English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 June 2014, 10:27   #161
zyonee

Hi, guys. I thought this thread might be the best one suited for my question.

I've got an Amiga 1200 with the Indivision AGA MkIIcr installed. It works flawlessly when connecting to a regular LCD monitor, either directly through DVI or with a DVI to VGA adapter. My plan was to connect it to my TV using a DVI to HDMI converter, as that should produce the cleanest picture. I've got two different kinds of those converters, although the result is the same. The difference between them is single/dual link which won't be relevant to the resolutions that come out even in HiGFX mode.

One of my TVs, the 42" Panasonic plasma TV won't even show anything at all. My other name, a noname full HD 32" LED TV works, but just for a short time, like one minute or so, then it goes blank/black. Unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable works, but it blanks out after some time again.

This makes me believe the problem for both TVs is that the MkIIcr isn't outputting some kind of keepalive signal through the DVI port, or rather that the HDMI converter doesn't output that to the TV, so the big TV assumes there's no signal while the other one tries for one minute, times out and blanks. Is there anything I can change in the output settings on the MkIIcr to fix this or is the problem due to the fact that I'm using a DVI to HDMI converter? I'm guessing a VGA converter will work better, but only the smaller one of my TVs have a VGA input and I don't seem to have any spare VGA cable lying around the house so I can't test it at the moment.

Any thoughts are welcome.
Old 24 September 2014, 00:12   #162
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi mates:
After being working on WinUAE with some nice booting configs using Rainboot (8 ones, lot of work) for my next AK Real update I find that I don't know of an Indi config that gives a good PAL INTERLACED mode (full screen or smaller, but complete centered image). The thing is that it also must be compatible with my SuperPlus or HighGFX config. I need it for the booting screen that uses that mode.

I've seen that I can't try much changes for Pal Interlaced while using my SuperPlus config, as they can disconfigure it, but I can still use my alternative, HighGFX 800x600 with almost whatever Pal Interlaced config.

So I'm asking for whatever good config you've got for Pal Interlaced, Please, replease

It would be very bad to have some wonderful booting screens but that they could only work right on WinUAE, and not with the Indi

EDIT: SOLVED! I've got a new Indi Config that works with HighGFX 800x600, but also a nice Pal interlaced almost full screen that will show the Rainboot screens that I've resized. For Rainboot I am using now images 720x540 (you can resize from 800x600).

I've posted my new config here http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=920520&postcount=97

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 September 2014 at 10:12.
Old 13 January 2015, 16:23   #163
CFou!

hi guys,

happy new years 2015 (same if for french people this year become badly )

have you information about new indivision core (last 2.6) with perhaps v.sync option if we have any luck?

regards.

#We are Chalie
Old 27 January 2015, 16:23   #164
UncleSpam

I just received an indiAGA MK2cr and I'm trying to get the Xtreme mode tested/working.

During the boot process, the computer tells me that the indivision AGA was not found and disables the Xtreme mode.

It worked before in a regular indivision AGA MKII, but not on the MKIIcr.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what may cause that error?
Old 27 January 2015, 20:23   #165
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No idea, but in your case I would use/try HighGFX instead, it's large enough.
Old 27 January 2015, 21:16   #166
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU! View Post
hi guys,

happy new years 2015 (same if for french people this year become badly )

have you information about new indivision core (last 2.6) with perhaps v.sync option if we have any luck?

regards.

#We are Chalie
We have no such luck
Old 27 January 2015, 22:17   #167
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
We have no such luck
There is always hope, but i have to admit, i have a feeling it has been... abandoned. To bad the firmware code hasn't been made available, or we'd probably have it already.
Old 27 January 2015, 22:29   #168
UncleSpam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
No idea, but in your case I would use/try HighGFX instead, it's large enough.
Thanks Retrofan,

I am using that... too bad we can't disable the check for the Xtreme Mode...
Old 27 January 2015, 23:45   #169
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
Thanks Retrofan,

I am using that... too bad we can't disable the check for the Xtreme Mode...

Well I don't know why it checks for it on your System, but an easy way would be if you've got Xtreme Mode on SYS:Monitors, cut and paste it to Storage/Monitors, and if you don't have it there download and copy it to SYS:Monitors

Another thing. Today I posted this video on another thread, but it's better to be here. It shows bymarcao's config 800x600 with 50 MHz:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 16 February 2015, 15:53   #170
rodpulsar

I am so lost trying to configure my MK2 since a few months... I don"t understand the purpose of the different parts of the config tool, I must admit I do things kinda semi-random :/

Thanks guys for trying to make this easier, really !

Retrofan I installed my MK2 using the informations you provided, and it works better than before. I will try to update with your last comments

IMHO, we really need to create a kind of "big book of Amiga screenmodes", explaining "Screen modes", "4/3, 5/4, 16/9...", "Overscan", "Indivision MK1 / MK2 config tool", "50 or 60Hz considerations", 'flickering", with screenshots of each value option, each clickable part, and what it means.

A kind of WIKI ? I would if only I understood what I do !
Old 16 February 2015, 16:09   #171
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpulsar View Post
I am so lost trying to configure my MK2 since a few months... I don"t understand the purpose of the different parts of the config tool, I must admit I do things kinda semi-random
You and me both.
To make matters worse, i cant seam to actually power though, and get "everything" right at the same time, and then i sort of give up. It takes a while, and i come back to the project thinking "this time" i'll get it, and i have to start over again, since what little understanding i did get the last time, has left my brains, and i cant for the life of me remember what does what.
Last time i simply stole someone elses config, and got a "pretty good" if not perfect video mode for the WHDLoad games i tried out. Spent a couple of weeks playing the games i'm fond of, and then wrapped it up, and stuck it on a shelf. It's getting more and more under my skin, so it's soon time to do it all over again, but with any luck i can just pop it in and play on it, ignoring the odd issue here and there...
Old 02 November 2015, 00:50   #172
crazyc

Not sure this is the right place to put this question, but it does relate to my use of the Indy mk2. I avec ended up with a config for pal that I am happy with on my tv. Most games are fine, but some (paperboy for example) is offset to one side. Now according to the indys on screen display, both games are using pal and outputting the same res to the dvi. So why are the offsets different?
Old 02 November 2015, 10:12   #173
trixster
Guru Meditating

Some games do not output a standard resolution. The Settlers is an example. the Indivision provides you with a PAL Screenmode exactly as defined in the config, and most games fit exactly into those parameters, however some do not.

The positioning of the PAL screenmode for games which run outside of the desktop environment can be tweaked in the config with h-offset and v-offset. Games which run from workbench can be positioned using the workbench overscan prefs.
Old 02 November 2015, 10:44   #174
demolition
Unregistered User

Several Amiga games are shifted to the right - I think because it gives the designers more available sprites due to some hardware 'feature'. They have always been like that even on old CRT monitors but due to the fact that CRT monitors would often clip parts of the picture it was less obvious.
Old 02 November 2015, 14:28   #175
Jope
-

If you look at the preferences for 1.3, the picture position is way to the right by default. Most TV screens show only the rightmost part of the signal, thus the wb + most games were also positioned there.

Such is life if you want max overscan for wb and want to play games at the same time. This is how it always was. :-)
Old 03 November 2015, 03:26   #176
spudisgood

Still struggling getting a good PAL mode, I always end up with letterbox / off centre.

Any settings I can try?
Old 03 November 2015, 09:38   #177
trixster
Guru Meditating

You could give my config a try

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=73
Old 11 November 2015, 19:14   #178
Nostromo

Quick question before purchasing an Indivision MK2 CR - which I want to use with a 50hz compatible monitor... someone told me that VSYNC is not supported on this scandoubler, how this will be an issue when using 50hz?

Thanks!
Old 12 November 2015, 17:38   #179
trixster
Guru Meditating

Can you definitely confirm your monitor will do 50hz at the pal resolution outputed by the indivision? If so then 50hz without vsync 'should' be fine and 'should' be ok for full screen pal 50hz without stutter provided you an set the config up correctly or one of the configs offered on here works correctly with your monitor.

The indivision can produce stutter-free full screen pal despite not having vsync, however it depends on whether your monitor can support what it gives.
Old 10 May 2016, 00:24   #180
Xebec

Question on resolutions --

i'm using a 1600x1200 20" LCD for my Indivision AGA Mk2 (cr I believe).

When selecting resolutions there's always an extra pixel added -- for example, 800x600 "VGA output" becomes 800x601 per my monitor. 640x480 = 640x481 for example.

Also, I've tried using 1600x1200 for the monitor resolution and then my monitor tells me it does not support that resolution; presumably because the monitor is receiving a signal for 1600x1201 resolution.

Any ideas or suggestions? I love this piece of hardware and just want to get the most I can out of it.. I'm hoping for 800x600 (not 601) so that scales to the full screen dimensions (800x600 currently leaves black borders all around, despite being a perfectly scalable resolution for 1600x1200).

Thanks!
John