English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 20 September 2019, 20:06   #1
Pollock

RemApollo Help required please.

Howdy.

I have been told that without RemApollo, my 1260 isn't performing as well as it should, i have looked into installing it, but as anyone knows who has setup a 68060 on WB, it takes some expert knowledge, something i could very well be lacking in, so i have some questions, some Amiga Jedi might answer.

Is the installation and setup easy enough? are there any safeguards? obvious ones are backing up the 68060 library before patching it etc.

What are the benefits in real world use? i mean, is it like some maproms that give a slight bump in screen draw speed, and i mean 0.3% and that's it, or does it make a difference to gaming? are some things benefited more than others by using it?

I have looked at the MODULES command switch on it, does that mean moving maths.libs into Fast RAM would be advantageous, as would other drivers and libraries, does this mean i can drop LOADMODULE from my SS to load a patched scsi.device version through RemApollo?

any help or advice, gratefully received.
Old 20 September 2019, 21:08   #2
daxb

It depends on your current setup (OS version, used hardware and so on). First, I would recommend to read the Readme carefully.
Old 20 September 2019, 21:30   #3
paul1981

I don't use RemApollo. Tell a lie, I do use the Reset command from the archive as it can do a hard reset, but that's it. I use the ThoR's stuff (mmulib.lha from aminet) for my setup. If your system is now working... You know what they say. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll read the RemApollo docs again one day in the week to see if I am missing anything, but I don't think I am. I'd forgotten or didn't know about the modules included, so I'll check 'em out and report back if there's anything useful there.