Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 June 2022, 22:14   #81
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB42 View Post
@AmigaSystem:

second try
http://home.alb42.de/files/AmiTubeAROS11b.lha I hope it is fixed now

@Nobby_UK: Thats the reason you can turn it off if you do not like it use the old list

It still crashes, prava to check all options, in this case the crash is more immediate.

Tested an old Nightly Builds and my AROS One x86 compiled with GCC 6.3.0
Old 16 June 2022, 19:25   #82
ALB42

@Nobby_UK
I wanted to implement such feature in the beginning already, but sadly the API does not support such thing, so sorry not possible atm.

@AMIGASYSTEM:
is there a linux hosted version of this version, could you post the contents of the crash message (most important the stack trace, press "more") thanks, it works for me now, so I cannot reproduce the crash anymore
Old 16 June 2022, 21:39   #83
AMIGASYSTEM

@ALB42

Fixed now it works, your link "AROS11b", was making me download the previous version "AROS11a".

I corrected the link and now I actually downloaded "AROS11b" which works fine.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=79
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmiTube v1.1b.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	75818  

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 16 June 2022 at 21:53.
Old 25 June 2022, 09:49   #84
AMIGASYSTEM

@ALB42

AROS 68k has the same problem you solved on AROS x86, AROS 68k uses OS version 3
Old 26 June 2022, 03:52   #85
DisasterIncarna

when playing videos back with ffplay (OS3/68k Version) is there a way to change the playback video size?

i tried using -x 320 -y 200 -fs to see if i can make it smaller, but it insists on playing back at the full size of my desktop resolution, i even mode promoted ffplay for fullscreen to go to a lower resolution, which it does, but the video playback is still at maximum resolution and doesnt resize with the new display size.

I Wanted a non workbench screen initially just because sometimes after playback my workbench gets some gfx corruption (birdie images etc) so hoped to use a mode promoted/new screen hoping workbench wouldnt get trashed.

also the option -s 320x200 or -video_size 320x200 dont seem to function?

Would this even matter when trying to speed the whole playback up a little? using -framedrop just plays me audio and locks the video in place atm.
Old 26 June 2022, 08:55   #86
AMIGASYSTEM

If you use Birdie and VisualPrefs, I think the copa of the gfx corruption is them.

I use AfA OS extension and have no corruption, everything is perfect, see attached video, with FFPlay running first in MPG and then in Original MP4.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 June 2022, 19:37   #87
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If you use Birdie and VisualPrefs, I think the copa of the gfx corruption is them.

I use AfA OS extension and have no corruption, everything is perfect, see attached video, with FFPlay running first in MPG and then in Original MP4.

[ Show youtube player ]
yeah when i force the ffplay task to modepromote to a new screen, then ffplay in fullscreen mode does not corrupt birdie/vp gfx any longer, my bigger issue is my videos insisting they play in their original size rather than scaling down in fullscreen mode, only windowmode scales down but i want the same effect in fullscreen. The typical scaling functions do not seem to work at all however?

It was 1 of your other posts showcasing amitube and ffplay that got me trying out ffplay in the first place, i would just prefer it scales down video in fullscreen mode, the built in help via "ffplay -h" lists the usual scaling options but none seem to function, unless the help is wrong/out of date in some way?
Old 26 June 2022, 20:32   #88
AMIGASYSTEM

Take a look at this link, perhaps it might help you understand:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...h-aspect-ratio
Old 26 June 2022, 20:53   #89
DisasterIncarna

ah yeah, i know how to reencode my videos with ffmpeg/etc, it was specifically ffplay i wanted to resize its own output in fullscreen mode, it does so in window mode, it scales no issue, but in fullscreen it always picks a screenmode the same size as the desktop, but outputs at the videos native resolution.

So fullscreen ffplay atm for me, it picks a 1280x720 screen and if i play a video which is 1920x1080 then it doesnt scale down, its still 1920x1080 stuck in a 1280x720 screen, the resize options dont seem to function as far as i can tell.
Old 27 June 2022, 02:11   #90
DisasterIncarna

OK, got it all sorted now after a load of messing around with various options.

First i used "ModePro Prefs" to look for the task "ffplay", told it to set a resolution of 640x360x24bit and make it a public screen then saved those settings.

Then when i run ffplay, i do not use the typical/normal width/height options (which does work in window mode however, just not full screen mode), now i use this command line.

ffplay sys:music/mp4s/test3.mp4 -vf scale=640:360 -fs -gui 0 -loglevel 0

or

ffplay sys:music/mp4s/test3.mp4 -vf scale=640:-1 -fs -gui 0 -loglevel 0

this then opens up in fullscreen mode (and doesnt trash my workbench birdie/visualprefs gfx) and now scales correctly to the mode promoted screen i set, at present however i cant see much of any difference using a lower screen over my larger native workbench screenmode, if there is a difference its minimal.

But at least it all scales on fullscreen now and my workbench colors/gfx dont get annihilated anymore, so job done.

Did the usual deficons/jiggery pokery and now double clicking MP4 files plays (very slowly) the MP4 with ffplay, fullscreen and scaled correctly.

Thanks for the previous link @AMIGASYSTEM, didnt think the ffmpeg stuff worked exactly the same way with ffplay, but all is well now

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 27 June 2022 at 02:51.
Old 28 June 2022, 06:19   #91
DisasterIncarna

other than WGet, what exactly is required to get the youtube links working? when i enter a youtube link, it states, "starting Search" grey's out the bar for a few moments, then says its done/idle but nothing happens? what am i missing?

for another useful feature, is it possible to have the whole grab video from youtube thing to be made into a command line program so people could use that for say Amitube and with FFMpeg or whatever else might want to manipulate a downloaded youtube video?
Old 29 June 2022, 20:18   #92
ALB42

I do not really understand your question.

if the youtube link does not return a video it means the video ID is wrong or the video is blocked (in germany) or only available when you are logged in into Youtube, something like that.

command line program is not the aim of this program you can use the AREXX interface to do it though.
Old 29 June 2022, 22:29   #93
DisasterIncarna

yeah video was "unavailable" for some reason, still is, tried a few others and it works, the get preview button works, only now the "get original" button to download it is greyed out.

and yeah i only thought of the command line thing because those of us who didnt have/use that conversion docker could have just downloaded a video manually and used ffmpeg on the amiga side to convert to a reasonably functional mpeg1.

atm i am using the PC to run:

Code:
for %a in (*.*) do ffmpeg -i "%a" -ar 16000 -vf scale=640:-1 -q 8 -framerate 25 ".\Converted\%~na.mpeg"
in a folder to make my mp4's more amiga/emulated friendly, its done nice and nippy, tho the amiga's ffmpeg can do the same, only much slower ofc.

havent tried anything CDXL yet, maybe when that "get original" button works ill get to see if CDXL is useable for some of my vids.

EDIT: OK, i think ive got it, i need to click the video in the list when its found, the button to show its preview needs clicked, the get original button is still greyed out for me at this point with a thumbnail/preview of the video showing fine, if i then reclick the video in the list, NOW the download buttons show up, is the extra click back on the video in the list the intended way to do it?

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 29 June 2022 at 22:34.
Old 30 June 2022, 20:55   #94
ALB42

@DisasterIncarna

you know, you do not need the docker container to convert the movies to CDXL or MPEG by default it will use my Server for it. The possiblity for an own Docker server is just an additional option because people asked for it.
maybe you look into the prefs to define the default format to convert to CDXL or MPEG.
Yeah thats a bug, I will fix that with the next version, atm you have to click on an entry after search or loading a list.

if you really want to convert yourself, I advise you to use the "Get Original" button and select an Youtube Original format to download, and the use ffmpeg to convert to the Format you want.

Have fun.
Old 09 July 2022, 22:51   #95
ALB42

New Version of AmiTube release, most important changes are a playlist feature and multiple move directories management.

Full History:
  • Bugfix for fancy list text printing
  • play list with wait screen
  • open own directories with movies in play list
  • close requester
  • restore splitter position on start
  • multiple movie directories via icon tooltypes
  • choose default directory via menu

https://blog.alb42.de/2022/07/09/amitube-1-2/
Old 16 July 2022, 12:38   #96
White

Hi, ALB42
sorry for the OT
in this video what program are you using with Morphos to watch TV streams?
Thank you.

this is your video:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 July 2022, 17:22   #97
ALB42

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Hi, ALB42
sorry for the OT
in this video what program are you using with Morphos to watch TV streams?
Thank you.

this is your video:
[ Show youtube player ]

that are actually 3 programs

1. On my linux server TVHeadend to get the TV signal from the air (via DVB-S2 and DVB-T PCIe cards)
  2. on MorphOS mplayer to to the actual playing (its a http stream from tvheadend)
  3. on MorphOS an unnamed program written my me to access the TVHeadend API to get the available channels, EPG and channel URLs and send them to mplayer
Old 17 July 2022, 19:32   #98
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB42 View Post
New Version of AmiTube release, most important changes are a playlist feature and multiple move directories management.

Full History:
  • Bugfix for fancy list text printing
  • play list with wait screen
  • open own directories with movies in play list
  • close requester
  • restore splitter position on start
  • multiple movie directories via icon tooltypes
  • choose default directory via menu

https://blog.alb42.de/2022/07/09/amitube-1-2/

Great, successfully installed on my next version of AROS One x86 1.8, thank you !

AmiTube 1.2 also works well on AROS One 68k
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AROS 68k.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	76024  

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 July 2022 at 21:39.
Old 31 July 2022, 00:05   #99
AMIGASYSTEM

Successfully tested the new version 1.3 on my new AROS One x86 v1.8

https://blog.alb42.de/2022/07/29/amitube-1-3/

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 18 April 2023 at 22:22.
Old 11 September 2022, 12:53   #100
AMIGASYSTEM

@ALB42

I have encountered a problem on AmiTube:

If you choose "Get Original" and click on Download To HD "without choosing any format", on OS3 the Mouse Arrow is no longer manageable and the operating system slows down considerably, on AROS x86 on the other hand you get a Guru.