English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 24 September 2017, 18:55   #21
Falke_34

sorry same error
Old 25 September 2017, 17:10   #22
nobody

Added link to 4.12 at first post but Dropbox wouldn't allow download because 20gb /day download limit exceeded. After ban is lifted I will keep only latest upload for traffic reasons on Dropbox.

New features
-splash screen on menu
-wifi now works, just have to enter your WiFi details on vswm file inside /configs
-kernel 4.12
-removed most non-needed stuff so now download is less than 400mb.

Edit: added a torrent link.

Last edited by nobody; 25 September 2017 at 17:30.
Old 25 September 2017, 21:32   #23
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok nobody, beautiful the intro menu AMiGA, OS4.1 emulation now works well

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 11 May 2018 at 01:35.
Old 25 September 2017, 22:07   #24
nobody

Next version will include more wifi drivers
Old 25 September 2017, 23:53   #25
AMIGASYSTEM

Amilator 4.12 it also works on Virtual Machine, successfully launched OS4.1 with VMware Player, now i try AFA OS

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 January 2018 at 00:05.
Old 27 September 2017, 09:24   #26
nobody

Some speed testing, sysinfo 4.0 on my system (AMD A10-4600M quad core) Linux FS-UAE speed is equal to WinUAE 3.5.0:

60 times x speed of A4000 with 68040/25.
Old 27 September 2017, 10:35   #27
SvladJelly

Would this work with parallel port and real serial port devices?
Old 27 September 2017, 11:16   #28
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvladJelly View Post
Would this work with parallel port and real serial port devices?
I don't know, not tested but have a look at this

https://fs-uae.net/docs/serial-port
Old 27 September 2017, 11:45   #29
AMIGASYSTEM

nobody o noticed that on VMWare Player the emulation stops very much on the Grub menu, sometimes pressing a button starts immediately, see video attached.

VMWare Player it is very convenient to avoid destroying the Off/On key during the tests

I've noticed that OS4 on Amilator is faster than WinUAE, this is probably due to Windows in use sucks resources at WinUAE.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 01 October 2017 at 10:58.
Old 27 September 2017, 15:10   #30
nobody

I tried OS 4.1 and it runs just ok. I think fs-uae spends most time emulating a strong CPU such as a PPC, so the best choice would be a 68k OS like Amiga OS 3.9.
Old 27 September 2017, 16:37   #31
Dunny

I'm looking to emulate 3.1 tbh - once I've bought a new drive for the laptop... You had to release this just as the old one went fizzle, didn't you?
Old 27 September 2017, 17:22   #32
Sinphaltimus

I just had an idea and I may actually try this out if someone doesn't beat me to the punch.

for a windows based PC that supports VHD booting.

Create the virtual machine using a vhd or vhdx formatted virtual hard drive.

Use that virtual hdd to boot from (google booting from vhd).

Theoretically, your virtual machine amiga will boot direct in to the Amiga OS and on your windows box it would appear in a boot menu as a selection.

I haven't researched it much but I don't even think you need much at all. Like the windows side could probably be gotten rid of and removed from the boot menu - all that's really needed is the boot manager from windows.
EDIT2" Windows might be needed as the VHD may depend on virtual drivers that exist in windows. Unless there is direct access to the hardware from the VM - Hrm - going to take some deeper digging.

EDIT =- Actually, windows is not needed at all. I'm reading about GRUB working for vhd booting.
Old 28 September 2017, 22:04   #33
Sinphaltimus

So, the only way for the virtual floppies to work is that you have to list all ADF files you want to use in the config file?

EDIT: Are there any wildcards that can be used so the system sees all ADFs in the floppies folder?
Old 29 September 2017, 15:48   #34
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
So, the only way for the virtual floppies to work is that you have to list all ADF files you want to use in the config file?

EDIT: Are there any wildcards that can be used so the system sees all ADFs in the floppies folder?
For the next version i made a new feature:
A new folder inside /floppies folder in USB, whatever ADF you drop there and (re)start fs-uae will be automatically added to ADF list inside your config file so you can access it from F12 menu. That folder will be mounted as a hard disk for convenience so inside workbench you will be able to drag&drop ADF inside mount folder, restart and list will be updated.

Maximum 20 ADF can be listed in FS-UAE
Old 29 September 2017, 16:43   #35
Genlock
Out to Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
A new folder inside /floppies folder in USB, whatever ADF you drop there and (re)start fs-uae will be automatically added to ADF list inside your config file so you can access it from F12 menu. That folder will be mounted as a hard disk for convenience so inside workbench you will be able to drag&drop ADF inside mount folder, restart and list will be updated.

Nice,!

Tried a few more whdload games in WB3.9 for testing with the joypad ,and Aladin and Alienbreed AGA work great no glitches or controller problems but run a little fast.

#nobody could you add a screen capture option? i created the folder 'snapshots' but couldnt find anything in the configs to set it up.

#Dunny In my last post i meant to say that the video tests for scala_ic and videotracker were done on a WB3.1 setup ..

Iam planning to test the Games on 3.9 and apps on 3.1 ,but i have noticed that
all tests on both workbenches run faster than on my 1200 or on winuae and fs-uae.
Old 29 September 2017, 17:01   #36
Dunny

Quote:

So if I fill the /floppies directory with .adf files, say 40-odd, will only 20 show up in the list?

We really, really need a better solution than that, I think. WHDLoad is all very well but for some games performance can be less than optimal. Being able to access a folder full of .adf files would be preferential I think - though ideally being able to mount a .adf file stored on the HDD and boot from it would be best - though not technically possible iirc.
Old 29 September 2017, 17:05   #37
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
So if I fill the /floppies directory with .adf files, say 40-odd, will only 20 show up in the list?

We really, really need a better solution than that, I think. WHDLoad is all very well but for some games performance can be less than optimal. Being able to access a folder full of .adf files would be preferential I think - though ideally being able to mount a .adf file stored on the HDD and boot from it would be best - though not technically possible iirc.
It doesn't work that way, FS-UAE sees a swap-list of adf's, not your folder with adf's. You would have to use fs-uae-launcher to choose any adf file you want like WinUAE.
Swap-list in FS-UAE has a maximum of 20 entries.
Old 29 September 2017, 18:05   #38
Sinphaltimus

Quote:

Awesome, That will certainly make things a bit more manageable. And Bravo. It's a really nice setup and, works well and is really fast.

The only other thing more I could hope for is to make this USB setup HDD installable. I'd love to run this purely from a laptop hdd. It works great on this old laptop that doesn't take Icaros or AForever very well at all.
Old 29 September 2017, 18:08   #39
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genlock View Post
Nice,!

#nobody could you add a screen capture option? i created the folder 'snapshots' but couldnt find anything in the configs to set it up.

Iam planning to test the Games on 3.9 and apps on 3.1 ,but i have noticed that
all tests on both workbenches run faster than on my 1200 or on winuae and fs-uae.
Just make a screenshot folder in USB and write in your config:

screenshots_output_dir=/amiga/your_folder

About speed you can slow down if
jit_compiler=0
cpu=68020
Old 29 September 2017, 18:51   #40
Genlock
Out to Grass

Thanks for that I will alter the config to suit..
btw, since the latest release - when i use f12 and exit 'X' it takes me to a Debian-login and does not reboot the amiga , but it is reseting the Pc ?

Edit:
Thanks i will go put the kettle on ;-)

Last edited by Genlock; 29 September 2017 at 19:05. Reason: update