English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 March 2016, 10:23   #1
iiari

Starglider FS-UAE help...

Hi everyone,

Love the emulation software. It really brings me back and allows me to expose my kids to the software of my own youth.

A Starglider question. Using FS-UAE in Linux, this title keeps stopping when it wants the "disc" swapped for a data disc. I hit "any key" as it asks, but nothing happens. Has anyone had success with this? Thanks.

Old 27 March 2016, 11:08   #2
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiari View Post
Hi everyone,

Love the emulation software. It really brings me back and allows me to expose my kids to the software of my own youth.

A Starglider question. Using FS-UAE in Linux, this title keeps stopping when it wants the "disc" swapped for a data disc. I hit "any key" as it asks, but nothing happens. Has anyone had success with this? Thanks.
Not sure I understand your question 100%, but if you need to swap media (floppies/CDs), you add it to the Media Swap List using either FS-UAE Launcher or the config file, then hit F12 when you're prompted and use the menus to swap media for the drive it is asking for.

Or if the game is more modern just have lots of floppy drives and insert all the disks at startup.
Old 27 March 2016, 22:44   #3
iiari

Thanks for replying. It's hard to explain, and I don't know if your explanation will work. I'll retry it later and post a screenshot. I was hoping someone would have already tried it...

Old 27 March 2016, 23:04   #4
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Strange that it's asking for a disk swap as it's a one disk game!
Is your version 2 disks?

EDIT: you don't mean the save disk do you? At the start of the game it asks you to put a disk in that you use for saves. If this is the first time that you have played the game then you need to remove the Starglider disk and Insert a blank disk in DF0:.

Incidentally, if there are any HOL Members reading this, I have the Novella manual in pdf format.

Last edited by Arnie; 28 March 2016 at 01:18.
Old 29 March 2016, 05:36   #5
iiari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
EDIT: you don't mean the save disk do you? At the start of the game it asks you to put a disk in that you use for saves. If this is the first time that you have played the game then you need to remove the Starglider disk and Insert a blank disk in DF0:.

Incidentally, if there are any HOL Members reading this, I have the Novella manual in pdf format.
That's exactly what I'm referring to. I'm not using actual Hardware, but the FS-UAE emulator and launcher. How do I "virtually" swap out for a blank disk?

Old 29 March 2016, 10:11   #6
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I've included a savedisk for you so you don't have to format one, just choose "Play Starglider"

Last edited by Arnie; 01 April 2016 at 10:13.