English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 06 November 2009, 20:27   #1
DC33
Zone Friend

MakeCD crashes when going to Global Setting page

Hi all,

I recently decided to install my DataFlyer 1200 SCSI+ and have a play around with it. It was all going well until I decided to backup my workbench onto a CD.

I installed MakeCD 3.1 to do some testing, and this is where it all begins.... The problem being that that when MakeCD guides me to the settings page as part of the initial configuration the system crashes (error #8000000B).

Could it be that MakeCD does not like DataFlyer's ExpXDS.device perhaps? or could it be something else?

What is (was actually) the last MakeCD revision ? If there was one later than 3.1, could someone please upload to the zone please so that I can test ?

Thanks for your help.

Just installed MakeCD 3.2 and the same thing happens.

Last edited by DC33; 06 November 2009 at 21:20. Reason: more info
Old 07 November 2009, 23:26   #2
DC33
Zone Friend

It seems that there is a conflict when MakeCD accesses the ExpXDS.device. I found a backup of a previous workbench installation whereby I used MakeCD on my A2000 and at the time I used a SCSI writer which used the ematscsi.device. I copied the tooltypes and settings listed in the MakeCD icon information tab, and renamed the ematscsi.device to ExpXDS.device. Now when starting MakeCD, I get a system crash, so I figure that ExpXDS.device is the problem.

Does anyone know if it possible to control the DataFlyer with another scsi.device ?

Is there anyone out in the EAB community who uses the DataFlyer on their A1200 with MakeCD - with no problems ?

Thanks again.
Old 07 November 2009, 23:35   #3
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
sounds familiar
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48611
Old 07 November 2009, 23:53   #4
DC33
Zone Friend

Thanks cosmicfrog,

Although the error #8000000B is the same, it isn't quite the problem I am having. Initially, I found that I could read CD's etc, however when trying to use MakeCD the system crashes. I tried getting around the settings by using the CF card under UAE but I get the same problem when MakeCD accesses the ExpXDS.device during configuration. It is rather strange, and I am sure someone else will already had such problem.
Old 08 November 2009, 09:30   #5
thomas

You could try to install NSDPatch and add a line to the config file which excludes the erroneous commands. But if the device does not fully support HD_SCSICMD, then it cannot be used to write CDs.

You should also read documentation of MakeCD. I am quite sure it contains a section about compatiblity and how to make it run. I think there is also an archive of the MakeCD mailing list somewhere which you shold search to find out whether somebody else has experienced similar crashes, too.
Old 08 November 2009, 10:44   #6
DC33
Zone Friend

Servus thomas, thanks mate. I have today tried all sort of things like even getting a different SCSi CDR to no avail. Like I mentioned before, the problem seems to be a conflict with the ExpXDS.device as I have been able to access the CDR under other programs such as BurnIt.

The strange thing is that if I cancel the initial configuration requester and continue to navigate through the different MakeCD pages, I don't get into any problems....

In any case, I have decided to forget using the SCSI option and just do what I need to do via the IDE option.

Danke
Old 12 November 2009, 10:03   #7
DC33
Zone Friend

For those who might be interested....

For those who might be interested, the following is what I am still experiencing (just in case you do also).

MakeCD-3.JPG is the last screen I get to before it hangs and goes pear-shaped. In other words, when I get to this screen, and even before I can move the mouse to make a choice, it freezes and it's as far as I get.

Note that if I do not try to access the ExpXDS device via MakeCD, I have no problems. i.e. it can be accessed with SCSI inquiry tool, AsimCDFS et etc.

Kind of weird really. I can access CD's and read from them without a problem... It's just MakeCD as far as I an concerned; hence going back to the IDE option (as soon as I get my new IDE buffer from AmigaKit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MakeCD-1.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	23243   Click image for larger version

Name:	MakeCD-2.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	23244   Click image for larger version

Name:	MakeCD-3.JPG
Views:	191