English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 September 2019, 13:58   #1
honx

pal screen not exactly centered, below part of screen missing

i have a problem regarding pal screens in full window. these are not exactly centered and below there are missing some lines. if i tamper with filters, vertical position, i can move the screen up, but below part still is missing. i attach two screenshots, one from doomattack running in pal resolution, and one from overscan prefs, showing below part of screen missing. what do i have to adjust in order to see these missing lines?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doomattack_vertical.png
Views:	187
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	64306   Click image for larger version

Name:	pal.png
Views:	176
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	64307  
Old 04 September 2019, 18:15   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Not really enough information but sounds like DirectDraw mode which has limited scaling and positioning support.
Old 04 September 2019, 18:30   #3
32Bitz

recenter the display by left click the grey square in the center of the the overscan adjustment screen and drag it up so that the bottom is shown then click save.
Old 04 September 2019, 19:19   #4
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Bitz View Post
recenter the display by left click the grey square in the center of the the overscan adjustment screen and drag it up so that the bottom is shown then click save.
thx, this worked! i didn't think about being able to drag the center quare, never really tampered with overscan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Not really enough information but sounds like DirectDraw mode which has limited scaling and positioning support.
using direct3d 9 (set in misc. tab, graphics api). which information would have been needed? winuae config file?
anyway, the following solution from 32blitz worked for me, so we can consider this issue as concluded.
Old 05 September 2019, 10:11   #5
Hewitson

I wouldn't call it concluded, as those settings won't affect software that kills/doesn't use the OS.
Old 05 September 2019, 12:48   #6
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
I wouldn't call it concluded, as those settings won't affect software that kills/doesn't use the OS.
this should'nt be a problem, as this is my main configuration. all games used in there are installed on harddrive and launched by workbench. mostly "big" (diskspace consuming) games which were installed from cd and ports of pc games (like doom, heretic, duke3d, blake stone, and so on)...
for non os-games (booted/played from floppy) i have dedicated a500(ocs)/a600(ecs)/a1200(aga) configurations, which don't have any hardfile (installed os) attached. these configurations don't seem to have this problem described above. at least i haven't encountered it yet.