Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magix View Post
Upload Rules:
  • DO NOT upload "IPF Images"
How come?
Old 25 March 2009, 12:11   #42
Graham Humphrey

Because they're not allowed on EAB as it says in the forum rules so applies here as well. If they were allowed and were uploaded it wouldn't be allowed to be linked to on EAB.
Old 25 March 2009, 12:14   #43
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
How come?
Same rules as here on EAB, though I have to say that the part about IPF images isn't very clear.
Old 25 March 2009, 14:26   #44
Valken

I just tried out the new ftp and have some comments:

Pros:

- Presentation is nice and clean
- Grouping of various catagories really helps

Cons:

- The Zone! directory sorted by letters makes navigation hard since the files are not sorted by application type. I rather it have grouped in directories such as GAMES, UTILITIES, APPLICATIONS, ETC... since the upload directory is temp until the file is moved to a more permanent folder, correct? It should be similar to REQUESTS folder since it is temp.

- How will a user make a "request" since we cannot edit or add to any new directories to the "upload" folder?

- I would still prefer to also allow "download only" access to the ftp site with a ftp client since it is next to impossible to cue up files in batches.

EG: I have to monitor and click on each link, wait for it to finish, then click the 2nd link and so on.

- Can we have a "whitelist" of known applications or programs that we cannot upload? I already know we can't upload APC&TCP's but if I had not had to google the company name, I would not have known what not to upload!

Great job so far.
Old 25 March 2009, 14:39   #45
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
- The Zone! directory sorted by letters makes navigation hard since the files are not sorted by application type. I rather it have grouped in directories such as GAMES, UTILITIES, APPLICATIONS, ETC... since the upload directory is temp until the file is moved to a more permanent folder, correct? It should be similar to REQUESTS folder since it is temp.
I would like to have that too. You know where I can order it?
If you read the thread you'll see that I already said that I will clean the zone folder, but for now it's just splitted to reduce the loading time.

Quote:
- How will a user make a "request" since we cannot edit or add to any new directories to the "upload" folder?
Post it here or make an appropiate thread. TBH the request folder didn't really made sense. Folder will be deleted soon and content put into the appropiate folders.

Quote:
- Can we have a "whitelist" of known applications or programs that we cannot upload? I already know we can't upload APC&TCP's but if I had not had to google the company name, I would not have known what not to upload!
Ask here or in the PM when you request your upload account.
Old 25 March 2009, 14:49   #46
Graham Humphrey

I think it might be a good idea to have a text file on the server which has a list of what definitely (or at least of what we are aware) cannot be uploaded. So that could include keyfiles for programs like MUI and WHDLoad too.

And if we're not 100% sure of anything (because I'm sure the odd one will slip through) we can just say upload it but if anyone complains about it we'll then remove it and add it to the list.
Old 25 March 2009, 14:54   #47
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
I think it might be a good idea to have a text file on the server which has a list of what definitely (or at least of what we are aware) cannot be uploaded. So that could include keyfiles for programs like MUI and WHDLoad too.

And if we're not 100% sure of anything (because I'm sure the odd one will slip through) we can just say upload it but if anyone complains about it we'll then remove it and add it to the list.
Really a good idea Graham I would say we call it 'FTP Blacklist' or something like that. Would you mind to start it?
Old 25 March 2009, 14:58   #48
Graham Humphrey

No problem with me - it'll have to wait though as I'm at work right now, and am going out this evening so either I'll get something up very late tonight or very early in the morning if possible.
Old 25 March 2009, 15:16   #49
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, the ADF games folder in TOSEC is splitted now.
Old 25 March 2009, 17:34   #50
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Sorry to repeat my question, but:
I saw that the old Magix FTP is still active, but it doesn't accept the old user+pw... will it be shut down?
Old 25 March 2009, 17:44   #51
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yes.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=528176&postcount=9
Old 25 March 2009, 17:50   #52
Supamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
No, what I'm asking is:

is the old Magix FTP (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...&highlight=ftp) still active?

I can't enter it, neither with the new user+pw nor with the old.

Second question: will it be shut down?
Old 25 March 2009, 17:53   #53
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You will not be able to enter the FTP anymore, but it won't be shut down (switched off).
Old 25 March 2009, 17:57   #54
Supamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
You will not be able to enter the FTP anymore
Ok...

Quote:
but it won't be shut down (switched off).
Why not? Shut that thing down!
You'll save server space, if all contents are replicated on the new Web space.
Old 25 March 2009, 18:03   #55
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
That is a miracle that only Magix can tell you (or maybe not )
Old 25 March 2009, 18:07   #56
Supamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
That is a miracle that only Magix can tell you (or maybe not )
I was the one to get the 8000th post from you

Do I win something? Geee
Old 25 March 2009, 18:11   #57
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
Do I win something? Geee
Hmm, what about this flower :

Okay, please no OT posts about reaching 8000 here. Make a thread in OT if you like
Old 25 March 2009, 19:04   #58
Magix
calm down do how.

Send a message via ICQ to Magix
I do not understand why you are still trying to login the old ftp? I said that turned to web faced already.

This is because I have changed the old password.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax
I can't enter it, neither with the new user+pw nor with the old.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Nobody knows.
Quote:
Second question: will it be shut down?
There is a lot of wabspace for now.
Quote:
Old 25 March 2009, 20:55   #59
DH
Global Moderator

Great Somewhere for me to upload the cracking group names/abbreviations spreadsheet, when it's finished *cough*

And who exactly will be able to access it, everyone with an account to the ftp, that's who. I think I'll have to enable a special user password to it, as it's WIP, and cannot be allowed to get into the wrong hands and spread around the web unofficially (Joke)

I like the idea of having the ftp policed, if that's the word, nice bit of control there magix Oh! one more thing, how did TCD become an official ftp police sergeant I think I better watch out for him, he seems a bit dodgy if you ask me
Old 25 March 2009, 21:08   #60
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
And who exactly will be able to access it, everyone with an account to the ftp, that's who. I think I'll have to enable a special user password to it, as it's WIP, and cannot be allowed to get into the wrong hands and spread around the web unofficially (Joke)
Access (=view & download) : everybody who finds this thread and the contained info. So even 'strangers' can download stuff For uploads you have to ask for an account (will think twice if you get one [see below ]). Might be an idea to put it in a password protected archive and PM it to the ones that should access the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
I like the idea of having the ftp policed, if that's the word, nice bit of control there magix Oh! one more thing, how did TCD become an official ftp police sergeant I think I better watch out for him, he seems a bit dodgy if you ask me
You see that DemonHellraiser user-folder? The delete command is only one click anyway... Okay, only kidding Dunno why I was chosen (guess the renaming work and tender care for our beloved FTP helped a bit ), but I will try to do my best to keep the file server 'tidy'. Since Magix, Damien and Graham have other 'jobs', I guess I'm the one to do the 'dirty' work there Well I can live with it and will try to listen to all suggestions on how to organise it