English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 March 2011, 12:51   #1
tobbe2010

Jetstrike CD32

Did anyone finnish this game? I am currently playing and I am stuck at level 99. You're suppose to guard the CO's white van but it destroys itself every time, but you can keep playing forever and never get a "mission failed" message.
I've tried everything and I'm starting to suspect a bug. Did anyone get past this level? Or does anyone know of cheats so I can skip this level?

Old 08 March 2011, 13:18   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
=-O

I have never passed level 3!
Old 02 May 2011, 14:41   #3
tobbe2010

Then you have 147 missions to go!

Old 19 December 2021, 01:00   #4
UnnamedCourier

Apologies for bumping such an ancient thread, but I was stuck here too. The game is bugged and it's impossible to get past this level and/or complete the game. This annoyed me for literally decades, so I decided to have a look at the save file to try and bypass it.
It turns out the game actually records what level you are on as the second byte of the save file. If you change that you can start at the level you want. However, you can't just arbitrarily start on any level. If you try to, the game will hang after choosing an aircraft. You can only start on levels that the game would let you actually save on in normal play. As such, the next level after the bugged level 96 is 106 (set it to "6A" in hex). This works fine and you will be able to play the rest of the game! I've not tested it much past this point as Jesus have my skills receeded compared to back in the day, but hopefully it's possible to completely finish it now.
Setting the value to FF will also show you the end sequence on loading the save, but if you're going to do that you might as well just load the file called "Apocolypse" on the disc, which does the same thing.
I've attached a saved game from this level, as the name suggest this is loaded using the Green button from the main menu.
I was playing on an A1200, so this goes in the env-archive/Highscores/Jetstrike directory there. God knows how you get it into a real CD32's NVRAM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip savegreen.zip (319 Bytes, 43 views)