English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 09 January 2005, 21:34   #1
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Laser Squad Music Remixed

I'm not really a fan of remixed music unless the remixes are done by the original musicians and even then I sometimes dont like them.

Laser Squad was a special game for me. We used to play it turn based every day after school. The music is very haunting and still today makes me shiver.

This remix by Mark Vera keeps all of the "sound" of the original and if you'd ever heard the original before you'll instantly recognise it.

Please Try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Vera
This remix is bridge between Spacesynth and Electro-breakbeat styles, some trancy elements too I'd say. Made in two evenings. The vocal sample in the intro is "naturally" me. Original song by Matt Furniss and he gave me his blessing on this remix The electronic rain sound in the intro has been sampled from my friend's Korg M1, bassline from his Juno-106, some samples are from the original module song (with some pre-processing for higher sample quality), drums are samples sequenced in Orion (no loops), otherwise sounds from softsynths. They say intro is little bit long, but it is still shorter than in the original (and personally I like it this way). Some counterpoint melodies added.