English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 September 2012, 20:55   #1
ldaneels

Detailed WinUAE config file description

Is there a website where I can find a detailed description for each line in the .uae config file ?
Thanks as always for any help
Old 04 October 2012, 14:03   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't think there is any kind of documentation. Most of the options are rarely needed.
Old 20 October 2012, 06:15   #3
zunebuggy

Anyone that is interested, myself included, should collaborate and combine our little bits of knowledge and write one. I am having a lot of issues with the HardDrive section.

Old 20 October 2012, 22:00   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunebuggy View Post
I am having a lot of issues with the HardDrive section.
Have a look at this WinUAE help file:
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/emu/WinUAEHelp223.zip
Old 21 October 2012, 05:36   #5
zunebuggy

The links inside the chm file in that zip are completely blank. Also, if you have downloaded the latest UAE as I have, the menu options have changed so much that any other online help sources are no longer relevant. Sad but true. I tried to follow instructions to set up UAE to emulate the 1200 and access the Internet. There were so many options that are so different or no longer in the menu that the configuration did not work and I had to abandon that idea due to an error message that simply said Crash. About the only thing a new user can do is emulate A500, setup Kickstart and point DF0 and DF1 to some adf files and play a few games. I think the help files need to be updated or those of us willing to trudge through and teach ourselves, need to share our notes somewhere. A new help file is badly needed.

Old 21 October 2012, 06:42   #6
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The chm file is app. 7 month old, and works fine here. There was a GUI layout change some betas ago, but most of the options are still at the old place and are pretty plausible. I'm sure, there will be an update of this help file soon. Probably after the release of v2.5.0.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 21 October 2012 at 06:50.