English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 30 November 2022, 03:28   #281
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Wizkid ~ The Story Of Wizball II, second fire button to jump (can be experimented when one has embodied The Legs).
Such an instant classic mentioned here for the first time, although corresponding option is just a space bar hit away, I hear you say! Fret not, squawky scrutinizes the miggy library for missing entries !
Old 05 December 2022, 20:54   #282
SunChild
EAB Noobie

Back from the dead, and just done with a first (still rough) update of the list with (almost) everything contributed here. It still is quite a bit behind Solo's own list started during my looong absence, so I thank him LOADS as ever, and will try and catch up with everything new he added to his.

I can confidently guarantee there definitely are quite a few errors here and there. You're very welcome to point them out when you spot some.

A few points I should clarify about the thread too:
- it relies very much on some of you guys constant work (Solo Kazuki of course, and SquawkBox has contributed quite a bit recently — welcome to the party!). With very rare exceptions, I usually don't add nor check game entries, for a very good reason: I unfortunately just don't find the time to play these days (let alone dig and investigate with game manuals and stuff), even though I started this thread because I was interested on the topic for practical purposes... Hopefully this will change at some point, and I can contribute myself to this thing I started. In the meantime I blindly copy whatever info is provided, so disclaimer: "I won't be held responsible...", blah blah blah, right?
- DragonNinja I decided to keep referenced under "(Bad Dudes Vs) DragonNinja", although the game exists on Amiga under either "Bad Dudes" or "Dragon Ninja" exclusively. AFAIK, "Bad Dudes Vs DragonNinja" is the very first (in the arcades) game name — in any case, this is the title under which Wikipedia references it.
- The First post is nearing maximum characters allowed by the forum (200,000), which means as the list will continue to expand, it will soon have to resort to either retiring in favor of a new thread with a double post at the beginning to provide enough space for the list to keep growing, or more radically remove the list of the 1st post altogether (or keep name entries but remove infos and details) and redirect somewhere else (perhaps a Google sheet, IDK yet...).

In the meantime, a link at the end to Solo's own page list provides all the necessary data to any reader looking for it!
Old 06 December 2022, 01:14   #283
SquawkBox

Welcome back SunChild ! I don't think Brutal Sports Football supports a second fire button. A mention is made early in the manual about use of a joystick to activate and select power ups, but that features does concern solely the PC (DOS) version, if I am not mistaken.
Old 07 December 2022, 00:01   #284
SquawkBox

Disk version of Jetstrike (ECS / OCS) supports second fire button. Default action is U-undercarriage up / down. Additionally, it can be reassigned to perform some other action (e.q. to pause). My point is additional button support is not limited to AGA / CD32 version.
Old 08 December 2022, 08:10   #285
SunChild
EAB Noobie

Thanks SquawkBox, I'm gonna edit these accordingly.
Concerning Brutal Sports Football, I wouldn't take what the manual says (or doesn't) as a definitive proof of support, but I'll put a "?" to it to indicate support is to be confirmed.
Old 08 December 2022, 18:04   #286
SquawkBox

Tried the WHD'fied CD32 version of Brutal Football through emulation this afternoon, one can choose between 1 button, 2 buttons, CD32 controller right before the game starts. In 2 buttons mode, the second button will pause the game (once the game is paused, music can be switched off, game can be resumed or abandoned).

As mentioned earlier, the disk version cannot be run on ECS chipset (slave author mentions something about buggy memory detection), meaning I cannot play it on my machine (tried each and every version, including Crazy Football). disk 2 ADF won't load in my gotek no matter what, but indeed, there is some mention of a two button controller when choosing level of difficulty. The game can be played with a single button controller though, will let you know next time I play (well, get beaten) against the CPU (the classic way, aka using a quick config in WinUAE).

So for the time being, I don't know exactly if (and how) this should be mentioned in your list, but, even though using a CD32 joypad seems to be the more convenient way to play the game, CD32 / AGA version ALSO supports 2 button joysticks / joypads.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 08 December 2022 at 19:34.
Old 10 December 2022, 16:41   #287
fryguy

Maybe it's already mentioned in this thread but AmiMasterGear (Gamegear/Mastersystem-emulator) also supports 2 buttons if you select "Standard controller" in the emulator.
Old 11 December 2022, 12:26   #288
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChild View Post
Back from the dead
Welcome back!
Good to see that You are alive, because it was long time without sign of life.

As I was mentioning already, You can use my list as You want, I was trying to add descriptions of usage as close as possible and it's checked in most (if not all) cases and also some titles were removed because support was not added despite someone's mention here. From my fatal memory e.g. Shadow Fighter and Incredible Crashed Dummies where games are supporting just one button.

Also it's worth to mention that there might be problem with some controllers with second or third button. More about this is in this most recant thread, but was mentioned many times in other threads.

It's very good time to come back, because it's possible that list on PPA and my tribute to this list might be slowed down or even stopped. I'm preffering to keep this without details, however.
Old 11 December 2022, 13:54   #289
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
Tried the WHD'fied CD32 version of Brutal Football through emulation this afternoon, one can choose between 1 button, 2 buttons, CD32 controller right before the game starts. In 2 buttons mode, the second button will pause the game (once the game is paused, music can be switched off, game can be resumed or abandoned).

As mentioned earlier, the disk version cannot be run on ECS chipset (slave author mentions something about buggy memory detection), meaning I cannot play it on my machine (tried each and every version, including Crazy Football). disk 2 ADF won't load in my gotek no matter what, but indeed, there is some mention of a two button controller when choosing level of difficulty. The game can be played with a single button controller though, will let you know next time I play (well, get beaten) against the CPU (the classic way, aka using a quick config in WinUAE).

So for the time being, I don't know exactly if (and how) this should be mentioned in your list, but, even though using a CD32 joypad seems to be the more convenient way to play the game, CD32 / AGA version ALSO supports 2 button joysticks / joypads.
Brutal Sports: Football supports more than one button only in CD32 version. I was checking it myself, which ends with only CD32 version left in my collection.
Old 11 December 2022, 14:02   #290
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Maybe it's already mentioned in this thread but AmiMasterGear (Gamegear/Mastersystem-emulator) also supports 2 buttons if you select "Standard controller" in the emulator.
As many other emulators, really. But i think it's topic to other thread about emulators.
And...
It's worth to mention which emulators supports controllers with more buttons available. I can even help with add some names to list.
Old 13 December 2022, 03:54   #291
SquawkBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Brutal Sports: Football supports more than one button only in CD32 version. I was checking it myself, which ends with only CD32 version left in my collection.
Then why does disk version allow player to select "two button" control mode for Novice and Intermediate difficulty levels ? Not sure what it does precisely, but it's definitely there.

Also, the CD32 version supports second button presses, one doesn't need to have a CD32 joypad at his or her disposal to benefit from this. It's one of the three control schemes featured in this version. As I said, in "2 button controller mode", second button pauses the game. Feel free to mention it (or not) in your list.

Old 18 December 2022, 03:03   #292
SquawkBox

Boxx (scorpion remake) supports 2nd fire button, use = to jump.
Trap Runner supports 2nd fire button, use = to jump (title is featured in your list, but with no explanation).
Old 19 December 2022, 10:28   #293
Solo Kazuki

Thank You very much for submissions.

Actually Trap Runner have jump also on 1st button, so it's only mentioned because it have support, but it gives nothing additional.

In Jet Strike and Brutal Sports: Football 2nd button is just pause, please refer extensive control possibility on CD32 joypad (or compatible) in these games. I've added it for now, but I'm not sure if this fits.
Old 21 December 2022, 20:15   #294
SquawkBox

About Trap Runner, I see what you mean. Well personally, I would mention it nonetheless, along with the fact that one can choose from options menu to jump with 1st or 2nd fire button, but that's just me (it's not like one could jump with either button while playing).

About disk version of Jet Strike, second fire button default action is to extend / retract the landing gear, pause should you want it to be that way (it's reconfigurable in options), default action is definitely not "just pause" .

About Brutal Football, when I said 2nd fire button was for pause, I had CD32 version in mind. Disk version has a different use of 2nd fire button, aka to use the power ups according to manual. Needless to say, this is assuming a 2-button controller is all one has at his disposal.

I'll ask you one favor, please mention what the second fire button is supposed to do when it comes to disk version of Jetstrike (with a question mark next to it if you need to confirm it at some point) or don't mention it at all. Just saying "2nd button support" is really a bit disturbing. Of course it fits, some folks (a minority, but still) favor playing said games on their OCS / ECS machines with a 2-button joypad / joystick vs playing AGA / CD32 version with a wireless / USB gamepad in emulation.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 22 December 2022 at 08:31.
Old 28 December 2022, 11:46   #295
SunChild
EAB Noobie

Thanks as ever Solo, and SquawkBox for all the new infos!
I'm currently out of town but will see to update the list accordingly in the first days of 2023...

In the meantime, cheers! :-)
Old 08 November 2023, 22:38   #296
SquawkBox

Super Tennis Champs allows 1-2-6 button(s) configuration for each player
Old 13 March 2024, 16:40   #297
SquawkBox

Latest version of MineRunner (non commercial Amiga port of Lode Runner, Kickstart 2.0+ required)
2 button joystick supported, helpful to dig holes more conveniently
Enter 2 button mode by pressing 2nd button at title screen
According to ReadMe, "standard button digs at your left side, second button on your right side"

Last edited by SquawkBox; 13 March 2024 at 17:08.
Old 14 March 2024, 04:36   #298
SquawkBox

EA's Fusion : One may use second button instead of space bar to embark / disembark the assault crawler to / from the mothership.
Old 19 March 2024, 00:29   #299
SquawkBox

Wembley International Soccer supports CD32 controller.
Old 22 March 2024, 00:13   #300
SquawkBox

Creatures supports CD32 controller in WHDLoad.