English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 18 July 2021, 21:56   #501
thairacerjp

hi, I wanted to play DamienD HDF blackhorne version , starting good with sound but when I wanna start the game I have a freeze of the screen. my shapeshifter is version 3.11 MuEdv graphic, I tried with ahi or not, same, version without sound low resolution working good .

any idea ?
DamienD I cannot find yours files HDFS on the ftp
Old 19 July 2021, 02:08   #502
Retro1234
Phone Homer

not sure how to contact Damien at the moment? iirc was big help in this thread
What are the files you listed there?

try this version
http://www..com/file/1rj6ph5w7lstkls...older.iso/file
Old 19 July 2021, 17:48   #503
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
not sure how to contact Damien at the moment? iirc was big help in this thread
What are the files you listed there?

try this version
http://www..com/file/1rj6ph5w7lstkls...older.iso/file
yeah it's holidays , theses files are from DamienD folder on EAB ftp but some months ago the ftp changed so may be some files didn't recover , the link doesn't work , but thanks mates for your help
Old 19 July 2021, 17:52   #504
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Is it not the same file in his collection?
Old 19 July 2021, 19:30   #505
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Is it not the same file in his collection?
there is the folders HDFS but the files are not about Mac games , he put for some time I think and keep his collection on mega.nz
Old 19 July 2021, 23:17   #506
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Sorry don't know why the link didn't work
but here the original files, choose the media fire link in the second post
https://macintoshgarden.org/forum/blackthorne-68k

I had that problem before not sure what causes it, but iirc just installing it again fixes it.
I think it modifies the main executable or something and then you have to reinstall.
Old 20 July 2021, 07:59   #507
thairacerjp

@Retro1234 , it's ok now, yes, I saw lot of comment about compressed sit files that doesn't work and after several attempts it works !
Old 17 March 2022, 13:51   #508
Amigajay

Has anyone got the CD32 iso wairnair made? His download links no longer work.
Old 17 March 2022, 19:42   #509
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

I think i have it, but it's not an iso it's a .vhd file, so you need to mount it as a hardrive with Winuae to be able to use files.

This is the main menu of the HDF (vhd) file.

Is it what you need ?

it's Here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h11...ew?usp=sharing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MacCompil.png
Views:	137
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	75100  

Last edited by Rochabian; 17 March 2022 at 19:47.
Old 17 March 2022, 20:01   #510
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochabian View Post
I think i have it, but it's not an iso it's a .vhd file, so you need to mount it as a hardrive with Winuae to be able to use files.

This is the main menu of the HDF (vhd) file.

Is it what you need ?

it's Here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h11...ew?usp=sharing
Hi, i can't get on with hdf files, i mean i can get them running but i want to extract the data to use in an iso, i'm sure in one of the posts he mentions iso and hdf versions, i have pm'd him but no response yet.

I have tried from scratch myself, but get stuck with it saying i'm out of memory no matter how much i use in winuae.

Thanks though
Old 17 March 2022, 20:05   #511
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Can't you copy the content of VHD file within WInUAE ?

I think i can do that
Old 17 March 2022, 20:08   #512
Amigajay

Quote:
Can't you copy the content of VHD file within WInUAE ?

I think i can do that

Keeps saying i can can't cancel system when i try to add to a preset harddrive Amiga setup, and unlike df0 units hardfile units don't appear in realtime without a reboot.

If you can do that your end that would be appreciated!
Old 17 March 2022, 20:15   #513
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Extracted files of the .vdh here :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Ny...ew?usp=sharing
Old 17 March 2022, 20:23   #514
Amigajay

Quote:

Top man! Cheers for that, i will have a good look at it tomorrow and see if i can get an iso running.

Tbh my real aim is just some old classic B&W games for the 020 and fastram, but i'll try and get others for 030/50 capable CD32's too.
Old 18 March 2022, 12:09   #515
Amigajay

Hmm not sure how to sort this, have it all running from an iso, but after selecting a game from the menu, copies the game to ram, then starts shapeshifter, but then fails with 'the external video driver could not be loaded'?

I'm using all the same files from the hdf, any ideas?

Edit: well i hex edited the quick prefs file on pop to change video driver from muevd to amigaevd which worked, but the game is stuck on the mac desktop with a floppy disk icon with a question mark!?

Last edited by Amigajay; 18 March 2022 at 12:34.
Old 28 March 2022, 12:22   #516
wairnair

Hi guys

It's been really long since I worked on this.. I'm trying to refresh my memory. There never was an ISO made from this, I remember to have run into problems building an ISO and eventually decided to just run it from Workbench (on the real CD32 and in WinUAE). There's a "LaunchWB" icon to do just that - but it's assumed that your Workbench is running Move4k, which is a requirement for Shapeshifter.
Turns out I didn't even have the latest .vhd of it so thank you Rochabian!

Quote:
the game is stuck on the mac desktop with a floppy disk icon with a question mark
The game's hardfile is copied to RAM, then Shapeshifter expects it at RAM:GameHDD.hvf in its 2nd harddrive slot. I did hex edit the prefs files as well. There's apparently some leftover garbage path after "RAM:GameHDD.hvf", but it does not seem to matter.

I've succesfully started Prince of Persia 1, so the vhd probably works, question is how to make an ISO out of it.. One thing, the name of the disk should be "M32" so the paths are correct in the Shapeshifter prefs files.
I then tried making an ISO with the cd32 devkit, but it didn't want to work, can't remember the errors I got..
I know I was not of much help, I might get back to this to have a final working iso.
Not much of gameplay value in there though - maybe apart from PoP1 and Blackthorne. It's usually slow and emulation is buggy.
Old 28 March 2022, 19:11   #517
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Hi guys

It's been really long since I worked on this.. I'm trying to refresh my memory. There never was an ISO made from this, I remember to have run into problems building an ISO and eventually decided to just run it from Workbench (on the real CD32 and in WinUAE). There's a "LaunchWB" icon to do just that - but it's assumed that your Workbench is running Move4k, which is a requirement for Shapeshifter.
Turns out I didn't even have the latest .vhd of it so thank you Rochabian!

The game's hardfile is copied to RAM, then Shapeshifter expects it at RAM:GameHDD.hvf in its 2nd harddrive slot. I did hex edit the prefs files as well. There's apparently some leftover garbage path after "RAM:GameHDD.hvf", but it does not seem to matter.

I've succesfully started Prince of Persia 1, so the vhd probably works, question is how to make an ISO out of it.. One thing, the name of the disk should be "M32" so the paths are correct in the Shapeshifter prefs files.
I then tried making an ISO with the cd32 devkit, but it didn't want to work, can't remember the errors I got..
I know I was not of much help, I might get back to this to have a final working iso.
Not much of gameplay value in there though - maybe apart from PoP1 and Blackthorne. It's usually slow and emulation is buggy.
Yep i’ve already made an .iso of it (m32 assigned to cd0) but as mentioned fails on the question mark icon on the Mac desktop.

But i’ll take another look at the paths if you think its just that sort of issue.