, ADF and WWarp support for RawDIC).
Old 13 January 2005, 19:22   #29
tomcat666
Retro Freak

I tought someone here might have it ;-) Searching for Treasure Trap IPF image high and low without success so far :-( If anyone here has it then it would be really nice if it would find its way to the said mailbox of one knight of the round table ;-)
Old 13 January 2005, 20:46   #30
Codetapper

So long as you only send an image of the game and not the physical disk - otherwise you won't get it back!
Old 13 January 2005, 21:45   #31
jotd
This cat is no more

Do I detect some malice there ?
Old 13 January 2005, 22:29   #32
Codetapper

Well Galahad has about 10 games from various people (and has had for between 1 and 2 years) and ignores all emails about when they will get them back. That's all - as soon as the disks are returned to their rightful owners I will return to my friendly, helpful self!
Old 13 January 2005, 23:17   #33
kametyken
Zone Friend

I've upped a (fast) wwarp image of the Treasure Trap disk to my server for anyone who feels qualified to write a WHDLoad slave for this game. I would even consider sending the disk to a qualified slave coder (continental europe only), if this is needed.

Treasure Trap WWarp Image
Old 14 January 2005, 07:21   #34
Codetapper

Arrow A warning and challenge to Galahad/FLT!

Please take heed of this warning and do not send physical disks to Galahad unless you are happy to never see them again.

I would love nothing more than for Galahad to return the disks he has kept and prove me wrong and I would be happy to make a big apology to everyone! The ball is in your court Galahad. Please do the decent thing and backup all the disks with the CAPS tool, upload them to the CAPS server then go to the post office and return them to their rightful owners.
Old 14 January 2005, 16:19   #35
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Carlo Pirri has sent me warp of Treasure Trap, now I can finish it.
Old 14 January 2005, 16:22   #36
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

As for peoples disks, they are quite safe, but packed away for when I move again.

Im not discussing this with you Ian, because basically, its got fuck all to do with you.

I didn't reply to the many emails I got regarding them because I wasn't around to read them. Now I am around, and the disks will be dealt with as and when.

In the meantime, instead of poking your nose into other peoples business (are they your disks?), why not finish off Speedball 2 WHDLoad instead, and channel your efforts into something more worthwhile? 98% and only packaging to do.... get on with it!
Old 14 January 2005, 20:12   #37
Codetapper

There, was that so hard? Why didn't you just tell those guys that sooner instead of ignoring them for 18 months?

BTW you have lots of installs supposedly on 100% complete so people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... And remember, no installs will be accepted anymore without source...
Old 14 January 2005, 21:23   #38
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Shouldn't be a condition just because the source code isn't present. I've had to hack my slave for Wolfpack to fix the game, I don't have the source to it until I resource it, which I'm REALLY looking forward to.

And, unlike you, I havent been around, so yes my listing is a little outdated, not that it makes much difference, because I'm pretty sure I listed both Garrison 1 & 2 and Yo! Joe!, but someone else still did them anyway. So lets not get into a debate about glass houses when people keep moving the goal posts!
Old 14 January 2005, 23:11   #39
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
BTW you have lots of installs supposedly on 100% complete so people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... And remember, no installs will be accepted anymore without source...
That's good. I wasn't aware of that. I now include source everytime anyway. But what about the "slaves for registered users only, crippled for the others" condition?
Old 15 January 2005, 12:32   #40
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Yes, Jeff, whilst I applaud the spreading of the source code (so tossers like me dont have hard drive failure and have to start again!), it makes an absolute mockery of the registered slave process.

On another note, and perhaps its entirely egotistical and selfish, but I spent a lot of work on some of my installs like Dragons Breath for instance, I include the source and anyone can now bastardise the source, or update the source without my involvement (as has happened already). I'm not ready to relinquish my control over my own installs unless I quit completely, in which case anyone who wants the sources to any of my installs/imagers is welcome to them. But it isn't right or fair that you should force people to include it Ian. Especially when 99.99% of the people downloading the install have precisely NO interest or ability to do anything with it. A better suggestion is every install done has the source uploaded with it, and it goes into a separate directory on WHDLoad.DE.

Commented source code makes it easier for people to rip off WHDLoad and the authors of the slaves, if they Resource the code they can still assemble it, but thats assuming they have a clue what its doing.

Just my two cents worth.