English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 26 August 2007, 21:26   #1
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

The Magic Garden, a maze game?

I checked HOL after reading it in the "guess the screenshot" thread. How is The Magic Garden a maze game? I remember the docs read like it's a management game with (maybe) some adventure elements. I don't think I ever got into the well (since I never played it all that much), so I guess there may be mazes down there (I seem to remember something in the docs about stuff below the well), but the game certainly didn't strike me as mainly a maze game.

Neither Lemon, nor HOL have many screenshots of the game, could someone show me something that makes it look like a maze game? I'm not saying it's wrong, I'd just like to understand.
Old 27 August 2007, 16:24   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

well Home of the underdog say:

Gnome Alone is a little-known PC conversion of a little-known Amiga game, developed by UK house Visionaires. In this unique action/strategy game, you play a gnome who, other than being alone, is trying to keep his garden and greenhouse free from pests and grumpy other gnomes who constantly sneak in to steal the flowers. Your objective is to plant the flowers, then deal with snails and various other pests that are harmful to them, but also your health. Get stung too many times, and it's game over for you and your garden. There are also other factors you need to take into account, the most important of which is the weather. The game shows you a five-day weather forecast in the bottom of the screen, as well as the current temperature in the lower left hand corner. If it rains, then your flowers will do well. If it's too sunny, it's your job to give them some water to survive.

Although it's a unique game based on an original concept and gameplay, Gnome Alone ultimate is too repetitive to hold anyone's attention for long. The types of flowers, pests, and other creatures are not diverse enough, and there is no surprise in store after you know what all the items in your inventory is for. Also, the garden is quite small, and if you don't like flowers to begin with, you will find the game boring quite quickly Recommended for its novel premise, but not much else.

http://209.120.136.195/game.php?id=3066