English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 March 2013, 13:04   #1
Geon106

Send a message via MSN to Geon106 Send a message via Yahoo to Geon106
Angry Struggling with ClassicWB :(

I know this is well documented but after spending the last 8 hours scouring the internet I am at a loss.

I have a real Amiga A1200, an IDE > CF adapter with a 4GB Sandisk CF card

I booted in Workbench 3.1 in WinUAE to try and install ClassicWB.

I formatted the CF card, made 3 partitions(1x 520mb for system. DH1: / 1x 1995MB for games. DH2 / 1x 1445mb(or so) for software. DH3)

I've downloaded ClassicWB Full(my Amiga has an additional 8MB FastRam)

I then confused the CF card as IDE0 on WinUAE, used HDToolBox for the above partitions, set the max transfer to 0x1fe00. The 3 partitions showed up as 3 disks saying NDOS, so I formatted them and labelled them, reset and then they showed as 3 floppy disks with their labels.

Next, I set up the ClassicWB HDF file as an additional HD. Setting this as IDE0 and changed CF to IDE1. Booted up into ClassicWB and copied over the data within CLI by typing "Copy DH0: DH1 ALL" it copied absolutely fine.

I removed the HDF from WinUAE to boot to the CF to ensure it works fine before I pop it into my A1200, however whenever I try and run anything, I get prompts. For example, when I try and open Dopus it comes up asking for me to insert the disk "A-Programs" into any drive? If I try and open Shell I asks for "KCONS" to be inserted into any drive?

So it's pretty useless. I thought maybe it was an issuing copying the contents of the HDF, so I mounted just that within WINUAE and the problems occour there too. I tried to re-download ClassicWB but still happens.

I really would like any help.

I've tried installing without WINUAE but I don't understand how to make System.Zip within WinUAE and wouldn't know how to extract it on my Amiga so I'm stuck with what I thought would be the easier route.

Sorry this is a really long post, I just wanted to give as much info as possible to make things easier and in case anyone stumbles across this thread
Old 28 March 2013, 13:16   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi!

You can try to follow my Video guide, it might help?

[ Show youtube player ]

Good luck

Steve.
Old 28 March 2013, 13:17   #3
Geon106

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Hi!

[ Show youtube player ]

Good luck

Steve.
Thanks Steve, watching it now. Will report back soon
Old 28 March 2013, 15:04   #4
Geon106

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Hi!

[ Show youtube player ]

Good luck

Steve.
Followed your guide to a tee, I realised the reason I had issues was because I was booting WinUAE with Workbench 3.1 in the drive. I did find my CF card didn't show as RDW but doesn't seem to have given me any issues so far

Your guide was really useful, not just for solving my issue getting up and running but also getting Classic Workbench running.

Really am grateful