Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 26 March 2007, 17:56   #41
BippyM
Global Moderator

Anubis is gonna be banned
Old 26 March 2007, 18:03   #42
Anubis
Retro Gamer

C'mon, what the hack were they thinkin' creating the game that one can't finish in a life time?!?!

How many level you completed. (and how long it took you)

As for Sega killer - Zool. I tried to play it many times but that game never keept my attention for more then 3 levels.

On Sleepwalker I never completed even first level. I know, I suck as player but that game is insane.

T2 as most other ocean movie titles were/are piece of crap.
Old 26 March 2007, 18:09   #43
BippyM
Global Moderator

I completed about 60levels over a long period :O
Old 27 March 2007, 08:53   #44
manicx

Batman Returns
Top Banana
Sleepwalker
Old 27 March 2007, 10:35   #45
StarEye
Zone Friend

Too much hate for Zool! And people continuously try to justify opinions by calling it a "failed Sonic/Mario beater". Truth is, instead of comparing every single game to these rather overrated classics, why not just enjoy them on their own merits? I personally loved Zool back in the day, and it's still a fun game.

Anyway, worst platform game. Hmm. I can't remember the bad ones, I only remember the good ones. Ah well, I gotta look into it more.
Old 27 March 2007, 11:20   #46
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
Too much hate for Zool! And people continuously try to justify opinions by calling it a "failed Sonic/Mario beater". Truth is, instead of comparing every single game to these rather overrated classics, why not just enjoy them on their own merits? I personally loved Zool back in the day, and it's still a fun game.
It's not the problem in comparison, it is problem in the game. It does not have 'something' that makes you wonder what's next. Just for example Superfrog has that 'something' and I played it untill I finished it.

Another game, simillar to the Zool and also overrated is Gods. I tried to play it again couple weeks ago, got first 3 levels and decided again to stop playing.
Old 27 March 2007, 13:38   #47
humble worm

I guess the problem is in personal preferences... Nobody would defend 100% crap, but objectively 'good' or 'average' games have their fans and haters... for example - my preferences:

slow platformer + great fantasy gfx + many not too hard puzzles & many secret rooms =

undernourished mutants in chase for fruits + sterile/poor graphics =

If one wants 'objective ranking' some kind of special commission must be appointed, clear rules of rating must be set etc...
Old 28 April 2007, 09:39   #48
BippyM
Global Moderator

guess i need to do this at some point
Old 28 April 2007, 12:22   #49
Ultron
Something

Best game ever: Gods

Inert: Conceptual Zero

Worst game ever: - Gods
Old 28 April 2007, 12:35   #50
zenox98
Joy Division

Magic Pockets sucked.
Old 28 April 2007, 13:44   #51
Ultron
Something

MPs sucked, compared to the usual BB brilliance but it didn't suck enough to put it at Giana Sisters, Kid Gloves, and associated turds levels
Old 28 April 2007, 13:54   #52
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Superfrog??? Hell no. There's so many, hard to choose. Well, no one can play these:

1. Artura
2. Scorpion
3. Cyber Cop
Old 28 April 2007, 14:23   #53
StarEye
Zone Friend

Putting Magic Pockets, Giana Sisters, Superfrog or Giana Sisters on the list of worst platforming games is just ignorance. There are so many really really shit games out there that fails on absolutely everything that no matter how much you dislike these games, they're gold compared to the really really bad games. These mentioned games may be subjectively crap games, but some games are so bad that it's not even a matter of taste anymore.
Old 28 April 2007, 14:34   #54
Graham Humphrey

But surely it's entirely a matter of taste? If it wasn't we'd just see the same few games appearing in this thread again and again. For instance although I despise Cliffhanger, and I reckon most people do (though this is a pure guess), I don't doubt that there are people out there who like it. Same for something like Superfrog, I love it but there are people who totally hate it. It's just people's opinions, it's why threads like these are interesting.
Old 28 April 2007, 15:18   #55
Ultron
Something

I wish Stuart Campbell was here so he could tell you all you're stupid and have no place reviewing games like proper reviewers
Old 28 April 2007, 18:27   #56
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
But surely it's entirely a matter of taste? If it wasn't we'd just see the same few games appearing in this thread again and again. For instance although I despise Cliffhanger, and I reckon most people do (though this is a pure guess), I don't doubt that there are people out there who like it. Same for something like Superfrog, I love it but there are people who totally hate it. It's just people's opinions, it's why threads like these are interesting.
Yes, but I'm talking about games so bad that even those who like it admits it's a really shitty game.
Old 28 April 2007, 20:13   #57
Ultron
Something

Yeah, relativism is always pretty hilarious since theoretically, according to the tasteophiliacs, a turd and the finest French cuisine would be the same dependent on subjective taste versus the objectiveness of the foul taste of your common turd.

Now, admittedly, some French plates, such as escargot, might not be many steps above the cooked turd, but that's a whole another discussion.

The reality is that Claudia Schiffer is more attractive than Rosie O'Donnell, and that's the objective, undeniable, aristotelic truth.
Old 30 April 2007, 22:08   #58
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

i still think great giana sisters (and that forgetable game it's identical to) is gash.

if this is still happening, i'll try to decide what my other two are
Old 03 May 2007, 13:57   #59
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
shit platformers ?

1:Kid gloves
2:batman returns
3:tiger road

tiger road has cute graphics, but playability is horrible....
Old 03 May 2007, 18:03   #60
MheAd

People will probably kill me - but I hate Turrican games.

There is no "feeling" in game-control. It feels like the character you are controlling is just a random sprite. It's very hard to explain this "feeling" thing but if you compare it to games like Super Frog, or Yo! Joe and the way the characters act in the game depending on how you move them around...you feel more "feedback" in controls while Turrican is just very...dull...

*Runs and hides before being jumped on by 100-eds of Amiga Board members*