English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 24 December 2014, 00:36   #241
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarvalho View Post
One more Xmas and Santa doesn't carry on his bag a Scanjuggler for me... Maybe next week or so.
There's always next Xmas
Old 24 December 2014, 01:40   #242
jcarvalho

Thumbs up

Agree!!! Dezz sent an email to a friend of mine that is in the same situation, paided and nothing, like me and you) telling him that he would recieve his unit this Xmas, but nothing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
I do not understand one thing: if anyone claims Scanjuggler is real and working (and I would be happy to be so, because I paid for it), why not send it to people who bought it with beta firmware. I send my money for it, because I was told I will receive it soon (I believed two or three weeks), but it is a year since than and I got no mail what is the status of it.
Old 24 December 2014, 12:14   #243
werdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
I do not understand one thing: if anyone claims Scanjuggler is real and working (and I would be happy to be so, because I paid for it), why not send it to people who bought it with beta firmware. I send my money for it, because I was told I will receive it soon (I believed two or three weeks), but it is a year since than and I got no mail what is the status of it.
As I know he had to make changes on the pcb layout around the beginning of this year and he wants to release boards when he is absolute sure that it is not necessary to callback them because a bug in the design. On the end Duke Nukem Forever was finished, so there is hope

Marry Christmas everyone!
Old 24 December 2014, 12:31   #244
springycz

I hope ScanJuggler will be finished sooner than DN Forever. Also the result has to be much better...
Old 24 December 2014, 12:54   #245
BarryB
Amigaholic

At the moment it ought to be re-named ScamJuggler until physical proof exists
Old 24 December 2014, 13:15   #246
werdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
At the moment it ought to be re-named ScamJuggler until physical proof exists
There is physical proof: many of us saw (and touched ) the card at Arok Party 2014 at Ajkarendek/Hungary. I know as we had a gig there with SIDrip. Yes, it was only one prototype but with the actual (I hope final) PCB layout but it has work and gave nice image.
Old 24 December 2014, 14:39   #247
amigoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdy View Post
There is physical proof: many of us saw (and touched ) the card at Arok Party 2014 at Ajkarendek/Hungary. I know as we had a gig there with SIDrip. Yes, it was only one prototype but with the actual (I hope final) PCB layout but it has work and gave nice image.
What kind of bug is it when the prototype works and gives a nice picture? And why dezz do not write to these threads about the sd himself answering these questions? It would be much clearer.
Old 24 December 2014, 20:07   #248
Nostromo

I am fedup waiting for this "scanjuggler" to materialise. Going to send him an email asking for my money back.
Old 25 December 2014, 21:35   #249
jcarvalho

I have opened a Paypal dispute but no luck.
Checked the box that says "item not delivered" or something like that.
I only got a response email from Dezz. He couldn't refund the money..
So, no money and no scanjuggler. When I think that I have sold my Indivision mk2 to raise funds and now I dont have anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
I am fedup waiting for this "scanjuggler" to materialise. Going to send him an email asking for my money back.
Old 25 December 2014, 22:15   #250
dJOS

You are better off lodging a dispute via your credit card provider, banks will usually refund your money and write off the loss.
Old 26 December 2014, 00:11   #251
Marmes

He told before Christmas! , Don't know wich Christmas he was referering to. I got me self a nice indy mk1, now I just want my money back too.
I think we all should gather together and make a complaint to the local police.
Old 26 December 2014, 10:14   #252
jcarvalho

Hi! I dont know if in my case that is possible. The money used was already in my paypal account, it come from my Indivision sale to a member of amibay. No money transfered from bank account to paypal account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
You are better off lodging a dispute via your credit card provider, banks will usually refund your money and write off the loss.
Old 26 December 2014, 10:28   #253
dJOS

Ooh that sucks, what did PayPal say?
Old 26 December 2014, 10:32   #254
jcarvalho

Agree! We need help from someone that is from the same country of Dezz in order to fill the complains' papers with paymment proofs (paypal transactions and Dezz invoices) and deliver those to the local police or something like that. I just want my money back, nothing more. I have lerarned a great lesson with this thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmes View Post
He told before Christmas! , Don't know wich Christmas he was referering to. I got me self a nice indy mk1, now I just want my money back too.
I think we all should gather together and make a complaint to the local police.
Old 27 December 2014, 09:08   #255
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

We wanted an exclusive interview and development news for the Amiga Mania 06... I f I really wanted that, we have no Am06, 07 and even 08...
I know how embarrassing this situation, hopefully it will be solved soon. I really hope, although I can't do and will not do anything. None of my business.
Old 27 December 2014, 17:46   #256
jcarvalho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
Ooh that sucks, what did PayPal say?
They said that there is nothing that they could do. But they have sent an email to Dezz.
Dezz wrote to me this in November;
Hello Jorge,

I fully understand your feelings and I'm really begging your pardon. (My wife is also very angry <removed by me>)
One thing for sure, your card or money is not lost.
I didn't want (and don't want) to cheat you, I just couldn't foresee all the difficulties in the development, what I've resolved one after the other. (Most people would have given up probably in the meantime.) There were apparently small issues that needed a lot of work to fix it. I didn't want to send out cards with issues, not knowing if these could be fixed later or not, by software. Now all the main issues are resolved.
I'm definitely sending out the cards this month. Or, if you want a refund, I will send your money back as soon as I can. I don't have any money as of now, I've invested all I had into this project. But I will raise some once I start sending them out.
Old 27 December 2014, 21:13   #257
dJOS

Well that sounds promising lets hope he comes thru. It's certainly true that we have seen a lot of different hw revisions and the lite version seems to have been dropped which is a sensible move.
Old 28 December 2014, 00:39   #258
kolla
Banned

Anyone should know that prepaying for unfinished products to cover the cost of production is the same as speculating with your money - sometimes you win, most often you lose!
Old 28 December 2014, 01:36   #259
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Anyone should know that prepaying for unfinished products to cover the cost of production is the same as speculating with your money - sometimes you win, most often you lose!
My thoughts exactly. This is especially relevant with retro hardware which is usually the work of an individual who is working in their spare time (basically a hobby).
Old 28 December 2014, 04:46   #260
lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarvalho View Post
I have opened a Paypal dispute but no luck.
Checked the box that says "item not delivered" or something like that.
I only got a response email from Dezz. He couldn't refund the money..
So, no money and no scanjuggler. When I think that I have sold my Indivision mk2 to raise funds and now I dont have anything...
Paypal can retrieve your funds, that's what the resolution area is for. Has worked fine for me a couple of times.

Although if you don't file an issue within 45 days of payment then they can't do much. However if mulitple complaints are received about the seller PayPal can open any claim for investigation within 180 days of payment.

If you filed a complaint through whoever provided your credit card you can request a reversal of funds stating you haven't received the item.

Some credit cards also have a payment protection in place if you don't receive an item too so it's worth looking into that as an option.

NVM the credit card, read one of your other posts :-( I would keep putting pressure on through Paypal, although the only way this can work outside of the above time frames is if you have several other people complain through Paypal at the same time.

Last edited by lurch; 28 December 2014 at 04:52.