English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 20 September 2004, 16:30   #1
Paul
RIP Friends

AmiGBG DVD now on sale

"After a lot of hard work by AmigaOne Productions and the AmiGBG-team they are now excited to present the AmiGBG-DVD. It is a feature packed Dual DVD set with more than 3.5 hours of footage from the fair. Including presentations by IBM, Hyperion, Individual Computers, Cloanto, Universal Space and More!"

Read more at amiga.org
Old 20 September 2004, 18:20   #2
Amiga1992

Complete boredom, I say. People buy this sort of crap?
"Support Amiga!", yeah, purchasing this :P
Old 25 September 2004, 19:06   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Complete boredom, I say. People buy this sort of crap?
"Support Amiga!", yeah, purchasing this :P
Have you actually seen the DVD to be able to make a comment like that ?

If you have and still think it's crap, then fair comment, please tell me why you think so, constructive critisism is always welcome.

Paul

AmigaOne Productions

(The person that actually bothered to make this "crap" ;-) )

Old 25 September 2004, 20:17   #4
c16

Think you hit a raw nerve their Akira

Old 25 September 2004, 20:30   #5
A1Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by c16
Think you hit a raw nerve their Akira
Nah, life's too short , if someone does not like what I do, I have no problem with that, you can't please everyone, but to make comment on a product that you have not seen just seems bad manners to me

Anyway, just wanted to point out that you never know who might be reading

Old 25 September 2004, 20:57   #6
oldpx

I read the thread from the last post to the top. I thought it was about some kind of software, you know, something boring that you use to produce stuff, but man this is exciting! The DVD footage of the amifagone fair that I wept so much because of missing that my kidneys bled! I WOULD LOVE TO WATCH THIS 3.5 HOUR MASTERPIECE SEVERAL TIMES!!!! SEND ME A DOZEN COPIES PLEASE!!! THIS IS WHAT I CALL, A PRODUCT!!!

Seriously, it doesn't matter the DVD is "good" or "bad", it's irrelevant to grade it. This is the prime example that you can stick "amiga" on a can of dog shit and sell it that way.

Old 25 September 2004, 22:01   #7
Amiga1992

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I have to agree with Burseg. I know it took you your time and all, your work is worth something, but this is has the excitement level of Trainspotting and I don't think buying it "helps the Amiga". If I buy your product, I encourage people (you or others) to keep releasing products of this sort and of this quality level. This certainly doesn't help the Amiga.

sorry, this is in my opinion the state of teh scene, sub-standard products are released and for the sake of "supporting the Amiga" anybody buys whatever crap thrown their way.

I know that you never know who might be reading, this doesn't change my opinion about this "product", it's not like I will now say "OMG sorry I didn't mean it!"

Just want to point out that it's dangerous to put a "product" label on whatever...
Old 25 September 2004, 22:08   #8
oldpx

If I make something for a customer that he doesn't want, I can't say that -I worked hard- as an excuse, because is he doesn't like it, it's all that matters. The case isn't exactly the same perhaps but working hard on something means nothing, not working hard means something in a negative sense but working hard is an obligation in the first place. I find the idea pointless, it's irrelevant to how hard the product is worked on or how "good" it is.

Old 26 September 2004, 01:19   #9
A1Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
If I make something for a customer that he doesn't want, I can't say that -I worked hard- as an excuse, because is he doesn't like it, it's all that matters. The case isn't exactly the same perhaps but working hard on something means nothing, not working hard means something in a negative sense but working hard is an obligation in the first place. I find the idea pointless, it's irrelevant to how hard the product is worked on or how "good" it is.
@Burseg and Thread in general

I agree, that you should not buy a product just because of it's label or branding. What I do object to is comments without even seeing the product.

If after seeing the work, someone has an opinion, whether good OR bad, then I can respect that, it is difficult to respect a point of view about the quality of a product from someone who has not even seen it.

The only reason that I ended up here was the fact that I do care about the quality of the work that I produce, and was looking for comments on how to do things better in the future :-)

Yes, some people will find the content boring if you are not into that sort of thing, but we live in a world of choice so if that's what people want, who are we to argue ?

If it's crap, tell me HOW it's crap :-) I am NOT looking for people to tell me that it is the best thing since sliced bread, that's no use either, but CONSTRUCTIVE Critism is ALWAYS welcome.

The amount of work that several people have put into this project should have something to do with quality, although that is not the only factor, it show it is not just a rushed together product, which is why it all takes time. But yes, that is not a reason in itself to puchase something.

Oh well I've probably waffled on far too much already,

Old 26 September 2004, 12:26   #10
Peanutuk

I agree that it isn't right to criticism something you haven't seen it really is judging a book by it's cover.

However people have different ideas of what the 'scene' is seeing the centre as nearer to them as to others; people are interested in different perespectives.

Vriticism is pointless unless it is specific and contructive so has anyone actually seen the DVD? Have you sold many copies A1 ?
Old 26 September 2004, 13:00   #11
oldpx

I never said anything that is remotely related to production quality.

Old 26 September 2004, 13:46   #12
A1Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutuk
I agree that it isn't right to criticism something you haven't seen it really is judging a book by it's cover.

However people have different ideas of what the 'scene' is seeing the centre as nearer to them as to others; people are interested in different perespectives.

Vriticism is pointless unless it is specific and contructive so has anyone actually seen the DVD? Have you sold many copies A1 ?
No, not many copies, but this is a small market, I didn't get involved in the project to make money out of (good job really )

Old 26 September 2004, 20:03   #13
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutuk

The thing is people that always talk about "constructive criticism is welcome" is expecting to receive good critics to their stuff, and not the negative bits. Criticism is not pointless, the DVD is aimed, supposedly, at the Amiga scene, and even when I am being part of it, my opinion is not taken into account because I didn't say anything good about it. This is the typical reaction, we had it in another thread with another developer.

At first glance at the "product" I see that it's something that doesn't interest me at all, and if the videos in the page are at least similar to what's in the DVD, I can clearly know what's it about and say "boring".

If you don't find this as constructive criticism, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 26 September 2004, 21:53   #14
A1Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
The thing is people that always talk about "constructive criticism is welcome" is expecting to receive good critics to their stuff, and not the negative bits. Criticism is not pointless, the DVD is aimed, supposedly, at the Amiga scene, and even when I am being part of it, my opinion is not taken into account because I didn't say anything good about it. This is the typical reaction, we had it in another thread with another developer.

At first glance at the "product" I see that it's something that doesn't interest me at all, and if the videos in the page are at least similar to what's in the DVD, I can clearly know what's it about and say "boring".

If you don't find this as constructive criticism, I wouldn't be surprised.
Thanks, Yes, that last post I can take as constructive, sorry if I mis-understood what you were getting at originally. Maybe I was just having a bad day ;-)

Old 26 September 2004, 22:11   #15
Peanutuk

By constructive criticism I mean saying what's you think is wrong with something and why. Just saying 'That's great!!!' doesn't fit the criteria neither does '"That's gay! Quack!".

I won't be buying the DVD because I'm not interested in it at all but I guess others will be.
Old 26 September 2004, 22:21   #16
oldpx

Well, I don't agree a criticism has to be constructive with a special awareness. This is the Internet and you'll have to bear people who have different ways of expressing themselves, even a rude comment is a feedback one can analyze and any feedback can be constructive depending on how the receiver looks at it. If there are more people that think the product "sucks" on eab, compared to another board, this means that the eab's member profile is not satisfied with the product; that's something the one responsible of the product's creation should analyze himself. That's still a good piece of information.

Old 26 September 2004, 22:44   #17
cv643d

I was at another swedish Amiga fair in 1998. Im not kidding you but 10 minutes was all you needed to see it all!

I wonder how you can fill 3.5 hours of material from an Amiga fair from this year lol.