English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 29 March 2014, 18:47   #1
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 797
Lightbulb Feature request

When I add a tonne of games, I realize that some aren't being registered because they're not the right version / not supported. So I started again, moving in ten at a time and re-scanning the library but it's quite tedious. I should have requested this *before* I finished the job: but it would be cool for others if they could see which files were not accepted by FS-UAE. Then they could go and fix it.

The best place would be the dropdown list "All games and configuration" to have an option "unsupported / defective".
TenLeftFingers is offline  
Old 29 March 2014, 19:46   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FrodeSolheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Førde, Norway
Age: 40
Posts: 3,804
It sounds more like what you really want is (for example) a DAT file for all recognized variants in the online database, so you can scan files (and/or rename/move) and get a report of what you have and don't have?
FrodeSolheim is offline  
Old 29 March 2014, 19:53   #3
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
It sounds more like what you really want is (for example) a DAT file for all recognized variants in the online database, so you can scan files (and/or rename/move) and get a report of what you have and don't have?
Not exactly. What I'm looking for isn't a list of what I have / don't have, but rather what I *do* have but was skipped / ignored during the FS-UAE scan. I have B.A.T for example but only realised weeks later that it didn't get picked up in the scan. It's the rejects I'm interested in so I can rectify them.
TenLeftFingers is offline  
Old 30 March 2014, 22:56   #4
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 797
Another issue (tell me if I should put this in a seperate thread) is that the CD32 games in .7z / .zip tend to not work unless they are extracted.
TenLeftFingers is offline  
Old 31 March 2014, 22:53   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FrodeSolheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Førde, Norway
Age: 40
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
Not exactly. What I'm looking for isn't a list of what I have / don't have, but rather what I *do* have but was skipped / ignored during the FS-UAE scan. I have B.A.T for example but only realised weeks later that it didn't get picked up in the scan. It's the rejects I'm interested in so I can rectify them.
It's still to specific to be of general interest I think. But a candidate for a third-party utility if other people are interested and someone wants to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
Another issue (tell me if I should put this in a seperate thread) is that the CD32 games in .7z / .zip tend to not work unless they are extracted.
Yes, a known issue which will be fixed
FrodeSolheim is offline  
Old 01 April 2014, 18:26   #6
jbl007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leipzig/Germany
Posts: 427
I already put something together some weeks ago, which is basically what you need + TOSEC stuff.... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=932235&postcount=6 But it works very inefficient, esp. with very large collections.
What OS are you using? I think I can make something better for Linux.

Last edited by jbl007; 01 April 2014 at 18:39.
jbl007 is offline  
Old 02 April 2014, 14:43   #7
manic23
Only Amiga!

manic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bromley, Kent
Age: 50
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
It sounds more like what you really want is (for example) a DAT file for all recognized variants in the online database, so you can scan files (and/or rename/move) and get a report of what you have and don't have?
Oooooh a DAT file would be useful, does such a beast exist anywhere?
manic23 is offline  
Old 02 April 2014, 18:21   #8
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 797
For example, in XBMC I can view all the files in the directories I have scanned. The ones that were scanned successfully have updated artwork and the ones that were missed keep the default thumbnail.

This means that nothing gets lost in the mix and forgotten about. Maybe it is too specific but for anyone with a large collection I think it's the only way to know you've got everything accounted for in FS-UAE.

jbl007 - that sounds exactly like it! I'm using Ubuntu 14.04. I'm more than happy to test it out : )
TenLeftFingers is offline  
Old 03 April 2014, 20:29   #9
jbl007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leipzig/Germany
Posts: 427
Ok, here it is, but you don't have a GUI, you need to use a terminal.
Code:
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sonnenscheinchen/emu-scripts/master/db-unsupported.py
chmod +x db-unsupported.py

# to get a list of unsupported images just use:
./db-unsupported.py /path/to/your/gamedirectory

# to get a .txt file you can use output redirection:
./db-unsupported.py /path/to/your/gamedirectory > files.txt

You may also give oagd-launch a try. It also prints some infos about missing disk images:
Code:
$ oagd-launch /media/amiga/games/Chaose2a.adf 
Checksumming file... Done.
Looking up the database.
Found 1 possible variant(s) for Chaose2a.adf.
Using file cache for /media/amiga/games

Checking variant "ADF, cr HF":
Chaos Engine 2, The (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 3)[cr HF].adf
    --> MATCHES: Chaose2a.adf
Chaos Engine 2, The (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 3)[cr HF].adf
Chaos Engine 2, The (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 3 of 3)[cr HF].adf
    --> MATCHES: Chaose2c.adf
There are 1 missing disks for this variant.
In this example my Chaos Engine 2 Disk 2 is somewhat faulty. :-\
jbl007 is offline  
Old 05 April 2014, 16:55   #10
ArtMac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madrid/ Spain
Posts: 29
Hi.

It would be interesting if the FS-UAE Launcher could show the list of game variants missing.

Now the only possibility is to check game by game to see what is missing


thank you!!

ps: it would also be interesting if FS-UAE Launcher had an option to move/copy the games it has found during the scan to a specific path, so all the games that are recognised by FS-UAE Launcher will be moved/copied in a specific path (or paths depending on some time of sorting) and the games that have ot been recognised will be left in the original folder so we cand do with them what we like. In very large collections, now is difficult to tell what zips are useful and what are useless.


thanks
ArtMac is offline  
Old 05 April 2014, 21:09   #11
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Ok, here it is, but you don't have a GUI, you need to use a terminal.
Code:
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sonnenscheinchen/emu-scripts/master/db-unsupported.py
chmod +x db-unsupported.py

# to get a list of unsupported images just use:
./db-unsupported.py /path/to/your/gamedirectory

# to get a .txt file you can use output redirection:
./db-unsupported.py /path/to/your/gamedirectory > files.txt
You may also give oagd-launch a try. It also prints some infos about missing disk images:
Code:
$ oagd-launch /media/amiga/games/Chaose2a.adf 
Checksumming file... Done.
Looking up the database.
Found 1 possible variant(s) for Chaose2a.adf.
Using file cache for /media/amiga/games

Checking variant "ADF, cr HF":
Chaos Engine 2, The (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 3)[cr HF].adf
    --> MATCHES: Chaose2a.adf
Chaos Engine 2, The (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 3)[cr HF].adf
Chaos Engine 2, The (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 3 of 3)[cr HF].adf
    --> MATCHES: Chaose2c.adf
There are 1 missing disks for this variant.
In this example my Chaos Engine 2 Disk 2 is somewhat faulty. :-\
Cool, thank you Maybe I should create a seperate thread for this or PM you but the script didn't seem to like my system:
Code:
~$ ./db-unsupported.py ./Applications/Amiga/Working\ Games/
Checksumming your floppy images...
Searching for floppy images in OAGD...
Done checksumming 164 floppy images.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./db-unsupported.py", line 100, in <module>
    db_checksums = db_checksums_pool.get()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.3/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 564, in get
    raise self._value
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: game
TenLeftFingers is offline  
Old 05 April 2014, 23:48   #12
jbl007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leipzig/Germany
Posts: 427
Hm, It seems it doesn't detect your correct FS-UAE base directory. I used a fixed path to the database file for now based on the log file from your prev. posting. Please re-download and try again.
I think, I'll PM you about this later. I want to get this fixed.
jbl007 is offline  
Old 08 April 2014, 20:41   #13
TenLeftFingers
Registered User

TenLeftFingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 797
Any time
TenLeftFingers is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feature request Galahad/FLT support.WinUAE 5 12 February 2013 19:38
Small feature request hoborg request.UAE Wishlist 3 15 June 2010 16:59
feature request Mad-Matt support.WinUAE 4 25 January 2007 09:22
Feature Request Npl request.UAE Wishlist 5 02 August 2004 21:43
Feature request Fackamato support.WinUAE 48 26 February 2004 17:23

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08451 seconds with 13 queries